Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Clickbar red safety line end cap removal

Forum for kitesurfers
Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Clickbar red safety line end cap removal

Postby Foil » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:02 pm

Kitemenn wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:32 am

I think the brilliance of your hack is that the small section where the wear takes place can be replaced frequently and that the longer piece can stay in place (where there is way less wear).

Anyway I still got the Duotone lower front lines and will keep an eye on the wear, but might be using your hack to either shorten the red line (cut out the section of the wear) and then making these replacement lines as you mentioned. :thumb:
arr no,one problem with re-using the thick red line, splicing it and adding a new lower section of sk99 spliced end to marry up with the red splice,it all
sounds good, however-
the red line is just too thick, so when you join the new section to it the bump created joining the new splice loops certainly wont pass through the long Pu power line tube, it will jam at the top then the constriction caused by the bar throw stop gizmo on the pu tube, and maybe through the bottom exit hole.
that red line is one long bit of fat problems,
bin it :thumb:

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Maasvlakte / Slufter
Gear: North Evo 11-7m / Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Kitemenn » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:38 am

Makes sense...will deal with it when I face it...my bar is still brand new!

evan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Brouwersdam
Style: Hydrofoil - Big Air
Gear: Infexion bars
Brand Affiliation: Infexion

Postby evan » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:30 pm

Kitemenn wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:32 pm
Haters gonna hate. The Click bar itself is great, only downside are the lines (even in the 2021 model in my view) and the wear on the red front line! Foil just fixed this! I think it's awesome and Duotone should adapt this or Evan from Infexion should take it up in the assortment!
Finally got time to research this option an add it to our assortment!

These users thanked the author evan for the post (total 2):
purdyd (Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:54 pm) • Kitemenn (Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:40 am)
Rating: 6.06%

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Postby purdyd » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:53 pm

evan wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:30 pm
Kitemenn wrote:
Haters gonna hate. The Click bar itself is great, only downside are the lines (even in the 2021 model in my view) and the wear on the red front line! Foil just fixed this! I think it's awesome and Duotone should adapt this or Evan from Infexion should take it up in the assortment!

That is awesome! Thanks for doing that. What lines would you recommend for foiling?

Edit

Looks like you buy front upper lines, front lower lines, rear lines, and replaceable red line to make a set. Four items in total

Option for 300 or 500 daN lines

Could I get 200 daN rear lines?

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemenn » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:43 am

evan wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:30 pm
Kitemenn wrote:

That's awesome Evan, I was confinced you were the guy to take this up in your assortment! Are the tweaks to the PU line still required as mentioned above, or can you just replace your lines with this new set up of yours?

evan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby evan » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:59 am

purdyd wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:53 pm

That is awesome! Thanks for doing that. What lines would you recommend for foiling?

Edit

Looks like you buy front upper lines, front lower lines, rear lines, and replaceable red line to make a set. Four items in total

Option for 300 or 500 daN lines

Could I get 200 daN rear lines?
300 Front and back with 500 lower power lines will be good enough. Biggest problem with thin lines is the wear at the crossing of the steering lines.

Hard to find a good line thinner than sk99 300 1.1mm as it has the same thickness as sk75 200 and going thinner makes it a very delicate line in terms of breaking strength in sk75.
Only other option is sk99 8 braid (there are no thin sk99 yarns to weave 12 braid) like liros dc pro 161. But 8 braid is very weak at splices, that liros line fails at 130DaN spliced while a similar sk75 line is much thinner.

So I am still searching for a good thin back line for foiling / racing
Kitemenn wrote:
That's awesome Evan, I was confinced you were the guy to take this up in your assortment! Are the tweaks to the PU line still required as mentioned above, or can you just replace your lines with this new set up of yours?
what tweaks?

Tested it on a stock click bar, only can't do the durability tests myself. But it should at least last longer than the original.
These users thanked the author evan for the post:
purdyd (Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:38 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemenn » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:22 pm

evan wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:59 am
Kitemenn wrote:
what tweaks?

Tested it on a stock click bar, only can't do the durability tests myself. But it should at least last longer than the original.
In the original hack of the powerlines (thanks Foil) he sanded down the hole where the line enters the PU as otherwise the connections would not pass through the PU. Your fix does pass the PU tube in case you need to pull your safety?

See below the image from Foil

evan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby evan » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:04 pm

Kitemenn wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:22 pm
In the original hack of the powerlines (thanks Foil) he sanded down the hole where the line enters the PU as otherwise the connections would not pass through the PU. Your fix does pass the PU tube in case you need to pull your safety?
No modifications needed, a loop-loop connection in sk99 500 line pulled tight will slide effortlessy through the depower cord in the tests I did.
These users thanked the author evan for the post:
purdyd (Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:10 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemenn » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:42 pm

evan wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:04 pm
Kitemenn wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:22 pm
No modifications needed, a loop-loop connection in sk99 500 line pulled tight will slide effortlessy through the depower cord in the tests I did.
Great Evan sounds just perfect! Once my lower powerlines need replacing I know where to find you :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”