Eleveight XS vs North Orbit

Postby alexeyga » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:48 pm

Anybody had a chance to compare these?

Low end?
High end?
Boosting?
Looping?
Bar pressure?

Orbit is known for having low bar pressure and being very blunt in terms of how it feels regardless of being under/well/over-powered. It doesn't get twitchy or nervous. How's XS in that regard?

Thx!
Last edited by alexeyga on Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Eleveight XS VS North Orbit

Postby Pemba » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:07 am

alexeyga wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:48 pm

Low end?
High end?
Boosting?
Looping?

Orbit is known for having low bar pressure and being very blunt in terms of how it feels regardless of being under/well/over-powered. It doesn't get twitchy or nervous. How's XS in that regard?

Thx!

Refreshing
Also interested..

Pitu
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Gear: 2020 Naish Pivot 7,9,12
CrazyFly Raptor

Postby Pitu » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:48 am

I've ridden a 10m 2021 orbit in 20-23kts which felt like I was comfortably within the "green" range of the kite. The boosting was good, looping on 6-7m height felt almost effortless. Front stalls were definitely an issue though, or maybe I'm just a shit rider. After a while the wind dropped to 17-20kts which made the kite feel very sluggish and basically made it not that fun to be out on in those conditions, especially compared to my Pivot.

Haven't ridden the XS, but Milan Lukic looked pretty dialed in on that thing at Full Power Tarifa.

Cheoz0r86
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 80-75
Local Beach: North down peninsula in Northern Ireland
Style: Freeride
Gear: 2022 11m core XR7, 2022 9m XR7. 137*41 2020 CF raptor

Postby Cheoz0r86 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:00 am

I haven't ridden the xs, but the orbit. All I can say is the orbit is a fast kite however way off my skill level my jumps average is 9m so I think I can call myself early intermediate, you need very precise control with the orbit, I used to ride 2017 rebels and my actual quiver are 2020 cf hypers, I think the xs is close to the hyper (strong low end grunt, massive hangtime and very stable at the edge of the window)

I have also tried the xr6 and in terms of ease of use I'll xr6 is the mellowest, hyper with tons of low end grunt heavier bar pressure and slightly more direct feeling, 2017 rebels sitting between the xr6 and hyper and then the orbit, very quick, loops in a blink of an eye, weak low end and doesn't like to be put at 12 very easy to over fly.

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos

Postby Robsw6 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:12 pm

Hi, I have the Orbit2s - for me they feel like a cross over between an Ozone Edge & Pivot. For me, the kite feels a bit more technical than a Pivot - but not much, as you have to have a fairly dialled technique for jumps >14m on either kite. The Orbit2 feels v precise in the air - if it feels sluggish, it sounds like the kite isnt trimmed properly (i.e. too much depower for the size). The caveat I would add is that the Orbit2s work best powered up - I use my 10m in 30-35knots and below 30knts, I would go on a 11m. For kites that work better, less powered up, I would go for the Pivot or Reedin (I have had Pivots in te past & really liked them - I have some Reedins & they are v nice, but better on a SB).

Kristan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plescheevo lake
Favorite Beaches: Mejvodnoye, Crimea
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Eleveight XS 14m, Paraavis Smile 3 15m. Boards: Flysurfer Radical 6 144x46, Flysurfer Flydoor4 170x50

Re: Eleveight XS vs North Orbit

Postby Kristan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:26 am

I don't have much of experience on my XS, didn't have the appropriate conditions to ride it through. So far that's what I got:
Generates loads of power really quick, bar pressure on default settings is too light to be informative, great stability, a bit demanding to jumping technique, but rewards with huge boosts and soft landings, didn't loop it yet, on my skill level and kite size it's rather suicide, for 14m low end is 10 knots, high end is probably somewhere at 24 knots. Not to mention that XS has lots of tuning options to meet your needs.
Didn't test the Orbit, can't compare. Right here retail price of Orbit 2021 is ridiculously high comparing to XS 2021.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:20 pm

risovach.ru.jpg
risovach.ru.jpg (60.7 KiB) Viewed 2284 times

OG_kite
Rare Poster
Weight: 90kg
Local Beach: Exmouth
Gear: Allsorts
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby OG_kite » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:18 pm

Has anyone got any updated feed back on this topic? Trying to decide between the two. 9m

OG_kite
Rare Poster
Weight: 90kg
Local Beach: Exmouth
Gear: Allsorts
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby OG_kite » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:20 pm

Has anyone got any updated feed back on this topic? Trying to decide between the two. 9m
Pemba wrote:
alexeyga wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:48 pm

Low end?
High end?
Boosting?
Looping?

Thx!

Refreshing
Also interested..

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:27 pm

I think the orbit is better. For me handling is more important than pure numbers and the orbit feels more responsive and reliable. The rs though that's a fantastic kite get that instead if you want elevate

Return to “Kitesurfing”