Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Covid vaccine

Forum for kitesurfers
Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Re: Covid vaccine

Postby Dave_5280 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:12 pm

I’m for anything we can find that works on Covid - herbs, faith, vaccine, and anything else.

Covid deaths are more related to age and other conditions than obesity:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/cov ... /index.htm

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:23 pm

Dave_5280 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:12 pm
I’m for anything we can find that works on Covid - herbs, faith, vaccine, and anything else.

Covid deaths are more related to age and other conditions than obesity:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/cov ... /index.htm
Deaths are more related to age and other conditions than covid........by a wide margin.

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Havre » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:28 pm

Age definitely. Which is probably one of the reasons why Covid-19 is rather irrelevant in much of Africa.

Would be interesting to know how many who are generally speaking healthy, normal weight, below 70 and with good d-vitamin levels get sick? I'm not even sure if we have had one single news story in Norway about any such patient.

In other good news Ivermectin seems to closer and closer to getting accepted as a useful drug for treatment.

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:36 pm

I still can't understand how we are counting Covid-19 deaths. On the CDC page you can see 36k with cardiac arrest. Still a Covid-19 death. Anything that begins or ends with Covid-19 - will always be a Covid-19 death. You might test positive with a PCR test not used fit for purpose. Get a heart attack and boom another Covid-19 death. Even those that think Covid-19 is more dangerous than me how does that make sense? It is like some would like the number to be as a high as possible? One would think everyone "sane" would be able to somewhat agree on how to count these deaths?

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:25 pm

Havre wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:36 pm
I still can't understand how we are counting Covid-19 deaths. On the CDC page you can see 36k with cardiac arrest. Still a Covid-19 death. Anything that begins or ends with Covid-19 - will always be a Covid-19 death. You might test positive with a PCR test not used fit for purpose. Get a heart attack and boom another Covid-19 death. Even those that think Covid-19 is more dangerous than me how does that make sense? It is like some would like the number to be as a high as possible? One would think everyone "sane" would be able to somewhat agree on how to count these deaths?
You seem to have looked at this for a bit and have a good enough grasp on the general problem that the answer might be fairly stated as
Follow the money?

revhed
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: france
Gear: kites

Postby revhed » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:40 pm

Havre wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:53 pm
Hopefully Amazon won't shut down this board for you asking that question.
:roll:
R H

revhed
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: france
Gear: kites

Postby revhed » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:49 pm

Havre wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:43 pm
He should be careful spreading things like that - Facebook might shut down his account :D
Eye C U :argue:
R H

Hugh2
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 180lb/82kg
Local Beach: Clinton Lake in East-Central Illinois
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras and Cape Town (also sailing around the world, this season crossed the South Pacific)
Style: freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Nomad 5.5, Naish Pivot 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11, Duotone Dice 12
Long Ocean 136, Eleveight Master C+ 136, Naish Global 6'0", RB Sixty 3 Matador 5' 8", Slingshot Hoverglide H5 foil and Alien Air 4' 6" and Converter boards

Postby Hugh2 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:27 pm

What a bunch of loonies on this thread. Today is the first good day of this pandemic for me (remember, the old fat guy?), I managed to get an appointment for the vaccine for next week. By the end of the month I will be mostly safe. At long last.
These users thanked the author Hugh2 for the post:
airsail (Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:48 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Havre
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Havre » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:44 pm

knotwindy wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:25 pm
Havre wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:36 pm
You seem to have looked at this for a bit and have a good enough grasp on the general problem that the answer might be fairly stated as
Follow the money?
If not the money so at least political power. I don't think it was planned, but obviously the Chinese are milking this as best as they can. And kind of why shouldn't day? Obviously I wish they didn't, but I can't blame them considering how the US and the "west" in general have behaved exactly the same way for as long as anyone alive can remember.

As for "big pharma" I´m not sure how much pull they would have in this. The economic model they operate by is obviously rather absurd. If you had asked people in mid 2019 what they thought about "big pharma" my guess is that most wouldn't care of course, but that many would say they are corrupt. Few would probably have much positive to say about the industry. Maybe especially in the US. Anyone think the "opioid-crisis" is driven by some sort of Samaritan good will by big pharma? That said I don't believe they can get people like the ones in this thread just blindly believing in the death count.

Take Dave. Would he have any financial incentive to post the numbers he posts uncritically? I would guess not. And I have no reason to believe that Dave isn't a very reasonable and intelligent guy. Why does he see the need to just post those numbers? Doesn't he know they are obviously wrong? Doesn't he care? I don't know. He might answer that himself.

Or the last reported death in Oslo. The biggest newspaper in Norway got this tracker - and for every death there is a small description. The patient "died from other causes" it says LITERALLY, but he had tested positive so he is therefore counted as a Covid-19 death. How absurd is this? Do I believe that China or big pharma has influenced a Norwegian newspaper directly to come up with this idiocy (it's not only the newspaper by the way - he/she goes in to the official statistics as a Covid-19 death)? No. I don't. I honestly cannot understand it. It is like we are collectively become idiots. This is not discussing if you believe we need stricter restrictions etc. I have no problem with people disagreeing with my views there - most clearly do. This is the biggest newspaper in Norway stating that a person did die from other causes and we still just happily accept him/her as a Covid-19 death. That person goes into the numbers Dave is occasionally posting. Why would anyone just blindly accept that regardless of your general views on Covid-19?

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:18 am

Havre wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:35 pm
Bille wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:12 pm
Havre wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:48 pm
Well. Brainwashed fat old men are thankfully free to do whatever they want in my world. I'm not sure if you are as accommodating to people with views different from yours.

I hope the vaccine works for you Hugh2, but spare me the arrogance.
I probably got enough antibodies, in my system, to cure 1/2 a dozen people
so i'm not too concerned about catching it again right now.
BUT :
there is a good reason i won't be going to my favorite place to fly HG and PG
in San Bernardino Ca ; they ran out of ICU beds from all the covid patients
so if i get hurt flying, i'd kinda be screwed. LA county is not much better ; so
flying Kagel is also out.

@ Havre :
You watch too much Fox news dude ; your concept of reality is screwed up.

Bille
Classic. Someone disagrees with me so I´ll stick my fingers in my ear and pretend they "watch Fox".

Funny how you don't see how you are just like the ones you are making fun of.

You should read up on how antibodies work "right now" :lol: talking about "screwed up".
That friend i mentioned, who works at (Salk institute), in la Jolla ca ; he
told me the same thing , (two months ago), that this new study , just confirmed.

https://bestlifeonline.com/news-covid-i ... -symptoms/

I'm probably quite immune to covid-19 ; the Bad part is that i
could , give to my friends , if i touch them , with it on my hands
and they go pick their nose, or rube their eyes! :o :(

Bille
Last edited by Bille on Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”