Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Moses W679

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
IDAVIS
Rare Poster
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:25 am
Local Beach: Santa Cristina
Aguieira
Sabon
(Galicia north from Spain)
Favorite Beaches: Taiba (BR)
Cunbuco (BR)
Aguieira (ESP)
Sabon (ESP)
Style: Freestyle / Foil
Gear: Airush Razor (freestyle)
Airush Ultra (foil)
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Galicia (Spain)
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Moses W679

Postby IDAVIS » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:05 pm

Hi

someone riding with this wing? (moses w679)

its good for carving and light wind? what its the top speed? (aprox)

its similar to the duotone´s wing carve 950?


big thanks

User avatar
Frankieboy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 982
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:05 pm
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Moses W679

Postby Frankieboy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:45 pm

my son is riding it with 330 stab. He is 65kg
I tried it but only for 5 min and in flat water, very well balanced setup but I am 100+ kg and prefer the 633 in the waves
A little bit faster then 633

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1276
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: New Brighton- nr Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide lagoon
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough
lake Como (Italy)
Style: improving kite foiler since 2017
Gear: Groove Skates 110 and 120 custom graphics and volume 2021 editions
101cm + 91cm Moses Carbon masts
Moses- 633/483 on a 701 fuse
Moses- 718 /421 on the smaller lighter kite fuse
Ozone Hyperlink V1 ultra light 5mtr
Ozone V2 Hyperlink 7mtr + 9mtr
Ozone Chrono V4 foil kite 11mtr, red
duotone click bar 2020, custom lines
duotone 2021 click bar (waiting for delivery)
ION B3 seat harness, now waiting 7 months for delivery:o
massive grin
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Re: Moses W679

Postby Foil » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:19 pm

IDAVIS wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:05 pm
Hi

its good for carving and light wind? what its the top speed? (aprox)

big thanks
it's like a slightly faster and more agile Moses 633
but there is a pay back for this, its less stable at slower speed,
many of us at our spot have had both wings, and some have decided the 679 is for them, and many others have decided the 633 suits them better, it was a hard call for me and a few others, and we had to sail them back to back for many sessions to finally come to a decision.
if your strapless then the high speed stability that the 679 offers can be very enjoyable,
as for top speed then that easy as we measured the 679 time and again and could not push it much faster than 27 knts, mind you that is fast, very fast, and its easy to keep up a high average speed over a normal session, the 633 top speed is just over 26knts but needs strapped feet to keep it going at that speed, and a lot of practice with precise mast and strap placement.
for waves of any sort then the choice bends back to the 633, but the 679 is still very wave friendly, you just need to keep it moving to avoid low speed stall
These users thanked the author Foil for the post (total 2):
grigorib (Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:35 pm) • vakiter (Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:46 pm)
Rating: 13.33%

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:28 pm
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: Moses W679

Postby cwood » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:19 pm

Foil wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:19 pm
IDAVIS wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:05 pm
Hi

its good for carving and light wind? what its the top speed? (aprox)

big thanks
it's like a slightly faster and more agile Moses 633
but there is a pay back for this, its less stable at slower speed,
many of us at our spot have had both wings, and some have decided the 679 is for them, and many others have decided the 633 suits them better, it was a hard call for me and a few others, and we had to sail them back to back for many sessions to finally come to a decision.
if your strapless then the high speed stability that the 679 offers can be very enjoyable,
as for top speed then that easy as we measured the 679 time and again and could not push it much faster than 27 knts, mind you that is fast, very fast, and its easy to keep up a high average speed over a normal session, the 633 top speed is just over 26knts but needs strapped feet to keep it going at that speed, and a lot of practice with precise mast and strap placement.
for waves of any sort then the choice bends back to the 633, but the 679 is still very wave friendly, you just need to keep it moving to avoid low speed stall
Good summary. Many of us have switched and believe it is the best balance of sporty but large for light wind / waves. It is also boostable without feeling like landing on a cafeteria tray. The other thing is with the race stabs you can actually get the thing balanced without extreme moves for mast backward like I had to do with the 633. Way more balanced lift wise.

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2848
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; La Ventana; SPI; Hood River; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9m, SST 4/5/7m, UFO 5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses 80/91/101cm masts with 800/425 695/425 637/420 1000/421 wingsets, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 3'6" 2019-2020, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Moses 80cm alu mast $260
.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 248 times
Been thanked: 359 times

Re: Moses W679

Postby grigorib » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:37 pm

I loved my 683s and 679 which are same wing. Once I rode 683s I sold my 633 and never looked back. Reached about 26 MPH one time I decided to measure top speed. Great wing yet later I switched to 695 and later to 800 because they mount on lighter, more compact 647 fuselage. Also higher aspect wings are a bit more roll stable, not that I would really care about that though.

679 is awesome but depending on your weight/style/kites/conditions you might want to consider 695 or 800.

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:28 pm
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: Moses W679

Postby cwood » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:47 pm

grigorib wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:37 pm
I loved my 683s and 679 which are same wing. Once I rode 683s I sold my 633 and never looked back. Reached about 26 MPH one time I decided to measure top speed. Great wing yet later I switched to 695 and later to 800 because they mount on lighter, more compact 647 fuselage. Also higher aspect wings are a bit more roll stable, not that I would really care about that though.

679 is awesome but depending on your weight/style/kites/conditions you might want to consider 695 or 800.
Hey, tangent....for a female in the 150lb range....what would be similar to the 679 from a low speed perspective....695 or 800? I bought her a 679 but its still in the box....I wanted it under the tree at christmas but wasn't gonna get the fuse yet. Pisses me off to have to buy that big fuse a second time.

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2848
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; La Ventana; SPI; Hood River; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9m, SST 4/5/7m, UFO 5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses 80/91/101cm masts with 800/425 695/425 637/420 1000/421 wingsets, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 3'6" 2019-2020, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Moses 80cm alu mast $260
.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 248 times
Been thanked: 359 times

Re: Moses W679

Postby grigorib » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:46 pm

cwood wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:47 pm
grigorib wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:37 pm
I loved my 683s and 679 which are same wing. Once I rode 683s I sold my 633 and never looked back. Reached about 26 MPH one time I decided to measure top speed. Great wing yet later I switched to 695 and later to 800 because they mount on lighter, more compact 647 fuselage. Also higher aspect wings are a bit more roll stable, not that I would really care about that though.

679 is awesome but depending on your weight/style/kites/conditions you might want to consider 695 or 800.
Hey, tangent....for a female in the 150lb range....what would be similar to the 679 from a low speed perspective....695 or 800? I bought her a 679 but its still in the box....I wanted it under the tree at christmas but wasn't gonna get the fuse yet. Pisses me off to have to buy that big fuse a second time.
For 150lbs the 695 would be plenty lowendish wing. The 800 might seem as too large wingspan-wise, but it’s also smooth and even more lowendish, yet it can scream pretty fast and be very stable at speed if one enjoys fast rides.

Really, the heavy/bulky surf fuselage is something that set me back off from riding 633-683s-679. Also 483-450 stabilizers are relatively thick and not as awesome as 425

What wind does she ride now?
Last edited by grigorib on Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

alowishus
Medium Poster
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:38 pm
Gear: ozone airush slingshot moses
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Moses W679

Postby alowishus » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:59 am

How does the 421 stab pair with the 679?

Does anyone ride this combo?

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:28 pm
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: Moses W679

Postby cwood » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:02 am

Yes, only way to go! Perfect match. 483 is bad in my opinion unless Sup or surf.

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1276
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: New Brighton- nr Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide lagoon
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough
lake Como (Italy)
Style: improving kite foiler since 2017
Gear: Groove Skates 110 and 120 custom graphics and volume 2021 editions
101cm + 91cm Moses Carbon masts
Moses- 633/483 on a 701 fuse
Moses- 718 /421 on the smaller lighter kite fuse
Ozone Hyperlink V1 ultra light 5mtr
Ozone V2 Hyperlink 7mtr + 9mtr
Ozone Chrono V4 foil kite 11mtr, red
duotone click bar 2020, custom lines
duotone 2021 click bar (waiting for delivery)
ION B3 seat harness, now waiting 7 months for delivery:o
massive grin
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Re: Moses W679

Postby Foil » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:18 am

One fact about any talk about "the best stab to use for the bigger wings" is the fact hardly anybody can agree a common ideal rear wing size, and disagreement is a common factor.
I have tried the full range of moses stabs (excluding the 400) and have my favourite which works brilliantly for me, and recently took advice from a pro foil racer about which stab to use for my moses 720 blatz pro wing- (the 718 now on the kite fuse),
what could go wrong? disaster, it was awful in my opinion.
so it just shows that when it comes to stabilizer choice,look for clarification under "can of worms"

On my patch of water, open choppy wavy seas and flat low tide lagoon the 483 stab on the Moses surf wings has the most followers, and nearly all the experienced guys have tried other variations available from moses,

One very experienced foiler at our spot was excited last week when his new 450 stab arrived from moses, and he could not wait to get to the water to try it on his 633, 3 hrs later he came ashore and declared it unsuitable, as it was unstable at speed to the point of crashing out, I had to stay quiet as this was exactly my findings from my trials of the same wing combo at flag beach a few weeks earlier, but I did not know he had ordered the 450 stab, and he only bought it because he had heard it was a superb combination, so you see this happens a lot, moses make a lot of rear wings, many of them are made from Marmite! (love it or hate ite material)


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests