Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What a piece of shit town

Forum for kitesurfers
Anthonyshopguy
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Grandmesa CO
Favorite Beaches: Ivanpah CA, Metro Park MI, 6 Mile on lake Mohave NV. Daulpin island Al
Style: Snow kiting, buggy, water
Gear: 21m Flysurfer Soul, 17m LEI Cabrinha Contra, 13m Waroo LEI, 11 m foil Frenzy Ozone, 11m Lei Escape PL, 9m Lei Nemesis Best, 7m Lei Waroo, 6m foil apex HQ, 174 SB for the Pow, 169 split SB for the outback, Cabrinha 154 twin tip for the lake, 600 switchback Polaris to get me there, and why not add in a nice new big foot buggy for that once a year buggy blast at Ivanpah.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What a piece of shit town

Postby Anthonyshopguy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:08 pm

atomic-chomik wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:28 pm
you would think a guy with a 36ft motorhome could afford $50bucks a day
32ft and I would have payed even as much as 50$ (not happily) if it had been a choice it was not. Basically there was no available parking at all for oversized veh except in the permit lot which turned out to be for permit holders (locals) only on the weekend. Oh and I'm a millionaire because I bought a used RV 7 years ago for a very reasonable price. Those Sprinter vans of which I saw at least 20 start at 50,000 stripped and easily go over a 100,000$ :bye:

Anthonyshopguy
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Ivanpah CA, Metro Park MI, 6 Mile on lake Mohave NV. Daulpin island Al
Gear: 21m Flysurfer Soul, 17m LEI Cabrinha Contra, 13m Waroo LEI, 11 m foil Frenzy Ozone, 11m Lei Escape PL, 9m Lei Nemesis Best, 7m Lei Waroo, 6m foil apex HQ, 174 SB for the Pow, 169 split SB for the outback, Cabrinha 154 twin tip for the lake, 600 switchback Polaris to get me there, and why not add in a nice new big foot buggy for that once a year buggy blast at Ivanpah.

Postby Anthonyshopguy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:26 pm

fernmanus wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:38 pm
Well there lyeth the basis of our disagreement.. I do indeed dwell within a bubble of my own perfection, quite happy in it, happy that is until some 32foot behemoth hoves into view either blocking the highway, or reducing the availability of space for others, whilst consuming God knows how many gallons per hour to have gotten there.
😂😂😂 At least you have a good sense of humor!
I also have to laugh. Yes I know I use a lot of fuel and I do everything in my power to keep it down, drive slow no rabbit take offs keep it well tunedl. So instead of dragging an f350 behind me I carry a 125cc Scooter which gets 65mpg, which is all I use for as long as I stay in an area. So does your daily driving use more or less gas then me? One day 400 miles/7(the I know horrible) 57.1 gallons 2 weeks on scooter 2 gallons, maybe, so in all. 60 gallons for two weeks. What do you use in two weeks 30,40 gallons?? :bye:

Anthonyshopguy
Medium Poster

Postby Anthonyshopguy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:46 pm

jakemoore wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:51 pm
Anthonyshopguy wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:13 pm
where my rig was over the line by about 2 feet .... :argue: :cry: :angryfire:
So how much was the parking ticket? Maybe you could post a sad story on gofundme and the nice people on the internet will help you pay it.
No it is not about the ticket which was quite reasonable. It was about the fact that I had thought that I had done everything In my power to park in as reasonable a spot as was available. At this spot I was almost at the furthest spot from the beach in the whole area. And I repeat I paid, read the legaleze, and blocked no other parking spaces going well out of my way to do so. I try hard not to get people upset with my RV just as I try hard to fly safe and not get people pissed at kiters. Come to Colorado and fly in our great state parks, oops you got Arrested?? Guess you didn't know kiting is banned in Co parks. jerk kiters did that for us. Hey I like to believe I go way out of my way to not create waves and be as friendly as possible.😊 That's for you to judge. Oh and do come to Colorado your welcome to camp on my property. And snow Kiting is decent.

oregonkiter
Frequent Poster
Style: foil
Gear: Foil stuff

Postby oregonkiter » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:02 pm

<<Hey I like to believe I go way out of my way to not create waves and be as friendly as possible.>>

<<What a piece of shit town>>

Anthonyshopguy
Medium Poster

Postby Anthonyshopguy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:14 pm

slowboat wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:10 am
Pretty immature rant. With teachers like that, it is no wonder our education system is falling behind.
Yes maybe on the immature side, I agree😕 But when you lump Apple's and leaves together and call them Apple's I get upset. My official starting time as a teacher was 7:15 while I was rarely late I was not early often. I was allowed to let the door hit me in the rear at 3:15 lol I was not typically out of there by 5 or even later. And that doesn't even include the many hours at home grading. Several of my students went on to engineering school and credit me with initiating their enthusiasm in the field. Many more went on to be trades men/women and got their basic skills from me. I'm proud to have been a teacher and i know I made a difference then and now. Presently I volunteer with CDA (Colorado Discover Ability) a group that takes folks with disabilities into the outdoors, our clients range from kids to seniors. From vets to firefighters. I also volunteer for TRR a veteran organization that takes vets and teaches them WW skills. Golly I sure hope I know what I'm doing :nono: Oh and forgive me my typos I taught Industrial arts and Technology Education not English. We all have our strengths and weeknesses sic😂
These users thanked the author Anthonyshopguy for the post:
ieism (Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:54 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Anthonyshopguy
Medium Poster

Postby Anthonyshopguy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:34 pm

Exal wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:50 am
Just curious, can you park further away with an rv and then get an uber/taxi/bus/tram or something to get to the spot?
I ended up parking in the marina parking area. Free about 1000' up stream (east) from the main area. Separated from the main area by a small body of water. It's about a 2 mile drive back to the main area. But only 1000' as the bird flies. I chose to launch there even though it was marked off limits for kiting. Best of two evils😯.
And thanks for the question, my two main purposes for this was to warn others with oversized veh and to let people who encourage visitors know how some people are treated. :thumb:

Anthonyshopguy
Medium Poster

Postby Anthonyshopguy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:40 pm

ieism wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:36 pm
I went kiting in Switzerland and Austria this summer and had to pay $20 or more a day just to use the launch area and lake. :o

Not complaining, the spots were were pretty good and not that crowded, but if youre not used to it your first reaction is shock (or anger depending on your character].
I had a chance to kite northern Germany and did pay for my parking gladly had a great day. Though no RV can't imagine trying to travel Europe in one. :D

Anthonyshopguy
Medium Poster

Postby Anthonyshopguy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:42 pm

Dave_5280 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:38 pm
I don’t mind financial support for things I enjoy - like libraries and overdue book fines. Ski resorts here get up to $35 a day for parking in a covered garage and they get full, then police open street parking. I would pay extra to support better launch sites, showers, bathrooms for kiting.

If I really just wanted to save money, I would quit kitesurfing.
Well summed up couldn't agree more. :thumb:

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Hood River; La Ventana; Ocean Park, PR; SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 kitefoil or 2200/1700/1400 wingfoil wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, Naish MicroChip 80cm, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20” Guardian bar, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast

Postby grigorib » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:43 pm

Dude,
Town wants less out-of-towners for COVID reason, especially over the weekends. Half US bought/rented RVs to drive around country while working remotely or getting extra $2400 a month for unemployment. I know it’s kind of tempting to be out yet the town wanted people to stay out of their town.

They’re cool and you’re overly entitled. There are many places which don’t believe in the virus and they welcome tourists and partygoers. You always have choice, especially owning a 30-footer RV. Come next year when this shit is over and have great time on water.
P.S. parking for 30’ will be still expensive next year, maybe even more expensive than today.

Anthonyshopguy
Medium Poster

Postby Anthonyshopguy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:55 pm

tkaraszewski wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:46 pm
Yes, saw it, read it the day before. Came prepared to pay the price only to be informed that (only) annual ticket holders can use it on the weekends (not on sign) and it would be 300$ for an annual? Sign states 200$??? Parking attendant stated 300$ and while he was not very helpfull at least he was :thumb: not rude.
I had arrived early 8:15 to secure a spot.

Return to “Kitesurfing”