Medium Poster
Local Beach: dolymounth
Favorite Beaches: porthmarnock
Style: beginner
Gear: rrd
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Cabrinha double agent

Postby zamo27 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:50 am

Wow, this topic is very two sided however I’m taking the hybrids skatey surf board with foil option side
In Ireland we have these different conditions and manufacturers wouldn’t just build these boards for the sake of it

I looked up a few of them and they seem very similar
Has anyone experience with any of these boards or what would you guys recommend
Duotone hybrid wave, Slingshot converter or the new cabrihna double agent

nixmatters
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Style: freeride. started foiling, not there yet
Gear: mostly custom made
Brand Affiliation: None currently

Postby nixmatters » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:15 am

Ah, you have great surf there! Get a proper surfboard shape, not a sufskate!

I did a quick search and think you can hardly find a better deal than this!
https://www.kites-and-more.com/foil-c3/ ... -2020-p846
The high rise lift foil is better than the old double agent, but if you can find a HiRise Carve set or additional front wing, it's even better for learning! For such prices I doubt you can't find anything better.

Duotone Hybrid is more expensive and has a fixed mast position (no thacks) which I don't like, although it saves some weight.
The Slingshot Converter is great too, but sold out since months in Europe and no deals for last year model.

Is it now easier for you guys to buy stuff from UK or from Europe?
These users thanked the author nixmatters for the post:
zamo27 (Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:02 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Mikkelza
Medium Poster
Gear: Wave + foil

Postby Mikkelza » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:01 pm

I cannot comment on the cabrinha double agent, but the Slingshot converter is create as a board for two sports. However, the converter is also build and shaped like a 'real kite surfboard', which is not the case for the double agent

papasmerf
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Weight: 195
Local Beach: west coast
Style: lawn mower
Gear: Slingshot, North, moses, flysurfers, some ozone again, and 17 years of accumulated kite stuff
Brand Affiliation: I like slingshot and north. good folks

Postby papasmerf » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:56 pm

zamo27 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:05 am
I want to ease myself into foiling and I’m looking at the double agent as my entry level into this category of kitesurfing. I have only ever been on twin tips
Is cabrihna double agent my best option to start on this year learning to use a surf board with fins and then hopefully buy the foil next year

Any other boards that offer both setups
I don’t have endless time on the beach hence why I need to do it progressively and not buy a foil which mightn’t take off
i started last year on the cabrinha double agent. it was free and loaned to me by a friend. although i saved some money by not getting my own setup,,, in the long run and looking back, i now wish i had just bought much earlier what i mostly use now, which is a North Sonar with 1150 and 1650 wings on an 85cm mast. i remember being shocked at how smooth that 1150 wing rode, it was light years ahead of the old cabrinha. maybe the cabrinha double agent you are looking at is newer or something,, i don't know.

i found the older cabrinha double agent really holds you back after a few sessions, and when you eventually upgrade, you have to re-learn a lot of muscle memory stuff. i wasted alot of time. if you don't have endless time on the beach,, buy something nice the first time and it will last you for years. the North Sonar now comes with a carbon mast and fuselage option with a bunch of new front wings. i ride mine on some slingshot foil boards, mostly a hypermiler and sometimes a bird.

HugoMC
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Dolly
Style: Freeride
Gear: Gaastra Pure :)

Postby HugoMC » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:15 pm

Hi, I used the Double Agent as my starter board. Also based in Ireland as it happens 🇮🇪

It is a brilliant board. I really liked it. Super slow and easy to foil on. The board has little or no float which makes life a lot easier to water start than a board with float such as surfboard.

If you can get one at a decent second hand price I would go for it. Sell it on in a year or so when you want to upgrade. I skimmed on the board a few times. It's useful if are somewhere where the water is super shallow.

I mainly ride surfboards and I would prefer to have a separate foil/surf board. Reason being in Ireland the wind goes up and down in windspeed a lot. I usually take two boards and one kite. Switch from foil to surfboard if the wind picks up and vice versa. Just my 2 cents.

Whatever you do. Enjoy foiling. You will get so many more days on the foil 👍
These users thanked the author HugoMC for the post:
zamo27 (Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:02 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Hydrofoil”