Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Urgent question: is the hook removable on Mystic Stealth spreader bar, please?

Forum for kitesurfers
omg
Very Frequent Poster

Urgent question: is the hook removable on Mystic Stealth spreader bar, please?

Postby omg » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:50 pm

Black friday sales related question, please:

Is the Mystic Stealth spreader bar (hook version) the hook removable or not, please? In one youtube video it said yes, but on the comments it says no. :o My idea is to remove the hook and install the rope for wave riding and vice versa.

Oh and the one: if the Mystic spreader bar length is quoted 24cm (small) or 28cm (medium), is this measurement between the harness straps (where they attach to the strap holes or buckles of the spreader bar) and not just the metal bar length? I’d guess the former, but you never know.

Thanks a lot!

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Re: Urgent question: is the hook removable on Mystic Stealth spreader bar, please?

Postby Da Yoda » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:24 pm

You'll need to remove the hook and get this for changing it to the Wave/Rope set-up.
https://www.mysticboarding.com/products ... ts-#000000
You'll also need this since the bar above only comes with the small anchor rope loop.
https://www.mysticboarding.com/products ... pe-#000000

Regarding the sizing, it's generally based on the distance between the straps, not the bar section length.
Another thing to keep in mind is what size harness you have and what wetsuit thickness you're using. I use two sizes of spreader bars to accommodate for these aspects. :thumb:
These users thanked the author Da Yoda for the post:
omg (Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:39 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Eckhardt
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Ijmuiden, wijk aan zee
Style: Big air and rookie waverider
Gear: Ozone edge 11 and 8
Bandit S 9m

Re: Urgent question: is the hook removable on Mystic Stealth spreader bar, please?

Postby Eckhardt » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:05 pm

I used to have this spreaderbar in hookversion and was able to attach the rope to the hookversion. So had best of both worlds at the same time. I was afraid that they would interfer but worked like a charm.
These users thanked the author Eckhardt for the post:
omg (Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:34 am)

Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Foil foil.. and Old School!
Gear: Too many to list
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Windigo1 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:07 pm

Eckhardt wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:05 pm
I used to have this spreaderbar in hookversion and was able to attach the rope to the hookversion. So had best of both worlds at the same time. I was afraid that they would interfer but worked like a charm.
I have the rope version that i love for foiling (80% of the time) and when I ride a twintip I just slide the ring in the small rope loop and used it in a fixed position much better than having a hook in the way IMO.
These users thanked the author Windigo1 for the post:

mattaiken MYS NKB
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Toronto, ON. Canada
Style: Directional.Foil/Surf
Gear: North/Mystic
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding - Mystic Boarding

Postby mattaiken MYS NKB » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:49 pm

omg wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:50 pm
Black friday sales related question, please:

Is the Mystic Stealth spreader bar (hook version) the hook removable or not, please? In one youtube video it said yes, but on the comments it says no. :o My idea is to remove the hook and install the rope for wave riding and vice versa.

Oh and the one: if the Mystic spreader bar length is quoted 24cm (small) or 28cm (medium), is this measurement between the harness straps (where they attach to the strap holes or buckles of the spreader bar) and not just the metal bar length? I’d guess the former, but you never know.

Thanks a lot!
I think the quick answer on this is if you plan to use it only with rope but the Stealth Surf (rope) bar. There is a kit to convert it to a Surf (rope) set up and if you check all the threads on this forum about the Stealth bar you'll see some DIY options, but if you want the full Stealth Surf Experience (option of the long and short rope, and the long rope being an "appropriate not overly long" length) I would absolutely suggest you get a Stealth Surf.

In terms of the sizing, it's from outside edge of the bar (not including wings). So your first guess is very close to accurate. Sorry I don't have a photo handy.

Suggested bar/harness sizing is:
240mm = Men's XS
280mm = Men's Small and Medium
320mm = Mens's Large, XL, and XXL
These users thanked the author mattaiken MYS NKB for the post:

Return to “Kitesurfing”