Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Why do lines tangle when you release safety

Forum for kitesurfers
Herman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: My Own.
Gear: SLE, foils and C kites, TTs, Directionals, Landboards, Buggy.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Why do lines tangle when you release safety

Postby Herman » Sat May 08, 2021 4:27 pm

Hi Billie, I live next to surf beach on west coast of Wales. As long as a foot of surf has been running the sand is polished flat and hard packed. Gives me about a 500m reach. Relatively easy to break traction and slide about. I mostly buggy when it is light wind or from a gusty direction otherwise I kitesurfing or landboard. A short drive away we have Pendine and Pembrey again hard packed sand where you have miles of room. Pendine was where a lot of landspeed records were set before that scene moved to your dry lake beds. Mostly prefer a bar but get the fixed bridles and handles out for a quick play in dodgy conditions. Lots of strong wind but apart from a few days of summerbreeze all driven by Atlantic weather systems. Keeps me off the streets. Sadly never been on a dry lake.

Kiteaddicted
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Pt Chev, Auckland
Favorite Beaches: Te Atatu, Auckland
St Kilda, Melbourne
Style: Freeride
Gear: Airrush Switch twin tip
Naish Global Surfboard
9m Slingshot Rally
12m Airush Union
18m Airush Lithium Zero

Postby Kiteaddicted » Sat May 08, 2021 4:52 pm

Hi, is anyone going to suggest not flagging out to drop the kite? Putting the kite to the edge of the window (either side) and grabbing the middle line furthest from the water will drop the kite onto its edge. keep pulling on that line and walk towards the kite. key to safety is not letting go even if the kite leaves the water. once kite secure (leash onto kite) wind lines ono the bar. Done. then when at the beach when disconnecting lines connext the middle line to the closest steer line for fast set up next time.

Herman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: My Own.
Gear: SLE, foils and C kites, TTs, Directionals, Landboards, Buggy.

Postby Herman » Sat May 08, 2021 5:31 pm

I mentioned walking the lines as a consideration for the future. As a newer kites I think the OP should practice this on land in light conditions before doing it on water. I think he should practice putting the kite on its tip and walking the lines in 3 ways.

1. Both front lines.
2. Just bottom front line.
3. Pulling kite over onto LE with top front line.

You may find that your kite does not like being pulled onto the LE (maybe big square tips) then you need a controlled crash onto the LE as you grab and pull in top front line. These are not newbie techniques imho.

Sea state can be your friend if you are overpowered and need to drown a kite but again tough for a newbie.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sun May 09, 2021 12:04 am

Herman wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 4:27 pm
Hi Billie,
So Awesome !

Keep charging Dudster ; feels good, knowing there's other humans
out there , (in a world , Full of Schmucks) !!!!

Bille
These users thanked the author Bille for the post:
Herman (Sun May 09, 2021 12:05 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”