Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Eleveight CS vary: v3 2021 vs old model

Forum for kitesurfers
Youtch
Frequent Poster

Re: Eleveight CS vary: v3 2021 vs old model

Postby Youtch » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:36 pm

Any news about the new bar?

It was supposed to be my birthday gift now late and switched to Christmas gift...

:-)

Saltyman
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 85kg
Style: Freeride/wakestyle, old school big air
Gear: Slingshot,Naish, Cabrinha,
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Saltyman » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:07 pm

The old bars are fine.
Please don't follow the pack with a weaker Pu coated depower.🙏 The CS2 bar is awesome super strong fast replacement if needed.
But looks like you are going down the Pu track.
The new slingshot sentry bar V1 is double Pu so at least you know that the depower isn't a thinner weaker line.
Like some brands have currently.
And are now breaking.
One crack or split in that Pu casing and it's game over.

Sun
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tybee Island
Favorite Beaches: Cape Town, Cumbuco
Gear: 12m, 10m, 8m Dice SLS
6m Dice (2017)
Reedin Dreamstick X
Reedin Kev Pro 136 board w/ North Straps
Nobile XTR LW board
12m Hyperlink for LW
Mystic MajesticX Hardshell

Postby Sun » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:41 pm

Saltyman wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:07 pm
The new slingshot sentry bar V1 is double Pu so at least you know that the depower isn't a thinner weaker line.
I don’t mean to ruin your impression, but I thought the Sentry only has the one PU coated main line, and the other parallel line is just a tube for the thin safety line. There is no third thin safety line, so the single flag line MUST run thorough one of the PU tubes.

Saltyman
Frequent Poster

Postby Saltyman » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:45 am

It has 2 Pu coated but it's a double depower line.
If you look at the product video.
So added strength so they say.
And yes a safety does probably runs through one. As can't see the safety running through by itself.
Not hating everyone has their opinion on Pu coated lines.
All good just hope new Eleveight has same strength and weight load as non Pu coated.

RasmusP
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Weight: 90kg
Local Beach: Northern Germany
Gear: Raptor '20 9m, Edge v10 11m, Pivot '19 12m, Zephyr v5 17m

Re: Eleveight CS vary 2021 vs 2020

Postby RasmusP » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:12 am

Eleveight Kites wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:24 pm
Hi Youtch,

Thanks for your message and comments. On some products we have a yearly millesime, on some others we don't. Bar is tipically a product that is not easy to change completely from one year to another, but we always work on improving our products. Yes, we were planning a release of an updated version by July this year, but our friend COVID19 caused a lot of delays in the production of the new parts... As you said, next bar will improve with a new depower line made out of spectra covered by TPU, and most important, we will release soon the new Quick matic V2. We can already say that it will be the most innovative and easy click in function on the market, we still don't have an exact date for it, but it will be somewhere in the autumn. Bar stick, lines and bar foams will be the same anyway, so we will propose for next year a Quick matic V2 "kit", that our customers will be able to adapt on the current bar. Any question is welcome. Thank you guys for riding Eleveight.
Hi,
I want to buy a used 2020 bar from a friend and would love to upgrade it to the Quick Matic V2 (and maybe to the PU covered depower line) but I can't find any info on that upgrade kit and my local dealer has no clue either although he's selling Eleveight stuff.
Do you have any info on this and if so, maybe a price region too?

Thanks for the great products, definitely filling a niche that we didn't know was there!

Saltyman
Frequent Poster

Postby Saltyman » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:54 am

Your Eleveight dealer should have the prices for the upgrade they have been out for a while now.
I would say around 230 euros maybe less. For the complete set up.
I'm not based in Europe but I am sure that it wouldn't be much more than that if so wouldn't be that much more$$.
And yes it will be compatible with the 2020 bar.
All the best with it.
Looks like a super easy change over as well.
Looks like maybe hard to get atm as a lot of team riders are still on the 2021 model bar.

Kitedicted
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Gear: Orbit 22 11/9

Postby Kitedicted » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:05 pm

Saltyman wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:45 am
It has 2 Pu coated but it's a double depower line.
If you look at the product video.
So added strength so they say.
And yes a safety does probably runs through one. As can't see the safety running through by itself.
Not hating everyone has their opinion on Pu coated lines.
All good just hope new Eleveight has same strength and weight load as non Pu coated.
No, if you look at slingshots how to replace the c
Pu coated centerlines they demonstrate how you thread the safety bungee through an empty center line pu tube. One depower line.

Saltyman
Frequent Poster

Postby Saltyman » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:08 pm

IMG_20210605_080119_715.jpg
Eyelit
It just has a eyelit in the middle of bar so it's a auto untwist.

So double depower as you can see it might be one to change over but by running it through the eyelit effectively makes it double or as they say in product video it still only has one spectra line linking it up so promo is just saying double for extra strength?.
I'm getting the new Eleveight bar nxt month so will be a single line but I like Eleveight gear so the spectra will be strong enough imo like most brands.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:02 am

Saltyman wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:08 pm
IMG_20210605_080119_715.jpg
It just has a eyelit in the middle of bar so it's a auto untwist.

So double depower as you can see it might be one to change over but by running it through the eyelit effectively makes it double or as they say in product video it still only has one spectra line linking it up so promo is just saying double for extra strength?.
I'm getting the new Eleveight bar nxt month so will be a single line but I like Eleveight gear so the spectra will be strong enough imo like most brands.
What they mean, is that only one of the lines is load bearing. The other one has the safetyline, and because there are 2 PU lines in total (so only one load bearing, one for safety) the autoswivel can work.

I'm not too sure about the longetivity of the safetyline though... lines that aren't completely snug inside the PU tend to weaken over time because of sand and friction. Also, resetting the safety took a good tug to get the line back inside the PU, so I'm worried about older Cabrinha cases, where the safetyline would get stuck on the PU when releasing, but time will tell...

Youtch
Frequent Poster

Postby Youtch » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:48 am

There seems to be 2 bars now in the catalog for 2021, one vary and one vary plus.

What is the difference between those 2?

Return to “Kitesurfing”