Re: Core Kite with Low V Bar

Postby kitexpert » Fri May 07, 2021 5:09 pm

Leon van Bergen wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:18 pm
kitexpert wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 12:56 pm
Leon van Bergen wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 12:07 pm
Interesting topic! I use a Click bar on my Duotone kites.
I have been in doubt for a long time about flying my Duotone Rebels on the low V, does anyone have experience with that and can explain the difference in feel compared with the Y?
If you believe hard that Rebel flies worse with low V it certainly can feel worse then, and vice versa.

For kite it is pretty much same if front lines pull few degrees tighter or wider angle, difference is very small in current systems. Line length is much more significant for how kite behaves and feels.

It is another question if front line - back line length ratio remains the same when changing from high Y to low V. If line set lengths are measured (calibrated) similarly to equal length (trimmer open, bar sheeted fully in) they certainly aren't same: high Y front lines go through the bend which makes them effectively shorter. So you have to make some adjustment for back lines if you change from high Y to low V (assuming they are similarly calibrated to same length)
Thanks for taking time to reply but I asked a completely different question. I've never talked about believing hard in flying worse...?

Again, i asked if anyone with the same setup has changed from Y to V before and i like to hear their findings..
What do you mean "with the same setup"? If line lengths are corrected so that front line - back line ratio is same kite flies the same, (theoretically low V could be slightly better).

If you think differently it is a matter of belief ("Duotone kite needs Duotone bar, Core kite Core bar" etc.) Many kiters are very brand loyal and have almost blind faith for what they told them.

But if you replace high Y to low V (and line lengths are measured and adjusted same in usual manner) kite definitely feels and flies differently - and worse - because high Y kite was designed for high Y line lengths.

Return to “Kitesurfing”