Local Beach: St kilda Melbourne
Favorite Beaches: Rodos Prasonisi
Style: Old school
Gear: Flysurfer Boost3, Ozone bar V4 for now, Crazy Fly carbon board
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: CrazyFly Sick bar 2021 Falling apart mid jump - warning

Postby Cezary » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:37 am

Toby said:
“I checked your posting history and all I can find is complaining about brands and their gear.”

Obviously your aim is to discredit me and enable CF to distract us from the main issue here, namely why the bar failed and what to do the same is not repeated!
Immediately after your post CF “Official” got involved accusing me about a number of things and stating at the end “ no more comments to be made” How convenient!
Great job guys to shut the issue!

Probably it was the same Juraj Bukovcak who firmly stated before:

“On the bar, nothing can break as this puts riders at high risk. All parts of the bar are very carefully designed to be extremely strong and durable”
And then
, “it cannot cost too much, because it is just a bar, right?
Yes Juraj Right it’s only a stupid bar who gives a f….c if it’s safe, it must be cheap first of all so you can sell as many as possible.
Great Attitude of “Great Eastern European Company “

So thanks to your help Toby CF Official is no longer under any obligation to answer:

1. Why pretty much new bar failed!
2. What is the size of the Power Line, is it true that as Evan claimed this critical for safety line is ONLY 2.5-3.0mm, rather than minimum 5.0 plus!!
3. Why the power line is completely gone in photos!?
4. Why the fact the line is missing gives CrazyF reason to refuse close inspection of the failed bar to establish what exactly happened and why!?
5. How the Power Line is fixed at both ends etc

From 2 posts the CrazyF made we only know 2 things:

1. No inspection of the bar needed cos the Power Line is missing on my photos!!??
2. No compensation is warranted for my destroyed wetsuit and thermal top ( photos attached in this topic)
Not to mention for pain & suffering, time off work etc.

Great job CrazyF👍🏼 keep doing this and make as much as you possibly can from the people happy to pay for your products and after service!😀👍🏼

sonny2727
Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: St Kilda
Gear: Duotone,Kauper, Ozone, Shinn, Flysurfer, Moses, Axis,Slingshot
Reo,Edge,Rebel,R1,
Sonic,Peak4,Soul,
Falcon

Postby sonny2727 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:45 am

Next topic..
CrazyFly Board 2021 Falling apart - warning :)
These users thanked the author sonny2727 for the post:
Cezary (Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:12 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Cezary
Medium Poster

Postby Cezary » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:58 am

You know what guys whatever shit you throw at
me to distract from the subject of failed bar and protect Crazy from answering my legitimate questions I don't give a damn about your actions :lol:
The fact is the Crazy didn't manage to kill me with their Crazy Sick/Crap Bar that is something!! and only this counts in the end :P
So keep trying :lol: 8) :bye:

Cezary
Medium Poster

Postby Cezary » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:26 am

Next topic..
CrazyFly Board 2021 Falling apart - warning :)

Have to dissapoint you nothing is coming in spite of the fact I have 3 Raptors!! including the latest Extreme,they are all great, though 1 delaminated slightly but thanks
to great approach from...... Yes CF guys! the problem was delt quickly to my great satisfaction and I thanked them for that accordingly :thumb: :D

Cezary
Medium Poster

Postby Cezary » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:37 pm

evan wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:09 pm
Try to disassemble the Tube from the cleat and bottom plastic part. I bet the thin depower cord broke inside the tube, after wich the tube got pulled off the chickenloop including the green bottom part exposing the metal top of the chickenloop after which the pin where the depower cord is looped around could fall off including the remaining bottom half of that line. This way it seems as if it was never installed, but the top half should be still inside the tube connected to the cleat.
I did try to do it Mate but didn’t go past unscrewing that green polymer stopper ball , there is no way to pull PU tube from the cleat to see if there is a piece of missing Power Line and how it’s connected to the cleat.
I did try to feel this line inside PU tube with a wire but had the feeling only flagging line is there!!
Also how the Line is fixed to the other end is puzzling, someone mentioned a pin that’s also missing.
It’s obvious the Power Line doesn’t go through the Chicken Loop assembly cos the bore hole is not large enough to accommodate red flagging line plus Power Line even as this as you claimed 2.5-3.0mm
All those parts of this crappy bar look terribly cheap and dodgy! One more reason to get to the bottom of it!
Since the cover up Artists will not provide us with any answers perhaps devoted users of this equipment could explain the mystery of the missing Power Line, even such basic stuff like what is actually the thickness of it??
Is it industry standard 5mm as the minimum or less than that!? I find it unbelievable what Evan said 2.5-3.0mm it would be gross negligence bordering on criminal if true, so I don’t believe it at this stage!
how it’s fixed on the swivel/cleat ends etc.
The only thing I found about the missing PL is a warning on fix my kite site that you have to check the condition of this line regularly!……wonder how and if anybody of the regular users of this crap does it!?
Also perhaps someone could answer this:
Can the connection of the PU tube to the swivel be strong enough to last 6/7 sessions without giving up, it’s highly unlikely but perhaps, PU tube didn’t break only this very connection in this case of failed bar.
Attachments
A139A8DA-9125-4EF7-A7B7-A850A8259F8D.jpeg
53B1D28D-2478-4CE7-9503-0A123AFF6CED.jpeg
8EE90B0D-7A08-4C2A-B4CA-1DE74F5C8E2F.png
AACE8243-AB8B-44D5-8AB5-B6D0DD9BBEEF.png

BalsaMichel
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Gear: FS Soul 2 8m + 10m, CAB Fusion DA foil, backyard built split-TTs, skimboards and foilboards

Postby BalsaMichel » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:04 am

...okay, let´s bring some clarity to the "is there a rope inside the tube ore not discussion".

My situation:

- Never have touched or seen a Sick-Bar but know a bit about bar/rope-design
- know how to use internet :-)

What I have found:

- There are two versions of the sick bar depower line: Version A (early), 1.4+X meter long. This one seems to go trough the PU-tube all the way down do the quick-release (and through the chicken loop?). Version B: Much shorter: This one goes only to the clam cleat and seems to be bolted there. There is an additional internal line that connects the chicken loop to the clam cleat bolt.

Conclusion: There must be A L W A Y S a rope inside the tube. A PU-tube with this dimensions can´t hold the occuring forces and until somebody develops something really new there´s no way to connect it properly to the clam cleat and/or quick-release.

So what has happened here? Three possibilities from my point of view:

1. Internal power line has been forgotten in assembly process (probality not very high but not unpossible)
2. Internal power line torn, leftovers got "somehow" lost --> why are there no leftovers?
3. And this is my vavourite one: Somebody (I really don´t know who) has replaced the depower rope with the wrong (short) version. Some people would say thats stupid but shit happens and there seems to be absolutely NO spare part documentation available for this bar.

Micha
These users thanked the author BalsaMichel for the post:
Cezary (Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:15 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Breze
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 90kg
Style: Foiling
Gear: Foils&Tubes

Postby Breze » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:06 am

What function has the bolt in the upper part of the clam cleat? Allen key or rivet? Could it be the bolt that holds the sleve of the remaining rest of the depower line?
If not, i would carefully cut the PU tube at the clam cleat to look inside for the broken line. You could film the process

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm

Postby andylc » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:20 am

This is getting boring now but the question of depower line or not is surely very easy to answer? One way or another you can take apart what you’ve got left and see what is there. Stop speculating and complaining and find out!!!

Cezary
Medium Poster

Postby Cezary » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:01 pm

andylc wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:20 am
This is getting boring now but the question of depower line or not is surely very easy to answer? One way or another you can take apart what you’ve got left and see what is there. Stop speculating and complaining and find out!!!
This question might be easy to answer as you said and you are right no point to speculate especially after CrazyF said here on8/11:

Your case was investigated, but as the power line is clearly missing on the pictures, it did not make sense to have a closer look at this bar.”

You couldn’t agree more with these experts Right!? so I’m not going to cut PU tube at this stage on clamcleat side to check it out, as I said it seems to be stuck inside the cleat for good what is very dodgy in itself! See photo
Besides it’s not so important if it’s there or not, we have to presume it’s cos other option would be unthinkable .
The most important questions are:

1. Why the Power Line broke on new bar?
2. What is the diameter, 3mm, 6 or 8 ?
3. If the Line snapped for whatever reasons why the fixing on the Chicken Loop side is completly gone, whatever it was, a pin bolt etc.Photo
Attachments
A8427968-49DE-4A37-8A7A-70FDE46012B8.png
6D13BAC5-C9CE-4F85-8C52-8FF76E01F898.jpeg

Return to “Kitesurfing”