Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Flysurfer Peak 4

For all foil kite riders
flying doctor
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer Peak 4

Postby flying doctor » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:57 am

I've used the connect bar a couple of times now.

+ light, clean, good lines.
- the centre is squared and a bit beefy, not that comfortable for me riding one handed.

I've just removed the b-safe attachment to the kite and managed to attach the fifth line all the way to one of the power line connection points to create a single line flag out. I'll have to test and see if this works out. Otherwise it's another minus for water use.

All the minuses are irrelevant if you use the bar as intended: on snow or with a buggy.
These users thanked the author flying doctor for the post:
khaakon (Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:15 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

tmcfarla
Frequent Poster

Postby tmcfarla » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:56 am

Anyone have experience using the peak4 with smal to medium wings? Seems almost all reviews I've read about it are from people using relatively large hydrofoils. Is it as well matched with smaller wings as well?

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:45 pm

I feel like my kit is the most cohesive it's ever been. The 5 and 4m Peaks with a lift 170 on a board that my forever esteemed builder absolutely nailed is the sickest package I could ever hope for.

I think these kites suit a foil with a wide speed envelop. Nothing racy, but something with a thin profile and low drag that can really take advantage of the Peak's ballsy power and comfort at high speeds. Makes for great acceleration. Im routinely hitting higher speeds than I did with bigger kites. Their small size makes them less intimidating when you punch it. At the same time, I want enough surface area to slow right down in swell.

Racy stuff is a mismatch in my opinion. These kites are fun to fly and really suit a lot of direction change over being parked. So something surfy is the obvious fit, but I think too big and thick would short change the pace potential.

Everyone has to narrow down their preferred wing, but at 78kg, 1100 cm2, thin profile is really working for me. The lift 170 is a really fun foil and matched with Peaks give a smooth ride over a wide speed range. The alchemy of foil and kite is personal. I feel like I've stumbled on gold.
These users thanked the author jumptheshark for the post (total 3):
tmcfarla (Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:49 am) • andrzej351 (Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:07 am) • Peter_Frank (Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:23 pm)
Rating: 9.09%

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:57 pm

Mark the SPOT on 15M for the Clydesdale Division!!

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:16 am

17m2 light cloth 27gr ?
I found this video very nice using the shaman but i suppose it would be similar with the peak :

geron
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Progreso,Yucatan
Gear: TT & foil

Postby geron » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:36 pm

That Marabou hibrid looks like a peak for water logical kite (it doesent look too difficult to make the leading edge closed (the tips are allready)

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:26 pm

tmcfarla wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:56 am
Anyone have experience using the peak4 with smal to medium wings? Seems almost all reviews I've read about it are from people using relatively large hydrofoils. Is it as well matched with smaller wings as well?

Yes, they work with smaller wings also - somehow I am sure I have responded on this very question before???

But as this thread is 124 pages long, it might very well be the case :lol:

If you like to play around on your hydrofoil, no matter which size wing, they are great :thumb:

8) Peter

Horst Sergio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: -
Brand Affiliation: kitejunkie.com

Account abandoned

Postby Horst Sergio » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:25 am

somehow my first version of this got lost:

Flysurfer is asking customers for NEW Peak4 sizes!

https://www.surveymonkey.de/r/win-a-peak

I voted for 2,5 and 6 m² as I think, 2,5 - 4 - 6 m² could be an awesome combo, :D
maybe also 7 m instead but I prefer smaller as already very happy with the 5 m² for low wind and 8 m² is often reported as to slow.

Since quite a while now with around 10 m lines on the 5 m² and very sure to change all small sizes to this length and to stay with it, feels to relevant rise windrange also unhooked, as shorter better controllable power spices and again higher agility in waves. But still clean powerful loops.
Just with the 3 m² I will have to find out if it get's to fast and so will be dropped to often, but on the other hand the 10 m lines also makes relaunch via reasembling, winding up and off the lines, half the way compared to 20 m.

Please requote the upper part with the link for the next pages from time to time during the next month so anybody can see the survey,

Thank You

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone

Postby joriws » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:27 pm

Horst Sergio wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:25 am
somehow my first version of this got lost:
I posted survey info too in this thread before you did and it got deleted. Admin deleted it?

geron
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Progreso,Yucatan
Gear: TT & foil

Postby geron » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:44 pm

Haha, the 4m is already to fast for me with 24 m lines and I still have to figure out how to relaunch; but there is still hope for me as I have had the Peak only 3 days.
I went swimming to the beach, relaunched there, and returned upwind the 5 km that I had traveled on a grate and sublime downwind :D

Return to “Foil Kites”