Rare Poster
Local Beach: Around the World
Gear: All kite gear
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight Kites
Has thanked: 0

Re: Eleveight CS vary 2021 vs 2020

Postby Eleveight Kites » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:24 pm

Hi Youtch,

Thanks for your message and comments. On some products we have a yearly millesime, on some others we don't. Bar is tipically a product that is not easy to change completely from one year to another, but we always work on improving our products. Yes, we were planning a release of an updated version by July this year, but our friend COVID19 caused a lot of delays in the production of the new parts... As you said, next bar will improve with a new depower line made out of spectra covered by TPU, and most important, we will release soon the new Quick matic V2. We can already say that it will be the most innovative and easy click in function on the market, we still don't have an exact date for it, but it will be somewhere in the autumn. Bar stick, lines and bar foams will be the same anyway, so we will propose for next year a Quick matic V2 "kit", that our customers will be able to adapt on the current bar. Any question is welcome. Thank you guys for riding Eleveight.
These users thanked the author Eleveight Kites for the post:
Youtch (Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:30 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Youtch
Frequent Poster

Postby Youtch » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:34 pm

Many thanks for your answer, this sounds definitly like taking a good bar and making an even better bar, i was for sure missing the TPU covered.

My current bar is with TPU and it outlasts all non-TPU bar at my spot.

I am definitly in for the next version. Keep us posted.

richy-c
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Gear: Ozone Moses Shinn Best
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby richy-c » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:20 pm

Hello Guys. I have already raised this point with my dealer who said he would pass on the info to you but I haven't heard anything back as yet. I thought I'd ask you directly after seeing this thread. I have just bought a 2020 Cs vary bar following watching an Eleveight product video on YouTube showing the chicken loop re set as being an easy click in system without having to pull back the red collar. I was attracted to this as I am using a rope slider on my spreader bar . However I cannot get the loop to click back in at any time like shown in the video. In fact it is very awkward to re set on a slider rope as the collar has to be fully pulled back to allow the holding pin to re set and some times if I don't get it 100 percent correct the red plastic collar will not seat correctly giving a slack bungie on the collar and an insecure chicken loop. I've had the loop pop off a couple of times when launching. My old bar was a 2015 best bar and I found this to be a much sturdier set up. I'm wondering if this is a common issue and if you could offer me a solution please?

cavalier66
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Weight: 64
Local Beach: London, Athens
Gear: Eleveight, Shinn
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby cavalier66 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:20 pm

I was just sold a 2021 kite and 2021 bar - have to say the bar looks exactly the same as the 2020 bar, so seems the changes haven't been made (yet). The kite looks different though - however, it's a 7m and I haven't yet had the winds to test any differences from the 2020 Eleveight kites I have - in the meantime my teenage daughter is learning on it!

Youtch
Frequent Poster

Postby Youtch » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:14 pm

Hello Eleveight. Autumn is coming. Any news about the v3 of rhe vary bar? Can you tease us a little?

Youtch
Frequent Poster

Re: Eleveight CS vary: v3 2021 vs old model

Postby Youtch » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:09 am

One month later. Any hope to see the new bar arriving in autumn or it will be postponed to winter?

Eleveight Kites
Rare Poster

Postby Eleveight Kites » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:33 pm

Hi Youtch, we are now in our final testing of our last production quick release. We will release it before the end of this year, but we will for sure keep you informed few days before the release. You will anyway hear about the release as we will promote it. Thanks for following up.

Youtch
Frequent Poster

Postby Youtch » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:57 pm

Thank you very much for our quick answer. Looking forward to it.

Do you confim the lines will be PU coated?

Eleveight Kites
Rare Poster

Postby Eleveight Kites » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:03 pm

Hi Youtch, yes, the depower line will be PU coated, and the Quick release will be the brand new re-designed quick matic V2, incredibly soft and easy to click in (like seat belt). We will keep you informed, we are looking forward to show you the last years of development on work on it !

Youtch
Frequent Poster

Postby Youtch » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:11 pm

Excellent news!

I am waiting for E8 new bar to be avaible to buy a replacement for my new bar.

If it is like the previous bar with PU coated line and improved quick release, I am all in.

Please keep flashy red color on left side, safety first!

Return to “Kitesurfing”