Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

PFD for kiting

Forum for kitesurfers
beebad
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 173
Local Beach: Mayo, Rehobeth bay, dewey bch,OBX
Favorite Beaches: North flats, outlaws-South Padre Island, Waves, Salvo, kitepoint, the washout, tower rd. Assateaque.
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m, 9m, 12m Cabrinha Switchblades, 15 Contra, Cabrinha 144 Spectrum, 137 ACE, Litewave Dave WING 155, Ugo, GP6B, slingshot hoverglide nf2 foil-35",15"24" masts, slingshot dwarfcraft 54" foilboard. Slingwing 5.4V2., quatro drifter 5’6”.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: PFD for kiting

Postby beebad » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:53 pm

Here is another…. Anyone use this?
https://www.coastwatersports.com/forwar ... 0jEALw_wcB

ieism
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Local Beach: Ijmuiden
Favorite Beaches: Beauduc, Rockanje
Style: Foil.
Gear: Flysurfer Peak 5: 4/5/6/8/11m
Kauper XT Falcon 11m
Dwarfcraft 110cm
Gong Curve, Pro stab fuse 85 carbon mast

Postby ieism » Mon May 09, 2022 2:50 pm

I had a Restube for foiling far off the coast, and recently bought another one for my kid surfing/swimming. Turns out they have an "Active" version for sports and a regular one for beach use. The one I got now is the beach one, but it's just a different bag. The inflatable thing is actually the same, and the cheap one is a bit lighter actually. You're still unlike to accidentaly deploy the regular one, and its a lot cheaper to buy. Attach to the back of your harness out of the way and you wont even know its there.

I have no problem recommending this cheaper one for foilers or surfers who don't crash all the time, it didn't deploy on me once in a week of use and it's only €33 now so get a few if you're in Europe.

https://www.berger-camping.nl/zoeken/?q=restube

flipper231
Very Frequent Poster

Postby flipper231 » Tue May 10, 2022 5:03 am

Sorry I did not read all the pages… Mustang Chimera is the best. Those kayak PFD are ugly, bulky, thick foam, beurk! The chimera is super thin, provides enough buoyancy and if you need more, you pull the handle and it inflates I kite in Canada and US and it is approved by both countries. Drawback, not approved in Canada in whitewater.

SpaceRacer
Frequent Poster

Postby SpaceRacer » Mon May 16, 2022 5:47 pm

They make plenty of good low profile PFDs for kiteboarding. I have been using Liquid Force for years. There is nothing kooky about safety.

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm

Postby andylc » Mon May 16, 2022 7:50 pm

Another Restube user here. I’ve never deployed it yet but it’s nice to know it’s there just in case everything goes pear shaped. Or one day it may help someone else.

Return to “Kitesurfing”