A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Foil foil.. and Old School!
Gear: Too many to list
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Any interest in eeeeee foils?

Postby Windigo1 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:45 pm

I am seriously interested in the Waydoo the price is reasonable and it looks like a good design from the reviews I have seen simple to setup reasonable weight and performance. It's winter here in the frozen North so I will wait until the spring to see if they sort out the issues and hopefully there will be more reviews by then! If anyone has experienced the Waydoo Flyer One and is not associated with the other brands I am interested in your honest opinion

markchatwin
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby markchatwin » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:40 am

Haven't posted on this thread in awhile. Got the Lift E3 this past August and been having a riot. I've been riding it with the 250/48 surf, 200/38 surf and the 170HA/32Glide foils. They each have their own feel. I like them all. The rig has been rock solid. If anyone is interested I have a friend who is a Lift dealer who is working with a bank offering a 0% 2 year term loan for folks in the USA. The vibe I hear on the street is for next spring it would be wise to get an order in relatively soon. PM me for details...

fernmanus
Very Frequent Poster

Postby fernmanus » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:12 pm

I have been interested in efoils for years, but the $12K price was too much to swallow when I was unsure if I would like the sport and I was unsure of which model to buy. I bought a Waydoo Flyer One efoil from MacKite. A lot of the problems that you see online were with the models rushed out to those who donated for the initial kickstarter program. The model I have has been solid so far. It is also true that it is not silent, it has a whir like a remote control car. It is also heavy. I have found it to be very approachable if you are completely new to foiling as I was. I like the flexibility the efoil gives me on days when the wind doesn’t turn on, so I will upgrade in time (probably to the Lift3 4.2 Pro). Kiting will always be my first passion, but I am looking forward to exploring bodies of water where I am not able to kite or it is not even possible to kite - the slot canyons of Lake Powell in my home state of Utah come to mind as well as high mountain lakes surrounded by trees.

If I was Peter living in windy Denmark, I would not even consider an efoil, but we have plenty of no wind days, so the efoil is a way to get out on the water and still work on your foiling skills.

Return to “Hydrofoil”