Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Core Sensor 2

Forum for kitesurfers
SpaceRacer
Frequent Poster

Core Sensor 2

Postby SpaceRacer » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:02 pm

Hi, I have one Core Sensor 2 bar and have 2 questions:

1) How do you self land on this bar? I have the Core Sections and a Core LW Free.

2) Does this bar with the double front line flag out have any safety or depower concerns compared to a single line flag out?

SR

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Re: Core Sensor 2

Postby PullStrings » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:20 pm

It is the easiest kite bar there is to walk up the front lines to the kite.

No QR needed .

Don't know about flagging.

You got a good 4 meters of double thick lines to climb to the V.

Then an easy walk to the kite.

See other thread where you had question.

Explained in details.

I'm familiar also with 5th Element North bar landings.

Easy also to walk them up.

bkkite
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Oyster Bay
Favorite Beaches: Dakhla
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR5 15m , xlite 12m, Nexus 2 9m, XR5 7m

Core Fusion 139, Slingshot Celero 5’8, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 110cm with a Hover Glide Foil and Apollo 60 front wing
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Core Sensor 2

Postby bkkite » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:04 am

1) you just have to get up to the high y quickly when flagging to be able to pull the one closest to you to make it turn into the wind.

I usually pull 10ft / 3 meters up and then walk up the lines quickly to the y to make sure you get there before the kite relaunches. I would try this a few times on light wind days before I tried with any real amounts of wind. If I’m powered up, I almost always tether or have someone help to be precautious.

2) I rode a core 2 sensor and core 2 sensor pro for 3 years and never had a problem. When you quick release sometimes it doesn’t fully depower instantly, but I’ve never had an issue that a quick tug didn’t sort out. I just bought a sensor 3 to have the push QR when other people use my bar, the twist was just non standard and not familiar, so I made the switch. The QR on the new bar seems pretty similar , maybe a touch quicker

Return to “Kitesurfing”