Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Superfoil Fortaleza - Day 1

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Superfoil Fortaleza - Day 1

Postby nothing2seehere » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:47 pm

Toby wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:03 am
Most kiters ride hooked twintip.

Why not attract the biggest group but instead go to niches?
Doesn’t make sense, never did.

Nothing should be excluded, but ALL should be included, specifically the main group.
Presumably the competition can run in less wind by going for hydrofoils? I'm guessing that the right wind for a GOOD airstyle competition is 18-22 knots. I'd guess that you could run this one in 14-18knots?

I like the idea of a no limits freestyle event though. Throughout a tour you'd really sort out the rounded riders who can ride in 20+ knots on a twin tip and in another event on a foil with 15knots and still perform well in front of the judges.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Superfoil Fortaleza - Day 1

Postby Toby » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:09 pm

nothing2seehere wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:47 pm
Toby wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:03 am
Most kiters ride hooked twintip.

Why not attract the biggest group but instead go to niches?
Doesn’t make sense, never did.

Nothing should be excluded, but ALL should be included, specifically the main group.
Presumably the competition can run in less wind by going for hydrofoils? I'm guessing that the right wind for a GOOD airstyle competition is 18-22 knots. I'd guess that you could run this one in 14-18knots?

I like the idea of a no limits freestyle event though. Throughout a tour you'd really sort out the rounded riders who can ride in 20+ knots on a twin tip and in another event on a foil with 15knots and still perform well in front of the judges.

yes, that sounds good. Hooked though. Bring your Foil or TT and show what you got in 14+ winds. Love it. SHOW !

Return to “Hydrofoil”