Hurry up - three of them are mine :D :jump: :rollgrin:

Oh dammmmmmnnn.....nice!!! :thumb: :thumb:

lisaped
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Naish 2021

Postby lisaped » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:59 pm

Where is new bar? bla-bla about 2021 kites but nothing about bar since 2019. It looks like they lost ways to improve it. Change in color or LE version is much easier way to say that new kite is the best

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:42 pm

lisaped wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:59 pm
Where is new bar? bla-bla about 2021 kites but nothing about bar since 2019. It looks like they lost ways to improve it. Change in color or LE version is much easier way to say that new kite is the best
I heard the bar is changed this year, but not what they changed. It seems to me they are doing a tiered launch since the directionals were first, then kites....TTs has not been launched yet either.

Re kites: I have have been riding the kites pretty much every year and I think there is a difference. I am also glad they do not completely redesign every year since I really really love both the pivot and the slash for their qualities. The approach of getting a fantastic design then implement changes to improve makes sense to me. It is pretty much what every product lifecycle does. :-) :thumb:

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:55 pm

tautologies wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:42 pm
lisaped wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:59 pm
I heard the bar is changed this year, but not what they changed. It seems to me they are doing a tiered launch since the directionals were first, then kites....TTs has not been launched yet either.

Re kites: I have have been riding the kites pretty much every year and I think there is a difference. I am also glad they do not completely redesign every year since I really really love both the pivot and the slash for their qualities. The approach of getting a fantastic design then implement changes to improve makes sense to me. It is pretty much what every product lifecycle does. :-) :thumb:
New bar in March...

ScoopZ
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Scotland.
Style: Catching bumps/carving.
Gear: Ozone 2014 Cats - 10/12.
Airush 5'6" Cypher
Airush Sector 60.

Postby ScoopZ » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:56 pm

The 2021 bag is nice, very sharp and Cabrinha like. I didn't hang around long enough at my spot to see the pirate take to the air.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:30 am

Ludmil wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:22 am
matth wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:28 pm
I recieved my new pivot 12m LE yesterday. I noticed Naish now recommends 6 t0 8 PSI....I wonder if they were having warranty issues with the 11psi from the past few years...
I am still going to pump mine up to at least 9 psi....I do believe you notice the diffence in flight quality..
Interesting, is that written on the LE or you did read it in the booklet that's coming w/ the kite?
I always pump mine to 8psi no matter what the LE says.The booklet says 8-10psi for kites up to 6m,7-9psi for 7-9m and 6-8psi for 11-16m
5-6psi is what I pump to when im teaching so they don't destroy my kites but I couldn't imagine actually kiting with only 6psi in my kite. it will taco on every turn haha.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:30 am

Ive only flown my 12m so far ! Im in love with not ! Ive been on the Slash for the past 4 years and love them but I think Im sticking to the pivots this year and the Boxers for foiling and as my ultra light wind surf kite. I couldn't get the LE version so I got the blue and orange colors. I get a lot of compliments on the blue but I prefer the orange. my 16m Boxer seems to turn a lot faster this year ! I don't see how they accomplished that without loosing low end but they did !

riddim1
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: Australia
Favorite Beaches: Spot X
Style: wave, foil
Gear: Naish, Firewire, Duotone, Lift

Postby riddim1 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:23 am

clint2070 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:30 am
Ive only flown my 12m so far ! Im in love with not ! Ive been on the Slash for the past 4 years and love them but I think Im sticking to the pivots this year and the Boxers for foiling and as my ultra light wind surf kite. I couldn't get the LE version so I got the blue and orange colors. I get a lot of compliments on the blue but I prefer the orange. my 16m Boxer seems to turn a lot faster this year ! I don't see how they accomplished that without loosing low end but they did !
Hey Clint,

Would be interested in your thoughts on the S25 Pivots in the surf on a directional. Like you, Ive been on the Slash for the past 4 years as they’re a bit more forgiving on my bottom/top turns i.e. doesn’t pull me off my edge.
Would consider a switch back to pivots if this new bridal setting seems better for the surf.
Cheers.

SurfboY
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: Brouwersdam, Knokke-Heist
Favorite Beaches: El Coche, Ras Sudr, Zanzibar
Style: Big Air, Freeride
Gear: Naish kites, Nobile board, Mystic harnass and O’neill wetsuit.

Postby SurfboY » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:45 am

It's probably written here somewhere, but what is the difference between Pivot and Pivot LE?

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dirk » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:33 am

Colours

Return to “Kitesurfing”