Forum for kitesurfers
Matty V
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Gear: Home made
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 12m Aluula Flite

Postby Matty V » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:51 pm

so zips are too weak but we still use velcro on the wing tip where it is thinner than the center of the LE, and under higher pressure yet in the next breath saying that LE diameters are going to get thinner hmm

just use bloody velcro/hook and loop set up that's lighter and more durable and only undoes one way

you screwed up and now there is the convoluted reasons why vid..

GregK
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Comox, BC
CANADA
Style: Average
Gear: Lift V2 Surf & HA wingsets
Ocean Rodeo kites & wings
Brand Affiliation: started Comox Kite Repair

Postby GregK » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:21 pm

Funny how it can appear daunting to change something you've done the same way for 20 years.

First time you change a LE bladder on an OR Aluula kite, bending the inflate valve into a U-shape to get it through the hole in the LE is a bit tricky, but like most things, do it a few times and it's not hard at all. Bladder and 1-pump valves go in or out no-problem.

For the number of times a LE bladder goes in or out, an access zipper or Velcro opening really is under - utilized. IMO better to eliminate its weight and do without it. Honestly, try it, it's not difficult.
Last edited by GregK on Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
These users thanked the author GregK for the post (total 2):
Digdawg (Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:47 pm) • SENDIT! (Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:55 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

EastCC
Medium Poster
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo - Australia

Postby EastCC » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:32 pm

Matty V wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:51 pm

just use bloody velcro/hook and loop set up that's lighter and more durable and only undoes one way
They have - the inflate valve hole.
These users thanked the author EastCC for the post:
Digdawg (Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:47 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Digdawg
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Snowkite:
Lemon Reservoir, Durango
Rito Hondo, Creede
Favorite Beaches: Key West
Outer Banks
CorpUs Christi
Style: Freeride
Gear: Ocean Rodeo
- Aluula Flite 17m
- Flite 12m, 14.5m & 17m
- Crave 12m
- Mako 150 & 160
Ozone
- 14m
Epic
- Renegade 7m
Slingshot
- Crisis 140
Crazyfly
- LW 154
Ride Engine Harness
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Digdawg » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:00 pm

ShaveTheWhales wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:08 am
People who dont know what strong bladders look and feel like - as well as another never heard of an OR kite leak air - and you guys know about kiting huh.
Its all about the PRICE - Regardless of brand, if im paying top dollar - I expect the complete package !
f I want standard - Ill spend half that amount on a brand new Standard kite..
I've flown a 17m Flite in snow, ice, beaches, fresh water - all over the place in all kinds of conditions for over 5 years and never one problem with it leaking. Other OR kites as well, but that 17 has a lot of bladder. Have had problems with some other brands. One is the brand you, ShaveTheWhales, list under your gear - just saying... 🤷

McLovin
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 124 kg
Local Beach: The Columbia River Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Rufus & Rooster - sandy ones with smooth wind
Style: TT - Newbie Foiler
Gear: Armstrong FOIL - SS Dwarfcraft - North Code Zero 7,8 - CORE Section 4,5 XR 7,9 Ocean Rodeo RISE (A) 9/10/11 Ocean Rodeo Flite 14.5(A), CARVE Imperator 151cm TT and Crazy Fly Raptor 140cm Neon TT - Ocean Rodeo Ignites Drysuit - Mystic Majestic 5/4 4/3 other stuff...
Brand Affiliation: Just stuff I like... THANKS Armie!

Postby McLovin » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:49 am

droffats wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:32 pm
blah, blah --->
3. The Rise is the 5 strut open C-ish kite seen in other videos doing kite loops too. It's a long way off though as they are still prototyping and refining
Blah
C'mon droffats,

Come clean, what do you know about the rise of the RISE? understanding confidentiality concerns just reply with your favorite month to kite - this year MAUI, next year = MEXICO.

So where and when do you prefer to kite?

Thx in advance :)

Cheers!!!

Mc

:dance:

droffats
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride, Hdrofoil, Waves, Big Air
Gear: Ozone, Ocean Rodeo, Cabrinha, Mystic
Brand Affiliation: www.adventurekiteboarding.com

Postby droffats » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:01 am

McLovin, I know that the Aluula material is made and available to make kites with, but the factory in Asia can't make kites fast enough. Don't know why for sure, my best guess is they are busy making wings. So, if they can't even make enough Roams and Flites, it's going to be hard to get a Rise made. Plus, Ocean Rodeo has to get their Aluula wings made first. That market is on fire and there are many more potential sales than even a Rise boosting machine. In business, like everything, priorities have to be chosen and wings won. I still think you'll get a Rise in 2021, but that is not because I have some great hook up with OR, that is just my best guess.
A different brand just reported to dealers a shortage of canopy material for LEI kites too. That is probably a factor for all brands then....

I want a big air Aluula too. But I'm stuck on Dacron for all my "Dirk Dangler" hanging around in the sky all hooked in moves for now.
These users thanked the author droffats for the post:
McLovin (Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:14 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

McLovin
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 124 kg
Local Beach: The Columbia River Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Rufus & Rooster - sandy ones with smooth wind
Style: TT - Newbie Foiler
Gear: Armstrong FOIL - SS Dwarfcraft - North Code Zero 7,8 - CORE Section 4,5 XR 7,9 Ocean Rodeo RISE (A) 9/10/11 Ocean Rodeo Flite 14.5(A), CARVE Imperator 151cm TT and Crazy Fly Raptor 140cm Neon TT - Ocean Rodeo Ignites Drysuit - Mystic Majestic 5/4 4/3 other stuff...
Brand Affiliation: Just stuff I like... THANKS Armie!

Postby McLovin » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:36 pm

Thx PhD da fats,

Guess the Silver lining of our fav companies lining their pockets with ALL that sweet WING $ money, is that they will be around to make us that even sweeter GOLD Aluula magic kite when all the WING'z done. A 12m RISE A-Series has a spot in my quiver with a delayed arrival :o

Guess I'll just have some fun this summer testing out the battle of the bread & butter kites which for me are my 8 / 10 there are several hot contenders on my list but that would take us OT.

Just think how many USED wing things will be available at pennies on the dollar in 2/3 years - I windsurfed for way too many years before finally being SAVED by kiting - gonna follow the CDC guidelines and maintain an appropriate social distance (like 24m) from my Kite/Wing ---> I can wait a bit longer to Wing/Windsurf 2.0 ---->. Passing on your LEFT - LOL

Cheers :thumb:

Mc

:dance:

Return to “Kitesurfing”