For all foil kite riders
Carlos_C
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southend, Lancing, Hunstanton, sea Palling
Gear: Fuels, Speed 4, Sonic 2
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: I bought a Flysurfer Pulse2 6m...

Postby Carlos_C » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:30 am

You and always get longer ones, cut down and splice a loop - bit of a faff but will work.

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:15 pm

Agree with you on those blades!
I’ve been out on my 16 year old Blade III 6.6 and 10.5 a lot this year! Amazing, powerful, durable and nice stiff, non tangly bridles.

slide
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 75kg,now a bit less
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles- just need a hard beach
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes uk-just need a hard beach
Style: landboarding with a petzl work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon landboards, modified airdeck and a home made snow board with barrel wheels ,soul's , spd5's. over 30ish old blades all set up to go ,i like a bit of old skool

Postby slide » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:23 am

when the blade3 came out ,we all soon realised that the big blade 3 's had a stretching issue , i was landboarding with the "gravity renegades" crew (check that video out), and after some heavy jumping the A and B bridle stretched , i had the full set of b3's, and i noticed it on my 10.5 (on handles) really bad -basicly they become reluctant to take off ( this was the reason they came up the 3 bridle adjustment ,that later appeared on the blade iv and the blurr) and what we all came up with was to add to the C line
this is how i did it -6.6 i added 25 mm ,30mm to the 8.5, and 10.5 i added 35 mm , and then they flew properly again , like the blade3 was designed to do with a massive glide in the jumps and is a fantastic jumping machine-even the 3 metre was great in a big wind and had that same glide in the jump
Last edited by slide on Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:12 am

Nice!

Mine have a full depower system (homebrewed):

A and B joined and attach to front lines
D to rear lines.
C floats on a pulley along a line between AB and D.
One pulley each side.
Takes care of that A and B bridle stretch.
Easy to make, easy to fly, huge range, great upwind, quick turning and outstanding depower.
Great kite for HF too.
I love them.

slide
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon landboards, modified airdeck and a home made snow board with barrel wheels ,soul's , spd5's. over 30ish old blades all set up to go ,i like a bit of old skool

Postby slide » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:38 am

watch "gravity renegades" the first video to show what could be done with buggies , and when i started thats what i saw every time i walked down the beach and it used to rev me up , and there is some very early lewis wilby action on it too ,the best land boarder around then and possibly now - he tests/rides for flysurfer now after being a flexifoil rider for many years and CKB rider- never seen anybody power loop like him in strong winds on a landboard 3 loops in one jump on one video)

slide
Very Frequent Poster

Postby slide » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:06 am

i have spoken to slav about making me some 70cm spare part lines up , does anybody else want some making up , he is an ebay seller "slav42", and his lines are top notch , i have brought line sets before off him and he is reasonable with his prices

derek440
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Perth
Favorite Beaches: Coogee
Style: Frothing the foils
Gear: Surf kites, strapless surfboards, foil gear, foil kites
Brand Affiliation: Gin/Flymaax dealer for Australia

Postby derek440 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:38 am

I took this kite out again recently in some crazy wind, people were getting dragged around and racers were struggling on their smallest kites so I got the 6m pulse 2 out of the car as i keep it under the seat and it performed again. I reckon it might even be a bit out of tune but it doesn't matter it sits very stable but its pretty sketchy on launch in 30kn+. When sending it to get on foil I remembered it likes a little sheet out on the power stroke and when i did that i got launched over the board about 3 times until I realised I had to do a much smaller power stroke in 30kn but once on foil its an absolutely lovely kite to ride in hectic storm winds. What a great buy! My quiver is now F-One Diablo 11m, Halo 15 and 19m and the little Pulse2 storm kite. And then a 3m pansh as a toy/trainer of for cyclones :)

slide
Very Frequent Poster

Postby slide » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:09 pm

sounds like a good session , it might need the mixer test - i'm trying hard to get some 70cmm yellow pully lines , as mine are looking ropey :lol:
yea all ordered and on their way, custom spare part lines in black and a good price

Return to “Foil Kites”