Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish Torque bar ends dangerous?

Forum for kitesurfers
longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Re: Naish Torque bar ends dangerous?

Postby longwhitecloud » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:08 am

hmm. is it like ones in pic above? if it like above I doubt it is going to be a problem.

You name it - i have hit myself in the face with that part of a bar.

Daversj
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sag Harbor
Style: Like it all...
Gear: Ozone, Cabrinha,Naish,North,Corevac surfboard
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Daversj » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:29 am

TheRussian wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:25 pm
+1.... I have hit almost everything imaginable, but never the bar ends.... try taking up hydrofoiling for pointy sharp bits.
Thank you for that. Was laughing out loud.

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Foil » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:54 am

if you have not yet hit your face with the bar ends, then your lucky, the risk is hyper small I agree on that, but my god you know about it when you do impact the bar end with your eye socket or upper cheek bone,
in 20 years two big black eyes and x2 two weeks of embarrassing moments feeling like some street thug as people gave me disapproving looks, never mind the million times I had to explain to work mates who disbelieved my story about how it was an accident.
and many years ago I snapped the end of my very hard carbon end wipika bar clean off after landing on it in shallow water, lucky it hit me in the thickest part of my impact vest.

The guys using the sexy looking naked carbon bars make me shudder at the thought of when they will take the hit in the face, it will happen,
in my last case that was a few years back - just before I had to give a presentation in front of a large group of people at work,when the black eye looked really bad.

Return to “Kitesurfing”