Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Duotone Dice 2021

Postby Toby » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:07 pm

Duotone News:

Dice 2021

dice 1.png

Designed for big air, powerful lift, extreme kite loops and with impressive freestyle performance, the all-new Dice is the perfect kite for the rider who wants to go big!

The new Dice has been designed by Ralf Grösel with the influence of Aaron Hadlow and Lasse Walker. The goal was to make a kite that would compete at the very top level of the King Of The Air, offering huge jumps and powerful loops. At the same time, the team wanted it to perform for unhooked tricks too, making it a really versatile performer. This year the weight of the kite has been reduced to improve the flying characteristics, and the bridle has been tuned a lot with the pulley less design offering a very precise feel. These design changes for 2021 combine modern materials with an absolutely solid frame construction. This helps the kite to react very precise and responsive, yet being super stable in gusty or high wind conditions. Aaron and Lasse really wanted to maximise the jumping capabilities, and the fast turning nature makes it incredibly reactive and gives it an explosive launch off the water. By tuning the bridle and wingtips, the turning speed was increased while ensuring the loops are full power with plenty of sideways pull in the air. For freestyle the Dice delivers a good amount of slack just after you pop, this allows you to throw the latest tricks with ease. The fast nature of the handling also lends the Dice well to wave riding, and the reduced weight improves the drifting capabilities. If you want a really high-performance all-round kite, then the Dice is the choice for you. No matter what the conditions it is ready to go and when the conditions get wild, then the Dice will be there ready to help you fly!

dice 2.png

KEY FEATURES:

EXTREMELY POWERFUL LIFT AND MASSIVE JUMPING ABILITIES
MOST IMPORTANT FOR FREESTYLE MANOUVERS, BOOSTING, OLD-SCHOOL STYLE AND OVERALL PERFORMANCE.

INCREDIBLY PRECISE STEERING
CRUCIAL FOR EXACT MANOUVERS AND TOTAL CONTROL AT ANY TIME.

PERFECT FOR KITE LOOPS AND UNHOOKED POP
DUE TO THE 3 DIFFERENT PIGTAILS POSITIONS THE KITE IS PERFECT FOR BOTH BIG AIRS, LOOPING AND UNHOOKED PERFORMANCE.

OPTIMIZED CONSTRUCTION FOR REDUCED WEIGHT
EVERY SINGLE DETAIL HAS BEEN CHECKED AND WEIGHT WAS OPTIMISED TO REDUCE THE OVERALL WEIGHT.

PULLEY LESS BRIDLE SYSTEM
THE BRIDLE SYSTEM DOESN'T NEED ANY PULLEYS, TO MAKE THE STEERING EVEN MORE SMOOTH AND DIRECT.

SEVERAL TIP TUNING OPTIONS
FROM FREESTYLE AND BIG AIR TO EVEN WAVE RIDING, THE DICE CAN BE TUNED IN ALL DIRECTIONS.

https://www.duotonesports.com/kiteboarding/kites/dice/

nemoz
Medium Poster

Re: Duotone Dice 2021

Postby nemoz » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:26 pm

I'm confused ... at minute 3:50 they talk about the new material that basically eliminate flutter, but they are using microbattens to eliminate flutter... ah yes sure that's marketing sorry, I'm still using my brain sometimes....

fzonatto
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: none
Favorite Beaches: Guriu
Style: freeride
Gear: north rebel
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby fzonatto » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:43 pm

Wayyyyy overpriced the brands are pushing me out of the sport unfortunately I cannot afford to kite anymore... special thanks to the brands who are destroying the sport per cash

Exal
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 85
Local Beach: Still looking
Favorite Beaches: WA & Cape Town
Style: Wave & Oldschool
Gear: all the gear and no idea

Postby Exal » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:07 pm

fzonatto wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:43 pm
Wayyyyy overpriced the brands are pushing me out of the sport unfortunately I cannot afford to kite anymore... special thanks to the brands who are destroying the sport per cash
Try rollerblading :thumb:

madworld
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Never never land
Style: Cruising
Gear: Rich peoples throw aways.

Postby madworld » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:23 pm

The Colors are ugly.

madworld
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Never never land
Style: Cruising
Gear: Rich peoples throw aways.

Postby madworld » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:23 pm

Exal wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:07 pm
fzonatto wrote:
You can buy nearly new kites for half price, look around.

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:43 pm

madworld wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:23 pm
The Colors are ugly.
Ha Ha. Thats exactly what I thought. I'll bet by the end of the season that I'll be loving one of those colours though. Happened so many times in the past (also the reverse - I used to love the Naish tribal designs but the fluoro colour schemes have really dated now when you see them)

Exal
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 85
Local Beach: Still looking
Favorite Beaches: WA & Cape Town
Style: Wave & Oldschool
Gear: all the gear and no idea

Postby Exal » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:54 pm

nothing2seehere wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:43 pm
madworld wrote:
The Colors are ugly.
Ha Ha. Thats exactly what I thought. I'll bet by the end of the season that I'll be loving one of those colours though. Happened so many times in the past (also the reverse - I used to love the Naish tribal designs but the fluoro colour schemes have really dated now when you see them)
Same for me, hated 2019 colors and then loved them, hated 2020 colors and kinda like some of them. The black dice looks alright but I prefer how the 2018 black design was compared to this. Dice is also a big seller for girls and the purple one will probably sell pretty good I reckon.

Kiter_from_Germany
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Weight: 110
Local Beach: Northern Sea, Netherlands
Style: intermediate Twin, Beginner Foil
Gear: Tubes: North Reach 8, 10, 12, 15m
Gear: Anton MTrain, china foil and others
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby Kiter_from_Germany » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:14 am

madworld wrote:
Exal wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:07 pm
fzonatto wrote:
You can buy nearly new kites for half price, look around.
You can buy NEW kites for half the price also - > ventum

dracop
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Naska Beach - Kanaha - Maui, HI USA
Waipuliani Park - Kihei - Maui, HI USA
South Point - Hawaii, HI USA
A-Bay - Hawaii, HI USA
Favorite Beaches: _
Kanaha - Maui, HI
Kihei - Maui, HI
South Point - Hawaii Island
Kite Beach - Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Tableview - Cape Town, South Africa
Style: Big Air :D
Gear: 2022 Dice 10m/12m SLS, 2022 Rebel SLS 12m, 2022 15m Aluula Juice
2017 Core Choice 2 142, 2020 Duotone Jaime Textreme, 2014 Best Breeze 145,
Brand Affiliation: The Maui Kitesurf Company
www.mauikitesurf.com

Postby dracop » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:03 am

All the old Naish kites always remind me of the tattered sails of the ship from Pirates of the Caribbean (the Black Pearl). Pre-Quadtex, They always look old and faded and bagged out. So many of them floating around, especially on Maui. (Note: I used to ride Torches)

Return to “Kitesurfing”