Weatherman112
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: surfboard
Gear: Duotone Neo, provoke & custom surfboard
Brand Affiliation: None

Directional size advice, Duotone Pro Voke

Postby Weatherman112 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:28 pm

Does anyone have experience riding the pro voke as a heavy/tall kiter? I'm looking for a new strapless board (right now i use a verry big north nugget)
I'm able to get a verry good deal on a 5'3 Pro voke, but i'm not sure if this board is suited for tall and heavy guys (verry tall and 95kg).

On the Duotone website it states that its for 80KG + riders, but various websites say that the board was made for leightweight kiters and only suited for 70-90kg's.
Any thoughts or advice is apreciated!

Weatherman112
Rare Poster

Re: Directional size advice, Duotone Pro Voke

Postby Weatherman112 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:55 am

Maybe someone with a similar board shape knows?

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:56 pm

Weatherman112 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:28 pm
Does anyone have experience riding the pro voke as a heavy/tall kiter? I'm looking for a new strapless board (right now i use a verry big north nugget)
I'm able to get a verry good deal on a 5'3 Pro voke, but i'm not sure if this board is suited for tall and heavy guys (verry tall and 95kg).

On the Duotone website it states that its for 80KG + riders, but various websites say that the board was made for leightweight kiters and only suited for 70-90kg's.
Don't always trust what other websites are indicating. The 5'3 Pro Voke is just over 24 liters which is a lot of volume for a kite surfboard. As Duotone indicates, the 5'3 is designed for riders 80kg and up. Your height isn't as much of an issue for sizing unless you're unusually tall (e.g. 200cm+). If that's the case, your leg inseam may require a longer board for an ideal stance width. :thumb:
These users thanked the author Da Yoda for the post:
Weatherman112 (Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:45 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Weatherman112
Rare Poster

Postby Weatherman112 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:50 pm

Da Yoda wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:56 pm
Weatherman112 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:28 pm

Don't always trust what other websites are indicating. The 5'3 Pro Voke is just over 24 liters which is a lot of volume for a kite surfboard. As Duotone indicates, the 5'3 is designed for riders 80kg and up. Your height isn't as much of an issue for sizing unless you're unusually tall (e.g. 200cm+). If that's the case, your leg inseam may require a longer board for an ideal stance width. :thumb:
Thanks, i actually am above 200cm tall haha (206cm!), but i guess i'll have that problem with most strapless freestyle oriënted models.
Unfortunately i cannot take one out for a testride, so i'll have to take a guess. My twintip is 139x41 and i ride that without any issues.

I was thinking the strapless models would suit my height a bit bitter because of the freedom of movement. The stance on the Voke seems also a bit more centered like a twintip, not sure if that would help though.

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:24 pm

Hi there. Would perhaps whip 5’5 be better option for you? It has a bit more volume, and it’s longer and wider, which should help a bit for early planing and also you would have a bit more room for better stance?
These users thanked the author omg for the post:
Weatherman112 (Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:46 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Weatherman112
Rare Poster

Postby Weatherman112 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:33 pm

omg wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:24 pm
Hi there. Would perhaps whip 5’5 be better option for you? It has a bit more volume, and it’s longer and wider, which should help a bit for early planing and also you would have a bit more room for better stance?
Yes, i think it would be the better option. Unfortunately i'm not able to get one with a discount at my kiteshop. The Voke i can get with 35% off.
I'm also able to get the North Cross 5'4 for a good price, but i'm not sure if that would be a better option. The deck/build of the duotone seems stronger (not sure)?

Return to “Kitesurfing”