FlySurfer 15m Boost (Need Support)

Forum for kitesurfers
s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

FlySurfer 15m Boost (Need Support)

Postby s1buell_wl » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:18 pm

First about me I live in Brazil and have been kit'n for a long time (15y+/- )and have owned almost every type of kite.

Now my issue. I bought a used 2021 Boost from a guy in the USA. I told me he was selling the kite because he always felt over powered in the kite (cool everyone has their limits). I love my 15m Ozone Edge in 20+ knots, I love to kite powered and all me gear is aligned to do exactly this.

So back to the kite, When it arrived here (for sure new and almost no signs of wear, I found one little pin hole in the canopy that I fixed (Cactus type).

Oh one more thing I also just received my FlySurfer 13m Boost 2021.... This is by far the best kite I've had.... It's..... Its perfect. The name is correct, looping with ease everyone on the beach wants one... (this topic is for another post). My point is I have an idea what the 15m Boost should act like.... But the 15m is not even close.

Kit performance Issue 15m Boost 2021:

1. It's pulling like a truck. When I say pulling I mean pulling you forward (not in a correct way)
2. Any little change in wind and you just get almost ripped off your board (sub 15kns)
3. The only way to control the kite +/- is to add the pigtails allowing you to de-camber the kite (but now the kite is useless)

Questions to Flysurfer
1. Is there a critical design change between the 13m and 15m?
2. Is it possible this kite has the wrong bridles (or something) from the factory? Can we run through some testing to confirm (send me some specs to measure)

I love the 13m Boost and highly recommend this to anyone looking to boost high do some great air style ticks.... But the 15m is unusable. I really need a 15m kite in the kit. Normally I would sell the kite and move on but if there is a chance to get this 15m working like the 13m Wow.

papasmerf
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Weight: 195
Local Beach: west coast
Style: lawn mower
Gear: Slingshot, North, moses, flysurfers, some ozone again, and 17 years of accumulated kite stuff
Brand Affiliation: I like slingshot and north. good folks

Re: FlySurfer 15m Boost (Need Support)

Postby papasmerf » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:17 pm

ironically,, i also just sold my 15m boost 3 to a friend in alaska,, and 11m and 13m boost 3 to a gent in dakota. only sold because i started foiling and the 5 strut was just a little to heavy for my style. but i kept my 13m boost 1, which is one of my favorite boosting kites. i liked it better than the 13m v3 boost. perhaps i am just used to it more.

to answer your question,, i did not have any real issues with the 15m, i didn't spend too much time on it but seemed fine. maybe give it a couple more sessions and see if it grows on you?

Nem0
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: rectalcity
Favorite Beaches: Hörnum on the island Sylt (West- and Eastcoast)
Gear: 18m Sonic3 + 12m Soul2 + 8m Sonic4 + 133x42 ZERO-G + Spleene CarbonPro Monsterdoor

Postby Nem0 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:54 pm

Do you talking about Boost3 or Boost4?

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:57 am

papasmerf wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:17 pm
ironically,, i also just sold my 15m boost 3 to a friend in alaska,, and 11m and 13m boost 3 to a gent in dakota. only sold because i started foiling and the 5 strut was just a little to heavy for my style. but i kept my 13m boost 1, which is one of my favorite boosting kites. i liked it better than the 13m v3 boost. perhaps i am just used to it more.

to answer your question,, i did not have any real issues with the 15m, i didn't spend too much time on it but seemed fine. maybe give it a couple more sessions and see if it grows on you?
Na I already have put many sessions on the kite trying to find a fix for it... I hate riding the kite.

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:57 am

Nem0 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:54 pm
Do you talking about Boost3 or Boost4?
Boost3 I don't believe the Boost4 is out.

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:59 am

Sorry I just seen the Boost4 is out.

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:15 pm

Imagine a kite that just pulls and does not fly. After fighting the kite for 30min no one wants to fly it. Your back, arms and legs are tired.

I have had many other kiters confirm my findings. Boost3 13m (perfect kite).... So what's going on with this Boost3 15m? Its only 2m difference in kite..... Not a lot.....

In the same wind I can launch and ride a 2020 15m Edge with ease.... Boost high board passes no issue.....

I cant tell you how much I like the Boost3 13m, I prefer it to the Core XR7 and the core XR7 is an amazing kite. I want the same in a 15m I would hate to go back to the Ozone but that's what its looking like.

Breze
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 90kg
Style: Foiling
Gear: Foils&Tubes

Postby Breze » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:29 pm

Did you check the TE (!) Bridle? Twists etc. Have a look at the FS lineplan for exact length

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:35 pm

Breze wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:29 pm
Did you check the TE (!) Bridle? Twists etc. Have a look at the FS lineplan for exact length
I'm going to check the line plan, But yes I've checked everything... There is something really wrong with this kite! Its almost like the angle of attack is 2X what it should be.... Imagine you are being pull behind a truck..... It does not fly it just pulls.....

T

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:42 pm

I wish some one from Flysurfer would enter here and let me know you there is any major design changes from the Boost13m and 15m.... If no then I know there is something else wrong.

Return to “Kitesurfing”