Kitemenn
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Maasvlakte / Slufter
Gear: North Evo 11-7m / Lieuwe Shotgun

Re: North Click Bar Official Unofficial Thread

Postby Kitemenn » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:01 pm

Leon van Bergen wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:51 am
Has someone tried the low V with the Rebel?
I would like to fly it with open v because of self landing.
Just give it a go on a low wind day...its not that it will not fly just some characteristics might be different. Personally I dont like the low V when doing loops and rotations but you don't know unless you try

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Postby purdyd » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:51 pm

Leon van Bergen wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:51 am
Has someone tried the low V with the Rebel?
I would like to fly it with open v because of self landing.
For self landing you can just pull on the red flag line. If it is on the wrong side for you beach, just rig it to the other side.

Or just walk up to the vee and pull on the preferred line or simply walk all the way up to the kite on both lines.

The latter technique can be handy as some beaches can be hard to get the kite to stick on, especially when windy.

WojtekPoland
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sobieszewo, Poland
Favorite Beaches: Hel, Poland
Style: Safe and Slow :-)
Gear: Rebel, Neo, Cabrinha Bar, Nobile Board
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby WojtekPoland » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:56 am

Hi, I use Cabrinha fix trim 1X bar with Duotove V-split (V-distributor) at around 6meters from the Bar. It works ok with 2018 Rebel 14m and 11m, Neo 8m too. Can anyone reveal what is the distance in the original Click bar: from the bar to red V setting? My seems to work fine: the difference I noticed (compared to riding with original cabrinha low-V is the Rebels turn "rounder" like with smaller circles, like need less movement to actually turn. Someone told me that the difference also would be more ease at the bar, but I have not notice that.

X-Fly
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 65
Local Beach: La Palmyre
Style: Freestyle / big air
Gear: Eleveight FS 12m/10m/9m
North Orbit 9m/8m/7m
Core Choice 4 133

Postby X-Fly » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:01 pm

WojtekPoland wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:56 am
Hi, I use Cabrinha fix trim 1X bar with Duotove V-split (V-distributor) at around 6meters from the Bar. It works ok with 2018 Rebel 14m and 11m, Neo 8m too. Can anyone reveal what is the distance in the original Click bar: from the bar to red V setting? My seems to work fine: the difference I noticed (compared to riding with original cabrinha low-V is the Rebels turn "rounder" like with smaller circles, like need less movement to actually turn. Someone told me that the difference also would be more ease at the bar, but I have not notice that.
On the Trust bar, the distance between the end of the trim and the front lines separator is 5m95 ;) so close from your measurement :)
I also use a Cabrinha bar with my Dice and no problem too : you can move the V-distributor, depending of the feeling you want to have. If you use a low-V, you need to add 10 cm on the back lines to the kite flies normaly.

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Maasvlakte / Slufter
Gear: North Evo 11-7m / Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Kitemenn » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:16 am

X-Fly wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:01 pm
WojtekPoland wrote:
On the Trust bar, the distance between the end of the trim and the front lines separator is 5m95 ;) so close from your measurement :)
I also use a Cabrinha bar with my Dice and no problem too : you can move the V-distributor, depending of the feeling you want to have. If you use a low-V, you need to add 10 cm on the back lines to the kite flies normaly.
Can't be right that you would need 10cm extra on the backlines with a low V. On all bars (independent of low or high V) the lines need to be of equal length when pulling the bar...or am I missing something

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Gear: Duotone Rebel 7,9,11 SLS ‘23 | 14m Juice Dlab | Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Leon van Bergen » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:38 pm

Well I can imagine that with a V setting the lines get longer so it will have to do with that. However, I have read several stories from people who use with the V setting and like it even better.
These users thanked the author Leon van Bergen for the post:
1234567Simon (Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:07 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Duotone Click Bar Official Unofficial Thread

Postby Toby » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:27 pm

I thought it's a good idea to change the title from North to Duotone, since it's the Duotone Click Bar now.

I hope no one gets confused.
These users thanked the author Toby for the post:
Leon van Bergen (Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:57 pm)

madworld
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Never never land
Style: Cruising
Gear: Rich peoples throw aways.

Postby madworld » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:20 pm

I am generally happy with the new 2021 Trust bars, wish they had come with a bag to protect the lines when storing in the trunk of the car etc. Any options for bar bags?

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:07 pm

Kitemenn wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:16 am
X-Fly wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:01 pm
WojtekPoland wrote:
Can't be right that you would need 10cm extra on the backlines with a low V. On all bars (independent of low or high V) the lines need to be of equal length when pulling the bar...or am I missing something
A few months ago I tuned a friends Ozone bar and 2020 12m Evo and also found that by adding 4"/10cm pigtails to his Evo steering (back) line attachment points that compensated for the lower V.

Did not change his bar lines because his smaller kites are Ozone Enduros.

Edit: The way I did this ^^^ was to:

1. Inflate the 12m.

2. Connect it to a Duotone bar and fully extend the lines.

3. Lay the Ozone lines on top of the Duotone lines and fully extend the lines.

4. Extend the steering lines the required amount with pigtails from my spares.

5. Fly the kite and check that it flew correctly. IIRC we first tried 3" pigtails but they felt too short so changed to 4" pigtails.and the kite flew correctly with no trim.

6. Next day friend flew 12m Evo with a TT and said it flew fine but did feel "a bit different" to the Duotone bar.

IIRC also had to reverse the pigtails.

Edit: 4" = 10cm
Last edited by iriejohn on Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.

evan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Brouwersdam
Style: Hydrofoil - Big Air
Gear: Infexion bars
Brand Affiliation: Infexion

Postby evan » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:23 pm

On a kite with 6m separation between the front line pigtails on the bridle the front lines will get 78mm shorter on a 6m high split vs low V.

Smaller kite and longer lines reduce this effect significantly. Needed to guess the separation distance, but i doubt even big modern kites bridled kites exceed 6m but i would love to have some actual measurements! (only have race kites here....)
Attachments
6m split 22m lines 3m separation.PNG
6m split 22m lines 2m separation.PNG
6m split 22m lines 2m separation zoom.PNG
These users thanked the author evan for the post:
1234567Simon (Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:13 pm)

Return to “Kitesurfing”