Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Any epic screamer 5g 10 mtr Ltd fans?

Forum for kitesurfers
or6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 81
Local Beach: Wijk aan zee, Zandmotor, Hoek and in between
Favorite Beaches: Muriwai NZ, El Medano Tenerife, la Ventana México, Hood River, Portland area, Vancouver Island, Wijk aan Zee, Moulay Bouzerktoun
Style: Waveriding
Gear: RRD Religion 4 meter, 5 and 7 meter Kauper XT Maverick, 9 meter Core GTS6, Ben Wilson Vibe 9, Peter Lynn Phantom v2 9, Appletree Klokhouse Noseless 5'3", Wanted Pure 6'0", Shinn Bronq Heritage, Gong Foil
Brand Affiliation: None

Any epic screamer 5g 10 mtr Ltd fans?

Postby or6 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:02 pm

I'd like to get myself a big air kite, next to my set of wavekites....midlife crisis, I guess.

Looking at a epic screamer 5g Ltd...looks like a nice kite, Dimitri makes it look good....but that doesn't say much.

You don't see epic kites around here much...any opinions?

Any affordable alternatives?

Curious to hear your opinions, regards, or6

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Re: Any epic screamer 5g 10 mtr Ltd fans?

Postby Dave_5280 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:12 pm

Comparison article:
https://kitesurfingmag.com/2020-big-air-kites-tested/

Nice summary - go down to Big Air Kites:
https://kiteboarding.com/

jhonson
Medium Poster

Postby jhonson » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:24 pm

Some underrated kites that are cheaper and the same quality CF HYPER and TEN VELOX.

knyfe
Very Frequent Poster

Postby knyfe » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:33 pm

Used Edges. They work well for a long time and many generations and hold up well. My cheap boosting kite. They are like cheating. G

Never tried the screamers though so can’t compare.

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:34 pm

The owner of Epic, Dimitri M., used to be active here so you probably could find his old posts about the Screamer with a search. I talked to a guy using them once and he was happy with them. One day the wind was really strong and he would jump and start to come down and then go back up. It was an earlier model back when the center strut extended about a foot past the trailing edge - I had never seen that before.

Dimitri used to offer to send a kite to you to try it before you bought it so you might call the company and ask them if they would do that. Or contact him here: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1009

If you are trying to get the best jumping kite you might want to look around more. Consider the kites used by top placing riders at the Red Bull King of the Air - I don’t think the Screamer has placed in that competition but maybe nobody used it or was a sponsored rider. Also most reviews don’t mention the Screamer but maybe those are driven by other factors like advertising and I think Epic May only sell direct. There are some used ones on ikite.com - there’s one for $200 for a 9m 3G - http://c.ikitesurf.com/classifieds/52215

FLandOBX
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 81 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
Style: Freeride, Airstyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cab. Apollos, Cab. Contra One-Struts, FS Speed 4, FS Souls, Axis Ltd 132, RRD Poison 135, SS Ankle Biter, Moses 633, 679 & 590, SS Dwarfcraft 100cm, LF Galaxy 4'2"

Postby FLandOBX » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:51 am

I haven't flown the 5G, but I've used earlier editions of the Screamer. They are great kites. You won't find a more customer focused business owner than Dimitri. If you buy his kites, he will take care of you forever. :thumb:

or6
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Muriwai NZ, El Medano Tenerife, la Ventana México, Hood River, Portland area, Vancouver Island, Wijk aan Zee, Moulay Bouzerktoun
Gear: RRD Religion 4 meter, 5 and 7 meter Kauper XT Maverick, 9 meter Core GTS6, Ben Wilson Vibe 9, Peter Lynn Phantom v2 9, Appletree Klokhouse Noseless 5'3", Wanted Pure 6'0", Shinn Bronq Heritage, Gong Foil

Postby or6 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:54 am

Thx guys! I'll have a look at the Crazyfly, never thought of that brand, though we see it more and more here in The Netherlands. The Edge and the Velox are in my sight...but tehy are hard to get for a good price...and I have my eyes on a secondhand screamer. I just wanted to make sure I'm not buying something really outdated.

The summary on kiteboarding.com gave some nice tips; never thought of the Raptor either...we áre starting to see a comeback of Slingshot here...who knows?

So, I'm bidding on a 2n hand Screamer now. I'll be excited to try an Epic kite...Dimitri has always struck me as a cool owner/kiteboarder! If I get it, and actually like Big Air...who knows what's next :=)!

Regrds, Or6

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:07 am

Hello guys and thank you for your interest in the SCREAMER model. Sorry for not being so active on the KiteFourm like I use to, but since then EPICKITES has grown and I've been so busy taking care of customers and working on the new kites.
So "or6" if you are looking to go big you have few kites in the market that will do that. The only problem is that few of these kites might go big but they are slow turning for the big sizes and too fast for the small sizes, they might have amazing pop but the hang time is not there, no direct feel on the bar so sometimes you don't know where the kite is, the quality is not there and most of them don't have the customer service to back it up.
If you get a chance to get a SCREAMER 5G at a good price then go a head because you will love it. The 6G SCREAMERS are even better but you will be very impressed with the 5G. You can also get in touch with me directly via email at: dimitri@epickites.com so I can see with the office if we have any new 5G SCREAMER left so you can have it at a discounted price.

Also would like to thank all of you for the epic support. Thank you guys. :thumb:

or6
Very Frequent Poster

Postby or6 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:15 am

Thx Dimitri. Appreciate the direct contact.

Return to “Kitesurfing”