Mystic Majestic 2020 Harness
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Duotone 2021

Postby andikite » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:51 pm

mi68guel wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:27 pm
lente wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:15 pm
I bought the new Dice 2021 in 10 and 13m grey pink. Looks way better than in photos.

Overall little change as mentioned here. The only thing i could tell was different line materials and no 5th line.
The kite flies a bit more soft compared to 2020. Overall great hang time, as before.

Hi
I would like to know the weight of the 10m one, I wanna compare it to the 2020 one. Mine weighs 3100kg and it´s 2020

Thanks
Here my 9 meters comparation. 2020 yellow against 2021 dark Grey. 183 grams of reduction taking into account that Dice 2021 doesn't use Penta TX yet.
Attachments
IMG-20201104-WA0048.jpg
IMG-20201104-WA0047.jpg

aitorlopezosua
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Weight: 100
Local Beach: Melbourne, Port Phillip Bay
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Point, Macapa, Aitutaki, Le Morne
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Duotone

Postby aitorlopezosua » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:08 am

Dutchman wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:32 pm
I just bought the new Clickbar and after using it 1 time, I am not completely convinced (yet). Feels like steering is way heavier than with a Trustbar, also got the feeling that these lines are still off from Infexion (or other SK99) lines. I didn’t dare to pull loops and also jumping got a different timing then I am used to.

Does anyone else has this experience as well? Or is it just because the bar is completely new and the rubber sleeve around the powerlines needs to ‘break’ into the hole?

Flying Dice actually, so loops should happen fast, which was the case with my previous trust bar.
I bought the new click bar and I am happy with the new lines but disappointed overall about quality:

1. It didn’t take long to see massive degradation on the safety line due to PVC cover. Waiting for a replacement lines that will not fix the issue. This already happened with previous models.

2. Center lines below V are or look the same as previous years and are getting deteriorated too fast, new lines are stronger and when they are crossed could be the reason of a fast deterioration.

3. Grip of the bar is breaking already and I know other to new click bars that suffer the same issue.

Now I don’t use the click bar anymore, scare of breaking the safety line and damage the kite too.

nixmatters
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Style: freeride. started foiling, not there yet
Gear: mostly custom made
Brand Affiliation: None currently

Postby nixmatters » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:05 am

aitorlopezosua wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:08 am

2. Center lines below V are or look the same as previous years and are getting deteriorated too fast, new lines are stronger and when they are crossed could be the reason of a fast deterioration.
Could you please post a photo of this part of the center lines?

And contact Evan for a reliable solution ;)

ScoopZ
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Scotland.
Style: Catching bumps/carving.
Gear: Ozone 2014 Cats - 10/12.
Airush 5'6" Cypher
Airush Sector 60.

Postby ScoopZ » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:13 am

The safety is loaded so you might as well swap it out for a SK99 line. Infact if I see a decent 2020 bar on sale id get that and buy ozone lines for it.

PoweredbyNorth
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: Wave, Foil
Gear: Neo 2021 SLS 5m, Neo 2023 DLAB 7 and 9
WAM Dlab 2022

Postby PoweredbyNorth » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:31 am

aitorlopezosua wrote:

I bought the new click bar and I am happy with the new lines but disappointed overall about quality:

1. It didn’t take long to see massive degradation on the safety line due to PVC cover. Waiting for a replacement lines that will not fix the issue. This already happened with previous models.

3. Grip of the bar is breaking already and I know other to new click bars that suffer the same issue.

Now I don’t use the click bar anymore, scare of breaking the safety line and damage the kite too.
Wondering how you do this and what you do with your material???

My experience is nothing like yours. I have the new small 2021 clickbar and used it now 25 times or so. No problems whatsoever. I found the 2021 model a big improvement compared to the previous models. The bar itself is more or less the same, but the lines are way way better. Thinner, less drag, less stretch, more direct. I can not compare them to the Infextion lines. I feel confident in putting heavy load on the lines (looping, strong winds, dragging, etc). They should be stronger according to the specs, and there is nothing that makes me doubt that.

I owned the 2017 clickbar and two 2019 clickbars. All of them I used for 2 years (so 4 years in total), for many, many sessions (multiple sessions per week, Neo and Dice). I never had any issue with them. Of course, you need to take care of your material. Rinse after every session and clean out the internals every now and then. Yes, the middle lines show some wear as a result of crossing, but it never led to any problem. Also the grip remains intact. No issues with the red safety line either. On one bar one of the binders broke, but that is it.

One thought: When rigging my kite I always make sure the lines are not crossed, also the part below the V. After a loop, I try to untwist as soon as possible, to avoid unnecessary scrubbing of the twisted lines. Maybe that is how you can lengthen the life of your material?
These users thanked the author PoweredbyNorth for the post (total 3):
nixmatters (Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:43 am) • Leon van Bergen (Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:25 pm) • cor (Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:29 pm)
Rating: 9.09%

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Gear: Duotone Rebel 7,9,11 SLS ‘23 | 14m Juice Dlab | Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Leon van Bergen » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:26 pm

What PoweredbyNorth says, same experience and same handling/care.

aitorlopezosua
Medium Poster

Postby aitorlopezosua » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:50 pm

nixmatters wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:05 am
aitorlopezosua wrote:

Could you please post a photo of this part of the center lines?

And contact Evan for a reliable solution ;)
FEB7F3CD-6C05-4FC3-B71D-C73314C05ABF.jpeg
5336F4BE-3772-455B-82FA-B89B704F8163.jpeg
78314263-DDE2-401F-8EC0-A4C0D9C19DDC.jpeg
2870C230-4F4C-4076-BAEE-CA1AA38161A2.jpeg
55CA0FC8-BB0B-4A2E-8C77-BE7EBD9A795F.jpeg
Picture after 10 sessions.

aitorlopezosua
Medium Poster

Postby aitorlopezosua » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:53 pm

PoweredbyNorth wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:31 am
aitorlopezosua wrote:

Wondering how you do this and what you do with your material???

My experience is nothing like yours. I have the new small 2021 clickbar and used it now 25 times or so. No problems whatsoever. I found the 2021 model a big improvement compared to the previous models. The bar itself is more or less the same, but the lines are way way better. Thinner, less drag, less stretch, more direct. I can not compare them to the Infextion lines. I feel confident in putting heavy load on the lines (looping, strong winds, dragging, etc). They should be stronger according to the specs, and there is nothing that makes me doubt that.

I owned the 2017 clickbar and two 2019 clickbars. All of them I used for 2 years (so 4 years in total), for many, many sessions (multiple sessions per week, Neo and Dice). I never had any issue with them. Of course, you need to take care of your material. Rinse after every session and clean out the internals every now and then. Yes, the middle lines show some wear as a result of crossing, but it never led to any problem. Also the grip remains intact. No issues with the red safety line either. On one bar one of the binders broke, but that is it.

One thought: When rigging my kite I always make sure the lines are not crossed, also the part below the V. After a loop, I try to untwist as soon as possible, to avoid unnecessary scrubbing of the twisted lines. Maybe that is how you can lengthen the life of your material?
I take care of my material: cleaning, rinsing and drying the safety line out of the PVC cover is how I spotted the failure instead of snapping the safety line. I still have my 2017 click bar with no issues so I KNOW HOW TO USE AND TAKE CARE OF IT.

Dutchman
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands
Gear: Orbit '23 8m, 9m, 10m

Postby Dutchman » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:58 pm

I have to say, after a few times using it now, I am going to like it way way way more. Lines seems really strong, there is no wear on my bar. I am cleaning it after each session. Also doing loops at a higher altitude then before with much more confidence.

Think my first impression was that I was not used to the rubber sleeve around the depower lines. Steering felt a bit heavier than I was used to, therefore the kite felt slower, but now I am used to, it for sure not slower than at my previous bar.

Will see what the bar looks like in a year but I have confidence.

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Postby purdyd » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:54 pm

I’ve had click bars for three years. I think I am pretty conversant in the good and the bad.

At this point I am NOT using duotone lines. I’ve replaced everything but the bar, the winding mechanism, and the quick release.

The red depower line is absolutely the highest wear item.

What I have found is that if you get sand on the line, which might happen if you release to single line snd reset the bar on the beach, the line will wear very quickly,

If you keep that line clean and the path through the Pu and quick release you will get a lot of use out of it. Let sand get in there snd don’t clean it out and you will not be happy.

Disappointing to see the grip on the new bar coming off. The grip on my click bar has held up as good or better than any other bar I’ve owned,

I just ordered a new line setup from infexion. https://www.infexion.eu/

That seems like a smart setup and shortens the front leader lines and replace them with smaller diameter dyneema and has a short replaceable section that goes through the pu

It looks like it will be a lower overall drag solution for foiling,

Return to “Kitesurfing”