Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Foreigners going to Brasil please read

Forum for kitesurfers
Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Foreigners going to Brasil please read

Postby Havre » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:42 am

It makes me sad that people are not getting to experience Brazil because we now for some sort of emotional reason believe it is the "moral" thing to do. Even more sad when we are talking about someone that haven't got unlimited number of opportunities in the future to go to Brazil.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:17 am

Havre wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:42 am
It makes me sad that people are not getting to experience Brazil because we now for some sort of emotional reason...
That confirmed case of the corona 19 bug, that nearly Killed me ; only
emotion i had was when it was over, and i was "Happy" that i was gonna
get to fly my PG , Hang glider,and go kiteboarding again ,
(instead of being Dead) !!

Bille

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:23 am

Bille wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:17 am
Havre wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:42 am
It makes me sad that people are not getting to experience Brazil because we now for some sort of emotional reason...
That confirmed case of the corona 19 bug, that nearly Killed me ; only
emotion i had was when it was over, and i was "Happy" that i was gonna
get to fly my PG , Hang glider,and go kiteboarding again ,
(instead of being Dead) !!

Bille
You conveniently quoted just part of my post to fit your even more emotional narrative.

People get sick. People die. Seems like some just realised that in the winter of 2020. Strangely enough people will get sick and people will die even when Covid-19 is forgotten.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:34 pm

Havre wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:23 am

You conveniently quoted just part of my post to fit your even more emotional narrative.

People get sick. People die. Seems like some just realised that in the winter of 2020. Strangely enough people will get sick and people will die even when Covid-19 is forgotten.
Read into it , what ever you Like ; i simply stated , "Exactly"
what emotional experience i had with this Lil bug ,
(Nothing more , and nothing less)

I got a Cod Beer, that says : corona is gonna kill near 1/4 of a million
people in the USA ; before the end of this year.

Bille

Havre
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Havre » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:55 pm

Bille wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:34 pm
Havre wrote:

Bille
Obviously that is false. 250k will die with Covid-19.

Read into it whatever you like. I simply stated that your post is purely emotional stuff irrelevant for anything that has to do with Covid-19.

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:30 pm

Bille wrote:
Havre wrote:

Bille
Great to hear you made it through and I hope your lungs make some kind of recovery. As you have said the mortality is only part of the story with COVID19, it can cause extensive damage to the body and ontop of that there are the unknown long term consequences. There is no way i want to get this and I have already made the decision that if my employer asks me to do things that I consider high risk I will quit my job. Health is much more important than money.
These users thanked the author UKSurf for the post:
Bille (Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:35 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:05 pm

Bille wrote:
Havre wrote:

Bille
I too am glad you're still with us! Your story is Awesome with adversity you have overcome to continue to keep kite boarding. And I hope you're with us for years to come.

And I would kind of side with your statement that a quarter of a million people are going to have their deaths attributed it to covid-19. But that's not how many people are going to die solely of it. That number is likely to be orders of magnitude smaller. And it will be reflected in the relatively small increase of average deaths in the U.S.
These users thanked the author Matteo V for the post:
Bille (Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:36 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:15 pm

When do you pull your head out of your...?!? It’s not all about the death rates (seems like some people here are trying to fix the numbers for better), it’s the possibility of other long term symptoms as well! No ordinary flu will f*** up your brains, lungs etc. the way covid19 does, happens to younger ones as well, and that’s a fact.

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:37 pm

omg wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:15 pm
When do you pull your head out of your...?!? It’s not all about the death rates (seems like some people here are trying to fix the numbers for better), it’s the possibility of other long term symptoms as well! No ordinary flu will f*** up your brains, lungs etc. the way covid19 does, happens to younger ones as well, and that’s a fact.
How often does this happen after becoming infected, asymptomatic or otherwise, with Covid19?

And are you saying that Covid19 is the only virus that has after effects? Because every single viral infection will do some damage to the body and it's cells. This is especially prevalent when other health factors are in play, again with every single infection that a human being will come across. I mean the flu actually kills people! And it can't do that without doing damage to the body and its cells. To pretend that covid-19 is unique in this, is absolutely a distortion of the reality.

Havre
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Havre » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:44 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:37 pm
omg wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:15 pm
How often does this happen after becoming infected, asymptomatic or otherwise, with Covid19?

And are you saying that Covid19 is the only virus that has after effects?
First they told us we had to "flatten the curve" so that we would have capacity to take care of those that got sick. I had no issues with that. Then when we did flatten the curve and hardly a single hospital anywhere is struggling with capacity they told us we had to restrict our lives in case we got a "second wave". Now hardly anyone outside of the media seriously believe in a "second wave" (obviously no-one can guarantee there won't be one - and what is guaranteed is that more people will die when winter sets in regardless of Covid-19). So what is the next line of "reasoning" to keep restrictions and fear alive? "Side-effects". I can't wait to hear what the next one will be. Solidarity with those that have already died? Pretty sure it will be something fairly absurd.

In March I had no issues with restrictions. I can understand being careful when you are dealing with something you don't know much about. Uncertainty was high. But what do you do when you get more knowledge and information about the real risks? One would think one would update ones views - seemingly not. Quite a few countries now got stricter measures than they did some months ago even if there are no increase in deaths or people in intensive care at hospitals anywhere. It's quite baffling.

Return to “Kitesurfing”