Favorite Beaches: Rodos Prasonisi
Style: Old school
Gear: Flysurfer Boost3, Ozone bar V4 for now, Crazy Fly carbon board
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: CrazyFly Sick bar 2021 Falling apart mid jump - warning

Postby Cezary » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:19 am

BalsaMichel wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:04 am
...okay, let´s bring some clarity to the "is there a rope inside the tube ore not discussion".

My situation:

- Never have touched or seen a Sick-Bar but know a bit about bar/rope-design
- know how to use internet :-)

What I have found:

- There are two versions of the sick bar depower line: Version A (early), 1.4+X meter long. This one seems to go trough the PU-tube all the way down do the quick-release (and through the chicken loop?). Version B: Much shorter: This one goes only to the clam cleat and seems to be bolted there. There is an additional internal line that connects the chicken loop to the clam cleat bolt.

Conclusion: There must be A L W A Y S a rope inside the tube. A PU-tube with this dimensions can´t hold the occuring forces and until somebody develops something really new there´s no way to connect it properly to the clam cleat and/or quick-release.

So what has happened here? Three possibilities from my point of view:

1. Internal power line has been forgotten in assembly process (probality not very high but not unpossible)
2. Internal power line torn, leftovers got "somehow" lost --> why are there no leftovers?
3. And this is my vavourite one: Somebody (I really don´t know who) has replaced the depower rope with the wrong (short) version. Some people would say thats stupid but shit happens and there seems to be absolutely NO spare part documentation available for this bar.

Micha
Thanks Micha for your informative post and suggested options why the bar failure occurred, I have passed them together with my own on to the relevant Authorities!
Last edited by Cezary on Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cezary
Medium Poster
Local Beach: St kilda Melbourne

Postby Cezary » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:29 am

UPDATE : if someone was following it and is interested, here it’s from the latest email I got from the Australian Authorities investigating the matter of this catastrophic bar failure:

Department of Justice and Community Safety

” Due to the severity of this product failure, I will be forwarding your case to our product safety team for further assessment.”

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:07 am

I guess in the future they will only allow the unvaccinated to ride CrazyFly in Australia :lol:

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: This & that

Postby SolarSet » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:33 am

did netflix pay for another season of this moaning series? surely they should cancel after pilot yet we are on 9th page :rollgrin:

Cezary
Medium Poster

Postby Cezary » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:25 am

SolarSet wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:33 am
did netflix pay for another season of this moaning series? surely they should cancel after pilot yet we are on 9th page :rollgrin:
Mate, if you are bored with 9 pages of CrazyF cover up of their faulty Crapbar why don’t you jump to 21 pages of Power line safety issue with Core bar!
Also note how this great Company deals with the issue and what your CrazyF boys do in that regard!

Core Sensor 3 Safety Issues (Core statement in initial post)
SearchAdvanced search
203 posts
Page 1 of 21

Next
kitetime
Rare Poster
Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:34 pm

Official Statement from Core:

We have received reports about wear on the Sensor 3 SSF-powerline and the Dyneema sleeve at the 'Y.' We take these reports seriously and are investigating these isolated cases. Given a large number of Sensor 3 Bars in regular and demanding use worldwide, there's been minimal feedback to date about wear on the powerline sleeve. However, we are talking to our line suppliers and will get to the bottom of this.

Cheoz0r86
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 80-75
Local Beach: North down peninsula in Northern Ireland
Style: Freeride
Gear: 2022 11m core XR7, 2022 9m XR7. 137*41 2020 CF raptor

Postby Cheoz0r86 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:09 am

this fella is more toxic than my ex LOL
These users thanked the author Cheoz0r86 for the post:
Faxie (Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:54 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Wolkster
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Galveston, Tx
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach, Maui
Hood River, Oregon
Tariff, Spain
Style: Free rider
Gear: Naish, Crazy Fly, Core

Postby Wolkster » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:32 am

Cheoz0r86 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:09 am
:lol:

dshunter65
Rare Poster
Weight: 120
Local Beach: Altona Melbourne
Style: Foil and twin tip
Gear: Boxer, Mono, Neo Orbit and Axis
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby dshunter65 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:03 pm

Happened at the weekend in Altona.
Luckily my first jump of the day nothing happened. Jumping to my weak right side the line broke when I was 2 meters in the air. Not sure if it happen going up or down. Landed in over a meter of water. The kite was of course looping out of control.
Pulled the safety which stopped the looping but the kite is now still powered as the lines are wrapped around the safety.
Grabbed the left strearing line and pulled the kite in.
The bar has maybe done 20 easy sessions on the foil 9 meter Boxer in 10 to 15 knots and less than 10 sesions on my 11m Orbit in 20 knots of wind.
Heavier rider 120kg but never had this happen to any other bars Slingshot, Liquid Force, Ozone and Duotone.
If it broken on that first jump I probably would have broken some bones landing on a shallow sand bar.
Reading other complaints about that line breaking and they are still selling the bar is a cause for concern.
Cezary if you need more info or the bar drop me a message.
Cezary wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:29 am
UPDATE : if someone was following it and is interested, here it’s from the latest email I got from the Australian Authorities investigating the matter of this catastrophic bar failure:

” Due to the severity of this product failure, I will be forwarding your case to our product safety team for further assessment.”
Attachments
Sick Bar Failure.jpg
Sick Bar Failure.jpg (143.1 KiB) Viewed 3750 times

juanpasala
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Calima
Favorite Beaches: Calima
San Andres
Cabo de la Vela
Style: Freeride / Foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot 10 / Soul 10 / Sonic 3 11-15
Crazyfly Raptor LTD / Cogua - Levitaz Bionic

Postby juanpasala » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:17 pm

Wolkster wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:32 am
Cheoz0r86 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:09 am
:lol:
Talk about a bitter customer

Cezary
Medium Poster

Postby Cezary » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:28 am

dshunter65 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:03 pm
Happened at the weekend in Altona.
Luckily my first jump of the day nothing happened. Jumping to my weak right side the line broke when I was 2 meters in the air. Not sure if it happen going up or down. Landed in over a meter of water. The kite was of course looping out of control.
Pulled the safety which stopped the looping but the kite is now still powered as the lines are wrapped around the safety.
Grabbed the left strearing line and pulled the kite in.
The bar has maybe done 20 easy sessions on the foil 9 meter Boxer in 10 to 15 knots and less than 10 sesions on my 11m Orbit in 20 knots of wind.
Heavier rider 120kg but never had this happen to any other bars Slingshot, Liquid Force, Ozone and Duotone.
If it broken on that first jump I probably would have broken some bones landing on a shallow sand bar.
Reading other complaints about that line breaking and they are still selling the bar is a cause for concern.
Cezary if you need more info or the bar drop me a message.
Cezary wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:29 am

Thanks for your post Mate,
this CrazyF Crapbar looks like big mess to me,
can you tell me pls:

1. What year is it?
2. Did they pay you back for this crap?
3. The size of Power Line

Your case is a bit more simple than my for a number of reasons first of all you at least had the Power Line if you can actually call this shity string Power Line!
I’m keen to know the size of it, one of the experts in using CF crap bars sounding like their spokesman CaptainKook claimed:

I can only say that in my own personal experience, CF is very good quality. The main depower line is probably 6mm or 8mm and has never given me any problems.”

Apparently CaptainKook who joined the forum 2 months ago!!used it for 4 years jumping to the moon , never had to replace it and doesn’t even know if it’s 6 or 8mm !!!
Well!…I put 5mm Allen key into the borehole into PU tube
and guess what it hardly fits there with the red flag out line. As per photo!
If someone else can help to specify the size of this critical for our safety line pls do so.
I believe than anything less than 6mm would be the gross negligence on behalf of the Manufacturer.
Attachments
FBD42418-4618-47CE-8340-C3EA088B27DA.jpeg

Return to “Kitesurfing”