Gear: Duotone Evo D/Lab 8/11m
Duotone Rebel 9m
Duotone Jamie SLS 136cm
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Jacksonville Beach Florida - Looking for kite buddies

Postby brad_jax » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:37 pm

Hey guys, new to the forums.

I'm just getting back into kiting after not having done it for a couple years and would classify myself as a advanced beginner haha.

I'm looking for people to kite with in Jax Beach Fl or the Northeast Fl in general. If any of you guys are on here give me a shout would love to connect and have some sessions!

bkkite
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Oyster Bay
Favorite Beaches: Dakhla
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR5 15m , xlite 12m, Nexus 2 9m, XR5 7m

Core Fusion 139, Slingshot Celero 5’8, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 110cm with a Hover Glide Foil and Apollo 60 front wing

Re: Jacksonville Beach Florida - Looking for kite buddies

Postby bkkite » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:56 pm

My in-laws live down there, but since COVID and my newborn I haven't been down as much. People were super approachable and really nice, met a lot of them by just walking out and chatting with them on Atlantic Beach. Did a few down winders with random people I met from AB down to Jax peer, what a fun spot.

I'll definitely hit you up if I can get down there later this year. Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Jaco
Frequent Poster
Style: Waves
Gear: Naish

Postby Jaco » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:26 pm

I spent some timing living in Jax Beach and there's a very active kite crew there. Two main riding spots 1) Huguenot Park and 2) 37th Ave S.

Checkout either one of those spots on the next windy day and there should be several friendly local people out there.

bkkite
Very Frequent Poster

Core Fusion 139, Slingshot Celero 5’8, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 110cm with a Hover Glide Foil and Apollo 60 front wing

Postby bkkite » Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:59 pm

Jaco wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:26 pm
I spent some timing living in Jax Beach and there's a very active kite crew there. Two main riding spots 1) Huguenot Park and 2) 37th Ave S.

Checkout either one of those spots on the next windy day and there should be several friendly local people out there.
Im around Jax, is there anywhere to ride on west wind? Anywhere w deep enough water to foil?

brad_jax
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Weight: 165
Local Beach: La Ventana Mexico
Jacksonville Beach FL
Style: Freestyle/Big Air
Gear: Duotone Evo D/Lab 8/11m
Duotone Rebel 9m
Duotone Jamie SLS 136cm

Postby brad_jax » Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:04 pm

bkkite wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:59 pm
Jaco wrote:

Im around Jax, is there anywhere to ride on west wind? Anywhere w deep enough water to foil?
I don’t live in Jax anymore but got a lot of buddies that do still. Happy to connect you guys if you don’t already know the crew.

Only spot to ride on west is huegenot. It’s fine to fill above mid tide to high.
These users thanked the author brad_jax for the post:
bkkite (Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:59 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

bkkite
Very Frequent Poster

Postby bkkite » Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:13 pm

Would love an intro. I don't live here, but I visit family here a few times a year. Mostly foil jax beach, but every once and while I'll get optimistic and bring a twin tip or a surf board :)

bkkite
Very Frequent Poster

Postby bkkite » Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:59 pm

brad_jax wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:04 pm
bkkite wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:59 pm
Jaco wrote:

I don’t live in Jax anymore but got a lot of buddies that do still. Happy to connect you guys if you don’t already know the crew.

Only spot to ride on west is huegenot. It’s fine to fill above mid tide to high.
Thanks for the tip, got a great session on a west wind between two thunderstorms yesterday

Was pumped after a few days of offshore wind

Return to “Kitesurfing”