Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha X2 wing

Forum for wing surfers
Rickshawjimmy
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 80kg
Local Beach: Tarifa, spain / Camber, UK
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa, Cumbuco, Cape Town, Rhosneigr!
Style: freestyle
Gear: Mixture of different gear
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Cabrinha X2 wing

Postby Rickshawjimmy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:27 pm

Thoughts on the new X2 wing from Cabrinha? Interesting double strut/cambered sail design. Apparantly it's lead to it having amazing low end power. Has anyone tried one yet?
These users thanked the author Rickshawjimmy for the post:
Vinda (Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:53 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Cab Driver
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Re: Cabrinha X2 wing

Postby Cab Driver » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:16 pm

Rickshawjimmy wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:27 pm
Thoughts on the new X2 wing from Cabrinha? Interesting double strut/cambered sail design. Apparantly it's lead to it having amazing low end power. Has anyone tried one yet?
Hey Rickshawjimmy, thanks for your interest in the Crosswing X2. The best thing you can do is try one of these to see for yourself. Yes, I work for Cabrinha, but all our feedback has been about how locked in the draft is and amount of low end power this generates all due to the exclusive stacked double boom tech we are using. The great thing is that together with our extra long handles, you can get the stiffness of an actual boom but it all packs up into a tiny bag and without all the weight.

Go get on one and come back with your comments! I'm sure there are other consumers that can share their experiences as well.

fluidity
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Weight: 115kg
Local Beach: Ngati Toa, Plimmerton, Titahi Bay, Waikanae, Petone, Seatoun, Lyall Bay, Eastbourne, Lake Wairarapa
Favorite Beaches: Plimmerton
Style: Wave, jump
Gear: Transitioned from Kiting to Wingsurfing late 2019. Building my own foils from my CAD designs and 3D prints, CNC machine.
Brand Affiliation: Designer of hydrofoils and many other things.

Postby fluidity » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:03 am

Cab Driver wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:16 pm
<cut> Yes, I work for Cabrinha, but all our feedback has been about how locked in the draft is and amount of low end power this generates all due to the exclusive stacked double boom tech we are using. The great thing is that together with our extra long handles, you can get the stiffness of an actual boom but it all packs up into a tiny bag and without all the weight. <cut>
Double short boom looks interesting but it seems to me that pumping will be disadvantaged by the gap between upper and lower booms. I'm curious too, but more from non team riders perceptions :D

Cab Driver
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby Cab Driver » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:07 pm

fluidity wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:03 am
Cab Driver wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:16 pm
<cut> Yes, I work for Cabrinha, but all our feedback has been about how locked in the draft is and amount of low end power this generates all due to the exclusive stacked double boom tech we are using. The great thing is that together with our extra long handles, you can get the stiffness of an actual boom but it all packs up into a tiny bag and without all the weight. <cut>
Double short boom looks interesting but it seems to me that pumping will be disadvantaged by the gap between upper and lower booms. I'm curious too, but more from non team riders perceptions :D
There is an infill panel between the booms/struts making them 100% connected inline with the force direction. It's extremely stiff. Please try it and leave your feedback. Thanks!

fluidity
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Weight: 115kg
Local Beach: Ngati Toa, Plimmerton, Titahi Bay, Waikanae, Petone, Seatoun, Lyall Bay, Eastbourne, Lake Wairarapa
Favorite Beaches: Plimmerton
Style: Wave, jump
Gear: Transitioned from Kiting to Wingsurfing late 2019. Building my own foils from my CAD designs and 3D prints, CNC machine.
Brand Affiliation: Designer of hydrofoils and many other things.

Postby fluidity » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:51 am

Thanks. I'll keep it in mind.
If it's stiff when needed, but folds when packing? then great. I'm picturing some lumps in the packed up bag but meh... if it still packs small, opens big and has great perfomance then :D
Kind of reminds me of something else :lol:

Horst Sergio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: -
Brand Affiliation: kitejunkie.com

Account abandoned

Postby Horst Sergio » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:38 am

Just had it in hand on the beach in no wind in 6 m² compared with my 6 m² Echo.

I like the idea of the elongated and pretty stiff handles a lot. The sticks in the handles them self are very stiff, just the conections to the strut could be further improved. I think even then there will still stay quite a step in stiffness inbetween a boom as the Echo uses. On the other hand I would expect this X2 handles construction could be the best overall compromise (also looking at weight, surf, packing).
So hope also some other manufactures will go this way and will improve it further. Actually don't think to change to X2 wing as don't know anything else about its qualities but lets see where developments go to.

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:52 am

Anyone ride it yet?

norcom
Very Frequent Poster
Style: waves
Gear: Too much to list these days. Currently mostly a v3 Cabo's and Spleene Zone fan

Postby norcom » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:35 pm

Dave_5280 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:52 am
Anyone ride it yet?
Yes, I have the 5m. But since I have no experience with any other wing I can't comment on pros/cons with it. The handles make it a pain to put in the bag. The double strut feels pretty solid at 11PSI, never through it was flexy but the handle connection to the strut could be stiffer. Kind of wish it had some windows as I'm used to windsurfing and looking through the sail to at least see SOMETHING. At 185lbs I need about 14mph to start EASILY with M280/GL240 GoFoil wings and 100L board. I've probably done it with 10-12mph when I'm starting down wind and going with the direction of the wave but riding that low doesn't have much power to keep me moving.
These users thanked the author norcom for the post:
Dave_5280 (Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:34 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:31 pm

Not a fan of booms in the first place, but had a quick go on the beach and first thing I notice is the mini booms are stiff but their connection to the strut is soft so the result is wobbling back and forth of the wing.

Return to “Wingsurfing”