Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Flysurfer Soul

For all foil kite riders
haiku
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Latina beach Italy and...Naish beach Maui
Favorite Beaches: Latina, Porto Pollo - Italy , Kitebeach. Kihei - Maui
Style: old and new school
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic FR, Speed, Boost, Cronix, Naish Pivot, Flysurfer Radical 5, Door 5, Kazuma custom wave boards

Re: Flysurfer Soul

Postby haiku » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:44 am

Flysurfer Soul 12, kite foil session in Ultra Light Wind Conditions :thumb: .

Cheers

Carlo

slide
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 75kg,now a bit less
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles- just need a hard beach
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes uk-just need a hard beach
Style: landboarding with a petzl work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon landboards, modified airdeck and a home made snow board with barrel wheels ,soul's , spd5's. over 30ish old blades all set up to go ,i like a bit of old skool
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby slide » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:32 pm

it does look a very stable kite in low winds-i haven't had chance to try mine yet ,all set up and ready to go , just waiting abit before i go the the beach again ,i went 3 weeks ago early in the morning , i had a great session and then walked back to the carpark late morning and the car park was heaving with my medical history and my daughter is pregnant , they not keen on me going for a bit ,i might lookout for an early morning session again

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:18 pm

9m Soul Internal camber adjustment test

I finally got round to adjusting the knots inside the kite today.
You can put your hand in the closest air intake - then do a u turn at the end and slide it back a bit until you find the hole that goes all the way to the wingtip and pull it through.
I moved the larks head loop to the next knot about a 1cm at the various points.
Test winds 8-15 knots - Foil board

Since I bought the kite I've always felt that it sits back in the window a bit more compared to the 8m soul.
After this mod - IMO it fly's forward more and has an increase of power while maintaining stability overhead.
I did notice that it was more sensitive to bar throw and had to pull on some depower.
Its so much more lively and fun to fly now... In a few days we have some strong wind coming - so will give it a whirl on my twin tip and report how the jumping trajectory goes.
I'm guessing it will heli loop a lot better now :)
These users thanked the author ShaveTheWhales for the post:
Breze (Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:50 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Breze
Frequent Poster
Weight: 90kg
Style: Foiling
Gear: Foils&Tubes

Postby Breze » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:26 pm

Did you shorten the PMAs on the upper sail or at the bottom of the Profile? How many PMAs are on the Soul? Does anybody know how many PMAs are on the Sonic2?

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:43 pm

Just the lowers otherwise id be back at the same shape again.. Theres 8 on the 9m, easy to find them - just press down on the material and you'll see the line & knots inside.
Got to 54 mins 50 secs in the video, he shows you how and where to find them :)

On my Twin Tip I got the chance to try the 9m Soul in 15 - 25 knots with the PMA mod.. Still very stable and if anything, behaved better than the standard setting. No problems with gusts, although it was only a 10 knot difference.. Much better for jumping higher as it climbs more vertically, the gusts just give you an extra Elevator lift very easily and as I thought, the heli loops are better :)
From the back of the window you can fly it fast up to 12 and it will just stop there and wait for you, no folding twisting or collapsing.
Not sure why they didnt just release it like that Standard.. Perhaps for those areas with huge gust differences.
I did manage to mess up a few landings putting the kite in the water - damn I love the Souls relaunch !
I thought the kite was good before but now im like farq yeah bring it on :)

Thanks Flysurfer design team - Im very impressed having Options :thumb:
These users thanked the author ShaveTheWhales for the post:
Breze (Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:07 am)

Armin Harich
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby Armin Harich » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:57 am

Hi.

We deliver our kites stable and solid enough for most conditions and riders. We strongly recommend for normal riders not to change it.
I is like overclocking a CPU. Sometime you can gain a bit of extra speed. But there is a bit variation between every piece.
You als increase the risk of damaging it.
If you make the kite too unstable, it can collapse more easy. This can result to a massive damage if it opens in the power zone with a massive power spike. Especially if you generate extra drag, if you are for example below the water. Every extra power spike to the kite will for sure not make it better and it will last less long.

Please be very carefully and take care, that we cannot repair kites for free it they snap.
Only if someone know exactly what he is doing and take the privat responsibility it is fine.
Otherwise leave the kite as it is.

We have the PMA, to maintain the kite that it will last longer and make the customer happy.

Have fun, Armin

JakeFarley
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Weight: 92kg
Local Beach: Florida Left Coast, USA
Favorite Beaches: Any that are not crowded.
Style: Dinosaur style (Velociraptor)
Gear: Kites: Flysurfer Speed5 21m, Soul 12m, Cabrinha 16m Xbow, 11m Xbow, Best 14m HP Nemesis, 9m Yarga C Hybrid
Boards: Crazyfly 135 x 46 Pro, Cabrinha Spoiler 140, 6' custom surfboard, 122 x 46 custom twintip
Wing foil: Naish Hover 110l, Slingwing 6.4m, F-One CWC Strike 8m, Slingshot Hover Glide Fwing (Infinity 99), Slingshot Phantasm 926 and E 990

Postby JakeFarley » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:44 pm

@Armin,
So when would you advise adjusting the PMAs? After all other adjustments (mixer tests, bridle measurements, etc.) have been made and the kite still flies badly? Do you recommend that a qualified Flysurfer dealer make the adjustments? Just wondering if they are trained/experienced in doing this and have the expertise....

Also, I think it's great the Flysurfer built in this capability to keep your kites flying properly.

Breze
Frequent Poster
Weight: 90kg
Style: Foiling
Gear: Foils&Tubes

Postby Breze » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:58 am

I`m flying FS kites for a long time, Warrior 16.5, Pulse, Psycho3&4, Speed 3&4, Sonic2 and for 1.5 years the 10m Soul. Love this well behaving Foil. But there is one thing that bothers me: Medium-light wind reverse waterstart. I get the reverse kite nicely up( in marginal wind only a few meters), then letting one line go, kite turns/spins around and too often one side comes in for making the taco.
Yesterday i tried to position the reverse flying kite from the center of the window more right and left, to see if he stays more open when turning. No success, in mid reverse flight position the side wants to collapse when slightly let one line go. It is allways the pulled side, which is flying backwards who comes in. Any tips? Pulling less in?
Do others have this taco after spin too?

Tomlutz
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Weight: 83
Local Beach: Switzerland
Gear: TT, Foil Moses Onda, Soul 8, Pansh Genesis, Concept Air Pulsion 18m, Kauper XT Falocn 11 and 13

Postby Tomlutz » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:56 am

Breze wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:58 am
I`m flying FS kites for a long time, Warrior 16.5, Pulse, Psycho3&4, Speed 3&4, Sonic2 and for 1.5 years the 10m Soul. Love this well behaving Foil. But there is one thing that bothers me: Medium-light wind reverse waterstart. I get the reverse kite nicely up( in marginal wind only a few meters), then letting one line go, kite turns/spins around and too often one side comes in for making the taco.
Yesterday i tried to position the reverse flying kite from the center of the window more right and left, to see if he stays more open when turning. No success, in mid reverse flight position the side wants to collapse when slightly let one line go. It is allways the pulled side, which is flying backwards who comes in. Any tips? Pulling less in?
Do others have this taco after spin too?
I have the same experience. I now don't let go of one line completely, I release it gradually and gently, and I have the impressions that this prevents the folding / taco. - Tom
These users thanked the author Tomlutz for the post:
Breze (Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:00 pm)

hayes
Rare Poster
Gear: Flysurfer Speed 3 15m
Flexifoil Hadlow ID's
Has thanked: 0

Postby hayes » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:00 pm

Anybody ride their souls powered on twintip?
Seems a lot of you guys are foilers

I’ve got a 15m speed 5, thinking of a soul to go with it
I have 12 and 9 Stoke inflatables that I’m not too keen on, so thinking of getting rid and getting a 10M soul and a small kite for looping, like a 8m bandit or similar
Ideal quiver would be 18/12/8 Souls but I’m not made of money haha

Anyone ride a 10m soul with twintip? My 15 is good for 12to 20knots, id like the 10 to be fun in 20-26 (ish)
Style is boosting, downloops, little bit of old school tricks

Return to “Foil Kites”