Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Slingshot 2021 Sentry V1 Bar (any beta?)

Forum for kitesurfers
granit02
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 77 kg
Local Beach: Queens beach North Redcliffe Qld Australia
Favorite Beaches: Queens Beach North Redcliffe Peninsula Queensland Australia
Style: kite foil and wing foil
Gear: Slingshot UFO V2 & V1, Slingwing V2, Javelin V1 Travelcraft V1 Wingcraft V2
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot Australia

Re: Slingshot 2021 Sentry V1 Bar (any beta?)

Postby granit02 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:33 am

fguinda,

I know the rope slider connection is in the works, no exact date just yet.

Grant

jkrug
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 200 lbs
Gear: stuff
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jkrug » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:21 pm

the autoswivel is a bad design. if you don't rig your lines properly, there will be a twist that cannot be undone without re-doing your lines. this may seem minor, but when you rig with the bar upside down as i do, it seems difficult to get that exactly right. so, it's not a feature but rather a flaw to me. my coating on the center main line started ripping away from the base after one session, and now half way up the coating is ripping apart. i've never have a bar fall apart so quick. i do like the thicker center lines though.

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:14 pm

jkrug wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:21 pm
my coating on the center main line started ripping away from the base after one session, and now half way up the coating is ripping apart. i've never have a bar fall apart so quick. i do like the thicker center lines though.
Could we get a pic or two? This is a deal breaker for me and any good reccomendation for newbs to get this bar.

That said, Slingshot has always been the best in the industry for availability and affordability of replacement parts. (FO Duotone/old North for trying to charge $90 for a CL replacement line)

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:47 pm

Faxie wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:25 pm
Because the centerhole sits too tight around the powerlines when steering, making sheeting while steering difficult, especially one handed (when you try to save the kite from crashing for instance)
Two weeks ago Matteo says:

I totally agree. Coated lines make it impossible to sheet in or out when you have the bar completely turned. This is when it is the most important to be able to sheet in and out if you are active with the kite or like to loop your jibes. And if you use smaller kites than average, you cant possibly deal with the reduced sheeting of a coated depower line set.

Today Matteo says:

The Duotone click bar sheets nearly indistinguishably from a bar with bare Dyneema lines. The Slingshot sentry V1.... I swear it sheets with the bar fully turned BETTER than with uncoated lines.

What a difference actually using something makes in your opinion of it. But then again, if you were unfortunate enough to have ever used the 2010 -2012 era Cabrinha coated depower line bars, then I guess you can be forgiven for thinking coatings are still worthless.

Sun
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tybee Island
Favorite Beaches: Cape Town, Cumbuco
Gear: 12m, 10m, 8m Dice SLS
6m Dice (2017)
Reedin Dreamstick X
Reedin Kev Pro 136 board w/ North Straps
Nobile XTR LW board
12m Hyperlink for LW
Mystic MajesticX Hardshell

Postby Sun » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:03 pm

jkrug wrote:
the autoswivel is a bad design. if you don't rig your lines properly, there will be a twist that cannot be undone without re-doing your lines. this may seem minor, but when you rig with the bar upside down as i do, it seems difficult to get that exactly right.
I do not understand what you are experiencing. You should be able to spin the bar until the center lines are untwisted, no? At worst you might be 180 degrees off if you rigged your lines without running them out. I guess the center lines cross/contact with only 180 degrees of rotation. Is that the issue?

Cheoz0r86
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 80-75
Local Beach: North down peninsula in Northern Ireland
Style: Freeride
Gear: 2022 11m core XR7, 2022 9m XR7. 137*41 2020 CF raptor

Postby Cheoz0r86 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:55 pm

jkrug wrote:
the autoswivel is a bad design. if you don't rig your lines properly, there will be a twist that cannot be undone without re-doing your lines. this may seem minor, but when you rig with the bar upside down as i do, it seems difficult to get that exactly right. so, it's not a feature but rather a flaw to me. my coating on the center main line started ripping away from the base after one session, and now half way up the coating is ripping apart. i've never have a bar fall apart so quick. i do like the thicker center lines though.
All you gotta do is to keep the bar close to the cleat and position properly the line distributor (no twists), if everything is properly organised from the cleat all the way up you shouldn't have any issues, I bought this bar 2 weeks ago and that happened the first time, now i keep an eye when setting up and everything is now working brilliant, love the bar, super smooth on the way up and down and not problems at all with the center coated lines. I think some people are just unlucky or way too rough with equipment
These users thanked the author Cheoz0r86 for the post:
Sun (Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:41 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:14 am

Sun wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:03 pm
jkrug wrote:
the autoswivel is a bad design. if you don't rig your lines properly, there will be a twist that cannot be undone without re-doing your lines. this may seem minor, but when you rig with the bar upside down as i do, it seems difficult to get that exactly right.
I do not understand what you are experiencing. You should be able to spin the bar until the center lines are untwisted, no? At worst you might be 180 degrees off if you rigged your lines without running them out. I guess the center lines cross/contact with only 180 degrees of rotation. Is that the issue?

He is right, it does not untwist if you start out with twisted lines.. It's the two center lines, with separate holes that create this situation. Not a big deal rigging it if you layout your line with a little more care. So far i am very happy with the bar.
These users thanked the author matth for the post:
Sun (Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:41 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

fguinda
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sotogrande, Spain
Tarifa, Spain
Estepona, Spain
Style: Straplesss
Gear: Slingshot

Postby fguinda » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:21 pm

granit02 wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:33 am
fguinda,

I know the rope slider connection is in the works, no exact date just yet.

Grant
parts just been uploaded to their website

https://slingshotsports.com/collections/bar-parts

Sun
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tybee Island
Favorite Beaches: Cape Town, Cumbuco
Gear: 12m, 10m, 8m Dice SLS
6m Dice (2017)
Reedin Dreamstick X
Reedin Kev Pro 136 board w/ North Straps
Nobile XTR LW board
12m Hyperlink for LW
Mystic MajesticX Hardshell

Postby Sun » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:24 pm

matth wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:14 am
Sun wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:03 pm
jkrug wrote:

He is right, it does not untwist if you start out with twisted lines.. It's the two center lines, with separate holes that create this situation. Not a big deal rigging it if you layout your line with a little more care. So far i am very happy with the bar.
Ah, I got it now. Since the center lines cannot rotate relative to the bar, your lines have to be run correctly before hooking them up to the kite. I can see how that will annoy some, but not it is not a deal breaker for me at all. Duotone Click bar and Reedin Dreamstick would have the same “issue” as this.

DAnderson
Medium Poster
Local Beach: SWFL
Gear: 14.5 A Flite
8/5 A Roam
18/12 soul 11/9 av8
15/9 s3
ha725/195
ML B3

Postby DAnderson » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:32 am

You must also put a finger in the center lines while walking the lines to rig correctly as there isn't a swivel above the bar. After getting into the habit, it's not a big deal to rig correctly from the start. Auto swivel is worth the extra step imo.

Return to “Kitesurfing”