Forum for snow- and landkiters
slide
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 75kg,now a bit less
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles- just need a hard beach
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes uk-just need a hard beach
Style: landboarding with a petzl work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon landboards, modified airdeck and a home made snow board with barrel wheels ,soul's , spd5's. over 30ish old blades all set up to go ,i like a bit of old skool
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby slide » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:39 am

Mark carney who headed the bank of england for 7 years up to march 2020 has said
"the world is heading for mortality rates equivalent to covid deaths unless action is taken, the investment needed to avert millions of deaths was double current rates with goverments ploughing billions to keep economies afloat -a question mark hangs over wether the recovery will be green enough"

revhed
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: france
Gear: kites

Postby revhed » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:39 am

slide wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:54 pm
i'm thinking and feeling for revhed and france at the moment massive flooding rivers bursting their banks ,hoping levels of water go down soon
Yes flooded a lot!
Super warm as well.
Lots of wood in the sea from rivers over filling so no foiling for a while.
And sure wind way more gusty.
R H
Even if global warming is being affected so little by man, not saying its not, sure seems like a good thing to try to protect mother earth from mankind.
The heartbreak I feel when see so much fucking plastic on the beach everyday, stupid humans!
If aliens were to take a look at us might think, what a low level life form shitting in their own bed!

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:47 am

Evidence for the scam.

https://rumble.com/vdmkwn-john-kerry-ju ... theti.html

Nice explanation!

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:47 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:47 am
Evidence for the scam.

Nice explanation!
Jesus you a climate change denier too? D'Souza is a scam artist. He also does not understand the difference between weather and climate so maybe not take your advice from him.
https://www.newsweek.com/dinesh-dsouza- ... re-1453890
These users thanked the author tautologies for the post:
slide (Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:06 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:02 pm

tautologies wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:47 pm
Matteo V wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:47 am
Evidence for the scam.

Nice explanation!
Jesus you a climate change denier too? D'Souza is a scam artist. He also does not understand the difference between weather and climate so maybe not take your advice from him.
https://www.newsweek.com/dinesh-dsouza- ... re-1453890
Um.... not going to go off on this one too far, but weren't kids growing up in 2020 supposed to not know what snow was in areas that had previously received annual snow?

I'm not saying I agree with everything D'souza says. Heck, I can make that statement about anyone on both sides. But you brought up something that is possibly stupid on the right. So the problem with the left is thay they are demonstrably "king of stupid" given thier failed predictions.

It's clearly evident that AGW believers have really blown it on saying the will be no more snow in the winter. And it kind of goes without saying that there would also be no snow during the summer in the southern hemisphere with the theory of significant AGW. But look around............snow!

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:21 pm

Isn't the argument equally silly on both sides? How many weather updates haven´t we seen in this thread as "proof" of both climate change and man made climate change?

As for the Dinesh video I can't see any flaws in his argument. Maybe a bit cheap rhetorically, but logically sound as far as I can tell.

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:26 pm

Havre wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:21 pm
Isn't the argument equally silly on both sides? How many weather updates haven´t we seen in this thread as "proof" of both climate change and man made climate change?

As for the Dinesh video I can't see any flaws in his argument. Maybe a bit cheap rhetorically, but logically sound as far as I can tell.
I've always felt his production quality a bit lacking, and over the top at the same time. But still his points seem mostly irrefutable.

slide
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon landboards, modified airdeck and a home made snow board with barrel wheels ,soul's , spd5's. over 30ish old blades all set up to go ,i like a bit of old skool

Postby slide » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:52 am

this is really good news |: bbc this morning
"OZONE LAYER "RESCUED" FROM CFC DAMAGE"
"A steady decline in the levels of ozone harming CFC chemicals in the atmosphere has resumed scientist's say, this follows a dangerous pause in that dangerous trajectory which could have slowed the healing of earths protective ozone layer. atmospheric measurements published in 2018 pointed to illegal CFC production ,that was occurring in eastern china

the ozone is a thin layer of the earths atmosphere that absorbs most of the ultra violet radiation coming from the sun
stopping this production appears to have set the ozone layer's healing process back on track" :D :thumb: :D

slide
Very Frequent Poster

Postby slide » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:07 pm

they are looking revhed ,thats why they appear when the world gets a MAJOR INCIDENT , they hold more of our history than we can begin to know and they love our mother

slide
Very Frequent Poster

Postby slide » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:25 pm

Jimi 1967:- i have lived here before, in days of ice, and of course, this is why i'm so concerned,
and i come back to find, the stars misplaced, and the smell of a world , that is burned, the smell of a world that is burned

Return to “Snow / Land”