Brand Affiliation: None.

Naish Twintips 2023

Postby Toby » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:30 am

Naish News:

Naish Twintips 2023

naish twintips.png

Motion

motion.png

Everything you could ever want in a freeride board and more. The Motion is our most popular freeride board for a reason. Newly designed Flex Tips give riders added control through carves and powerful edging. A single concave throughout the base allows for powerful grip and speed. The Paulownia wood core and high-grade laminates make the Motion incredibly light, even though it can be ridden hard like a board twice its weight. Whether you are looking to cruise around with your kite or push the limits, the Motion does it all.

https://www.naishkites.com/product/motion/

Traverse

traverse.png

The Traverse is the ultimate twin tip board for any conditions. Inspired by Ewan Jaspan, our mission for the Traverse was to honor the true freeride mentality by creating the most versatile and comprehensive kiteboard on the market. We went through an extensive design process to deliver a fresh new feel to twin tip riding that covers all of the bases. With a long, grippy rail, this board locks into carves with a surf-like feel, producing long drawn-out lines in the water, no matter the conditions. The Traverse is a must-try for riders looking for the most fun money can buy.

https://www.naishkites.com/product/traverse/

Traverse Ewan Jaspan Pro

traverse ej pro.png

The Traverse Ewan Jaspan Pro is back by popular demand. We teamed up with Ewan Jaspan to design an all-around pro-model, covering multiple disciplines. With its narrow outline, the Traverse EJ Pro is designed to be ridden 5-10 cm longer than a typical twin tip. Combining comfortability and high-end construction, the Traverse is the ultimate do-it-all board. The sintered base offers maximum durability, increasing the board’s longevity. This board carves on a dime, rides smoothly through the chop, and glides on landing, making it the perfect choice for casual kiters or high-performance athletes.

https://www.naishkites.com/product/trav ... aspan-pro/

Monarch

monarch.png

Designed for riders looking to push their limits in big air and freeride disciplines. The Monarch is built to hold power, ride with speed, and have explosive pop. The Monarch features a unique bottom shape designed to channel water in a way that produces maximum hold to the water when loading up for explosive tricks, driving the board upwind to create more line tension than ever before. This board is perfect for an experienced rider hungry for more.

https://www.naishkites.com/product/monarch/

Alana

alana.png

The Alana is for females who rip. Built for performance in both all-around freeride and freestyle disciplines, the Alana has been tested by riders around the world ensuring the perfect board. The flex pattern, dimensions, and outline have been meticulously adjusted to excel under the feet of lighter riders. The board's width has been narrowed for increased edge control and carving capabilities. The Alana provides a smaller and lighter board, with zero compromises on shredding abilities.

https://www.naishkites.com/product/alana-tt/

Drive

drive.png

Feel the difference with the Drive. Based on the shape of the Motion, the Drive is a high-performance, 3K carbon board that offers incomparable flex and control. Whether you are looking to boost or cruise, the Drive’s medium rocker and tapered rails allow for unmatched grip and responsive feel underfoot. If you are looking for a super-light, high-performance freeride board, the Drive has quickly become the board of choice for everyone from intermediate cruisers to big air professionals.

https://www.naishkites.com/product/drive/

Hero

hero.png

The perfect board to take you from zero to Hero. With performance at the forefront of design for this beginner-friendly board, the Hero features a wider shape that makes it a great light-wind, stable board. The Hero’s ample flex and rocker allow for a smooth ride through chop and smooth landings while learning to jump. The Hero is a user-friendly board loved by riders of all levels, and is not to be underestimated in the freeride realm.

https://www.naishkites.com/product/hero/

Orbit

orbit.png

If you want to get out on the water, even if the wind is board line too light, step on the Orbit. The board has been designed to prioritize light wind glide and keeps performance at the top of the list. The inserts are offset towards the heelside rail as are the channels, with an asymmetric double concave bottom giving you strong edging in a board that is wide, flat, and efficient. The Orbit is not only a light wind machine but also perfect for new kiters looking for a stable platform to learn and progress with. So whether you’re looking for the ultimate light wind weapon or a perfect board for learning, the Orbit is here to maximize fun on the water.

https://www.naishkites.com/product/orbit/

salvatoreone
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sandgate QLD
Gear: twintip/hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Twintips 2023

Postby salvatoreone » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:39 am

Looking for an advice :)

I'm trying to decide between Drive 138 and Monarch 139 (I'm 92kg and currently riding 142 board but I think I can downsize)

Is there a significant difference in strength and flex between the two? My landings are rarely perfect... I don't want to crack the carbon fibre board ;)

What's the weight difference between them?

Which one will be better for progression? (probably the most important question)

I've been kiting for 5 years but I feel like I hit the wall with my progression... I want to learn more tricks, jump higher and start kite looping (I'm doing heli loops and some very shy kite loops). So far I've been riding a very stiff wakestyle board (Cabrinha CBL) which I think has been hindering the progression for a while.

Saltyman
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 85kg
Style: Freeride/wakestyle, old school big air
Gear: Slingshot,Naish, Cabrinha,

Postby Saltyman » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:14 am

salvatoreone wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:39 am
Looking for an advice :)

I'm trying to decide between Drive 138 and Monarch 139 (I'm 92kg and currently riding 142 board but I think I can downsize)

Is there a significant difference in strength and flex between the two? My landings are rarely perfect... I don't want to crack the carbon fibre board ;)

What's the weight difference between them?

Which one will be better for progression? (probably the most important question)

I've been kiting for 5 years but I feel like I hit the wall with my progression... I want to learn more tricks, jump higher and start kite looping (I'm doing heli loops and some very shy kite loops). So far I've been riding a very stiff wakestyle board (Cabrinha CBL) which I think has been hindering the progression for a while.

The monarch is fast and landings are harder. But super fast fun board and it boosts big.
The drive 142 would be great for your weight.
The monarch needs a bit of wind to really light up.
Both are good boards the drive is a little bit more forgiving.
Depends on what sort of wind you are going out in.
More flex in the drive than the monarch. The motion is also a great board good flex. I've got a mate on a drive 142 around your weight and he loves it. The drive also handles chop a bit better. End of the day it's your choice I don't think that you will be disappointed with either.

BillyGoatGruff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: UK
Gear: Naish Torch's & Dash

Postby BillyGoatGruff » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:16 pm

Anyone know what the board speed is like on the Motion? and how it would handle choppy conditions? comparing against a Shinn Monk. Thanks.

salvatoreone
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sandgate QLD
Gear: twintip/hydrofoil

Postby salvatoreone » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:40 am

Saltyman wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:14 am
The monarch is fast and landings are harder. But super fast fun board and it boosts big.
The drive 142 would be great for your weight.
The monarch needs a bit of wind to really light up.
Both are good boards the drive is a little bit more forgiving.
Depends on what sort of wind you are going out in.
More flex in the drive than the monarch. The motion is also a great board good flex. I've got a mate on a drive 142 around your weight and he loves it. The drive also handles chop a bit better. End of the day it's your choice I don't think that you will be disappointed with either.
The problem is I want to buy a discounted S26 Drive and the only available size is 138 which I thought should be alright for boosting and tricks (smaller board should be easier to maneuver I imagine)

Anyway... I've pulled the trigger... I reckon the Monarch will be too similar to what I currently ride so I decided to go for the Drive. Smaller board is also a good motivation to loose few kilograms ;)

Return to “Kitesurfing”