Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: huahin thailand
Favorite Beaches: el medano tenerife
Gear: skimboard
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

flysurfer soul line length

Postby gulfofthailand » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:21 pm

ive ordered a soul 8m which i think comes with 17m plus 3m lines. if i decide to use shorter lines, say 12m or 15m is it easy enough to change thm and do they have to be a certain type?

Breze
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 90kg
Style: Foiling
Gear: Foils&Tubes

Re: flysurfer soul line length

Postby Breze » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:49 pm

Depends on the bar you ordered. The infinity Control Bar: FS says :"Safety is assured by our proven QR 3.0 and frontline flag-out safety system (FLS)." This means the 10-11m long FLS is spliced into one frontline. So you can shorten your FL&BL above this point.( easiest method, you need to make 8 splices to shorten the 17m)

If you get the Force Control Bar it is a normal slingle flag safety. You can just order a line set Sk 99 500/300 with spliced ends, no sleeved ends will work with the bracket. All 4 Lines equal in length and all ends with spliced loops.

Why do you need shorter than 17m on a Soul 8m ? High wind Hydofoil racing ?

gulfofthailand
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: huahin thailand
Favorite Beaches: el medano tenerife
Gear: skimboard
Has thanked: 0

Re: flysurfer soul line length

Postby gulfofthailand » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:13 am

belated thanks to your post, Breze. I take your point about why i would need shorter lines.
I suppose i just got used to 15 mtr lines for many years, but for the sake of a couple of metres ill probably leave them. i have actually ordered the infinity bar so that will be the standard 17m with 3m extra.

Return to “Kitesurfing”