Duotone 2021 one pump hose clamps

Forum for kitesurfers
dlangpap
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Duotone 2021 one pump hose clamps

Postby dlangpap » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:57 pm

Hi,

I just received my 2021 Duotone Dice and Neo kites and have tried with both to leave the struts inflated for quick folding and transport on two occasions. This hasn't worked; as soon as I start rolling the kite up, the struts deflate. I have tried putting more pressure on the clamps but it hasn't functioned either. I don't mind that much this not working for folding the kites but it could be a potential safety hazard with a leak.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers!

dice
Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Hadlow ID
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Duotone 2021 one pump hose clamps

Postby dice » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:18 am

Maybe while rolling, the tube that goes through the clamps is bent in a way so that the air can escape?

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:59 am

dlangpap wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:57 pm
Hi,

I just received my 2021 Duotone Dice and Neo kites and have tried with both to leave the struts inflated for quick folding and transport on two occasions. This hasn't worked; as soon as I start rolling the kite up, the struts deflate. I have tried putting more pressure on the clamps but it hasn't functioned either. I don't mind that much this not working for folding the kites but it could be a potential safety hazard with a leak.

Cheers!
No problem here, however, make sure you have truly clamped the last step of the clamp. Otherwise it will leave the clamp slightly open and air to escape.
These users thanked the author omg for the post:
dlangpap (Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:40 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

dlangpap
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby dlangpap » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:41 pm

omg wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:59 am
dlangpap wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:57 pm
Hi,

Cheers!
No problem here, however, make sure you have truly clamped the last step of the clamp. Otherwise it will leave the clamp slightly open and air to escape.
I may have to adjust all the way but this wasn't the case with my previous (then North) 2016 and 2017 gear...

Return to “Kitesurfing”