Gear: Flysurfer Boost 7m 9m 11m
Vantage Vulture 9m
Woodboard Crbn 138x42
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Any Vantage kite reviews?

Postby juergen_90 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:31 pm

Toby wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:10 pm
so the "teamriders" pay for the development.

No one works for free if it comes to gear. So, they will make some money. How much do you need if all costs are covered?

Smart marketing.
Pay for a „part“ of the development, there is still ongoing costs for engineering, servers, administration all that staff and people involved that keeps a company running not forget about the initial costs they aren’t all over developing just for halve a year or so.

Jeremey76
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: katwijk aan zee
Favorite Beaches: katwijk aan Zee Dolphins beach Hermanus
Style: free ride big air
Gear: North Atmos hybrid 2023 North orbit 2023 8-9-12. Flysurfer soul2 18

Postby Jeremey76 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:02 pm

so i friend of mine has them 9 and a 7 has not tested it yet just pumped them up on the beach nothing special but when i asked him so do you need to fill out some forms or give feedback maybe provide data from difrent bridels etc he smiled and said NO and responded but hey 2 kites and one bar for 1800 eu is cheap right?

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:17 pm

And the cost would be 300 USD a kite and 150 a bar...total 750...

Marketing.

juergen_90
Rare Poster
Vantage Vulture 9m
Woodboard Crbn 138x42

Postby juergen_90 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:00 pm

Toby wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:17 pm
And the cost would be 300 USD a kite and 150 a bar...total 750...

Marketing.
So at least you now see what big brands are actually earning? You think that margin is somehow justified? In my opinion it’s not!
I also don’t fully believe in your figures, quantity is very low for vantage. So I believe more of the facts delivered by Dimitri here viewtopic.php?t=2382855&start=50#top . It’s an old post so I guess prices raised a bit since back then. So I guess it’s more of 600USD for a 12m kite.

juergen_90
Rare Poster
Vantage Vulture 9m
Woodboard Crbn 138x42

Postby juergen_90 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:54 pm

For anyone interested, the 2021 #devteamrider program is now live 🤙 https://www.vantagekites.com/kite-development-program/

ADLucio
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2021
Weight: 85
Local Beach: Toronto
Favorite Beaches: Cherry beach - Lake Simcoe - Brazil
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Contra 15m - Vulture 12m

Postby ADLucio » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:16 pm

Hi guys,
Just went through all the comments and here is a feedback from a newbie ... I just started kitting this year.

After buying a Used Contra 15m to start riding, I was shopping for a brand new kite, smaller for strong winds.
Doing some research, I found the Vantage brand but not too much about them besides the information on their website.
I contacted them and got few more questions responded and in the end I decide to give a chance and invest in the so called "innovative product". (refusing some BIG brand sale on my region)
It was not cheap tho, I paid around 1400 euros total including shipping and taxes for a Vulture v2 12m + Newton bar.

I was very excited to receive the package which I waited more than 1 month to be delivered (in Canada) ... June 2021

Now the real thing, after opening my package I did not find anything else than a Bar, Backpack and Kite! yeah nothing else! No rider ID (as promised), no Owner's Manual, no Starter guide, no instructions, no repair kit, no flyers, nothing ....
I was very disappointed because after all, I decided to buy a very new Brand which I thought would have some care for the new customers...
After contacting them again, the explanation was that maybe they "forgot" to pack the other items in my shipment.

Kite pumped up, could not find anything new compared to my Cabrinha Contra, the design is a little different but the structure and shape, basically the same.

So, just understand that since this is a new brand getting started, the marketing is heavy ... not so much anymore since they reached their goal of "First riders", what means, enough people to finance the cost of trying to launch a new Brand!

I have to let clear as well that I don't think that it is a bad kite! but also, is not a game changer as promoted ... Maybe in the future!

In the case any of you decide to go for it, I just hope that you do not have the same experience as me ... a better treatment would be welcome!

Cheers!

bragnouff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: New Brighton
Gear: Boards: Alkita boards
Zeeko Slash/AirWave/Scrambler
Amundson Johno
Foils: Spitfire XLW/ XXLW. GoFoil NL130/160/190
Kites: FS Peaks
HB Legion
Wings:Zeeko Carve
HB Flair/Guide...
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast / Zeeko & HB Pimp

Postby bragnouff » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:57 pm

I thought the whole idea of Vantage was to collect data from their pool of riders, to feedback into the dev process. At least that was the case in their initial offering when I was semi-interested (until I realized this was a freestyle/boost kite and I'm wave-minded). Anyway, sticking to that approach, that wouldn't be unreasonable to have a slightly unfinished product (no useless fluff like a user guide, etc...), as it is still in development stage, and the targeted demographics wouldn't care much, as long as they save a few bucks. But then, I'd guess they wouldn't really take newbies in the devteamriders, that'd be dumb.
That was before though... maybe they have changed their strategy and are actually making a proper product... Maybe time to revisit what they are doing. If I'd care...

ADLucio
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2021
Weight: 85
Local Beach: Toronto
Favorite Beaches: Cherry beach - Lake Simcoe - Brazil
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Contra 15m - Vulture 12m

Postby ADLucio » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:15 am

bragnouff wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:57 pm
I thought the whole idea of Vantage was to collect data from their pool of riders, to feedback into the dev process. At least that was the case in their initial offering when I was semi-interested (until I realized this was a freestyle/boost kite and I'm wave-minded). Anyway, sticking to that approach, that wouldn't be unreasonable to have a slightly unfinished product (no useless fluff like a user guide, etc...), as it is still in development stage, and the targeted demographics wouldn't care much, as long as they save a few bucks. But then, I'd guess they wouldn't really take newbies in the devteamriders, that'd be dumb.
That was before though... maybe they have changed their strategy and are actually making a proper product... Maybe time to revisit what they are doing. If I'd care...
Totally agree... Maybe is time to review what they really have to offer.
I don't see any advantage going in their direction instead of sticking to the big known brands.

NorwayIsCold
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sola beach, Stavanger, Norway
Favorite Beaches: Jeri
Style: Freestyle, getting into wakestyle
Gear: North Dice 2015 - 11m
North Dice 2014 - 8m
North Dice 2018 - 12m, 9m
North Click bar
Slingshot Widowmaker 2015
Saul Customs - Modified Pure 2.0
Ronix One boots
Mystic Majestic X
Manera wetsuit

Postby NorwayIsCold » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:45 pm

Any news or reviews on second generation of Vulture?

dice
Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Hadlow ID

Postby dice » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:25 pm

bragnouff wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:57 pm
I thought the whole idea of Vantage was to collect data from their pool of riders, to feedback into the dev process.
I thought it was computerized data and not data from riders. Because that would be no different than any other brand.
I thought the whole idea behind Vantage is that they used computer algorithms to calculate the best way to design a kite.

Return to “Kitesurfing”