Brand Affiliation: None.

CrazyFly 2021 Hyper - Go big or go home

Postby Toby » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:03 pm

CrazyFly News:

The 2021 Hyper – Go big or go home

hyper.png
hyper.png (105.04 KiB) Viewed 2257 times

Elevating sensation.
This kite is hyped up. High performance. Big confidence. Power. Muscle. No hassle. Emotion. Devotion. Addiction. Perfection. Pure power. Rush hour.

Meet the long awaited king of the air. This rocket launcher of a kite takes you to the moon and back. From zero to hero. In split seconds. No jokes. It delivers.

With the strongest 5 strut kite frame we have ever made, the Hyper is rock solid. No fuzz in the air, just pure lift, glide and smooth touch down. With Triplex Ripstop, it pulls. It pulls a lot, like a train.

Medium bar pressure gives power on demand and ultimate control for this big air boosting machine.

High aspect, no respect. Pull to play, accelerate. Oh damn, hit the break, Load up, get high. Let fly. Come down. Retry.

Hyper news:

With the 2021 Hyper we continued improving what has been a trend in kites in recent years: strength to weight ratio. The 2021 Hyper 12m kite is 0,4 kg lighter than in 2020 yet the strength and rigidity of the air frame and canopy are the same. The 2021 Hyper 12m weights 4 kgs or 0,33 kg per square meter, which is very light for a five strut kite. This year, we also bring a light wind version of the Hyper in 15m size. Incredibly, the 2021 Hyper 15m weights 4,4 kg only, which is the same weight as the 2020 Hyper 12m (4,4 kg).

The reduced weight and same strength were achieved by:

A new bridle system which reinforces the kite better and adds to strength of the air frame.
Reduced number of panels on the kite. Again, we joined more panels together.
New lighter trailing edge with two layers of Ripstop instead of heavyweight material.
In addition, we moved the back lines attachments directly to the leading edge, which puts less pressure on the canopy and creates a much more direct response and faster turning of the kite.
The leading edge seam was reinforced with an additional layer of Dacron, but at the same time, we reduced Dacron covering the struts on the canopy, as there is now less pressure on the canopy.
As a cherry on the top, we introduced a new Airlock valve which is simple, quick and secure to use.

The reduced weight of the kite, new bridle and new back line attachment points position result in much better relaunch, better low end, less bar pressure and faster turning. These aspects were all improved, while the hangtime and lift of the Hyper stayed untouched and we all know how amazing it is.

https://www.crazyflykites.com/kites/hyper

These users thanked the author Toby for the post:
1234567Simon (Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:23 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

1234567Simon
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Local Beach: Netherland‘s beaches,
Favorite Beaches: Ijmuiden on NW
Gear: Wave Board, Wave Kites, foiling. But Plan to get Back to Twin Tip boosting
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: CrazyFly 2021 Hyper - Go big or go home

Postby 1234567Simon » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:23 pm

Ok.... now I am confused...

The HYPER is THE BIG AIR kite with 5 struts...???

The commercial video is with a Skinny girl in light wind, and some recreational foiling in light winds.

Can Marketing be more confusing???

Just my stupid opinion....

(On the other side: the board Raptor extreme : ticket to the moon..... that is a Perfect Marketing..)

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:05 pm

1234567Simon wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:23 pm
Ok.... now I am confused...

The HYPER is THE BIG AIR kite with 5 struts...???

The commercial video is with a Skinny girl in light wind, and some recreational foiling in light winds.

Can Marketing be more confusing???

Just my stupid opinion....

(On the other side: the board Raptor extreme : ticket to the moon..... that is a Perfect Marketing..)
Not really the best vid for a bigair kite. But it's possible they just didn't have the wind for a bigair session in the period before or just after release. It's a small company ofcourse, and they don't have the resources or amount of high tier teamriders (and corona offcourse) to just go where the wind is.

There have been plenty of vids from the 2019 and 2020 model with Posito Martinez (including KOTA) that show of the bigair capabilities of the kite.
These users thanked the author Faxie for the post:
1234567Simon (Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:32 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Constakite
Rare Poster
Weight: 89 kg
Local Beach: 5-6 spots in Denmark
Favorite Beaches: @Denmark, Holland and Spain
Style: Bigair, Oldschool.
Gear: Eleveight FS 8
CrazyFly Hyper 9, 10
Duotone Select 135x40
CORE Fusion 139x39

Postby Constakite » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:19 pm

Faxie wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:05 pm

Not really the best vid for a bigair kite. But it's possible they just didn't have the wind for a bigair session in the period before or just after release. It's a small company ofcourse, and they don't have the resources or amount of high tier teamriders (and corona offcourse) to just go where the wind is.

There have been plenty of vids from the 2019 and 2020 model with Posito Martinez (including KOTA) that show of the bigair capabilities of the kite.
I completely agree with Faxie, Posito just got his 2021 kite a few days ago and they don't really have any other known big air riders.
No doubt they are doing the best they can with the current conditions; That being said, 2020 are amazing big air kites, great quality and customer service.

Is there anyone that has reviewed the 2021 version compared to 2020? Strange they do not have a 8m2 in the 2021 model since they are committed to big air. - and they had one in the 2020 model.
Would also love to see some 22m lines for quicker loops.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:53 pm

I have the 12m 2020, and a friend of mine has the 2021 version. If we happen to meet on the beach in the near future, I can ride his kite for a while to compare. We're in a cold and windless period over here now, so it could take a while...

My guess is the differences won't be very big, but the 2021 will probably be a bit more agile because of the weight loss.

Agreed on the quality and customer service. I've had recurring problems with my 2019 9m bladder, leaks after 20+ sessions -similar as the problems in the Ozone kites thread-, and they've sent a courrier to pick up my kite and inspect it in the factory. I can't imagine most other brands go the extra mile like that. No problems whatsoever with my 2020 kites though... faulty batch bladders, it happens.

Eugadude
Rare Poster
Gear: Crazyfly
Has thanked: 0

Postby Eugadude » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:38 pm

Faxie wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:53 pm
I have the 12m 2020, and a friend of mine has the 2021 version. If we happen to meet on the beach in the near future, I can ride his kite for a while to compare. We're in a cold and windless period over here now, so it could take a while...

My guess is the differences won't be very big, but the 2021 will probably be a bit more agile because of the weight loss.

Agreed on the quality and customer service. I've had recurring problems with my 2019 9m bladder, leaks after 20+ sessions -similar as the problems in the Ozone kites thread-, and they've sent a courrier to pick up my kite and inspect it in the factory. I can't imagine most other brands go the extra mile like that. No problems whatsoever with my 2020 kites though... faulty batch bladders, it happens.
I had 2 2019 hypers with issues one got replaced with 2020 under warranty the other got set of new bladders I love them awesome kites especially the 8m

Cheoz0r86
Medium Poster
Weight: 80-75
Local Beach: North down peninsula in Northern Ireland
Style: Freeride
Gear: 2022 11m core XR7, 2022 9m XR7. 137*41 2020 CF raptor

Postby Cheoz0r86 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:31 pm

[/quote]
I had 2 2019 hypers with issues one got replaced with 2020 under warranty the other got set of new bladders I love them awesome kites especially the 8m
[/quote]

Agree with you on that, have a 11m and 8m 2020 hypers, the 11m is such a smooth kite, super gradual power delivery and constant pull compared to the 8m that is such a bad boy, quick and explosive on power compared to my 2017 8m rebel

Return to “Kitesurfing”