Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

New Control Bar/ Safety Solutions from Ocean Rodeo

Forum for kitesurfers
phree
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby phree » Mon Sep 30, 2002 4:49 am

All I'm gonna say is Ocean Rodeo bar is all yer ever gonna need and that's everything. View in Surf expo photos or http://www.oceanrodeo.com and check the brochure. It is evolution at its finest.
Many of us agree that control bar/safety solutions are badly needed in kiteboarding. Here is another one to look at. Mr. Anonymous seems sold but could we hear from those who can explain the pros & cons of this set up?

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:44 am

Mr anon saying all pro no con so far and wondering how you might see a con cause its pretty much da answer for safety. Please for the love of progression find the con.

phree
Medium Poster

Postby phree » Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:21 am

Thanks Anon. This does look like a cool bar. Could you tell us more about it? The brochure is very general. If a "quick push" on the bar releases the trim loop, what about accidental releases? What are the mechanics of the device? How many hours do you have using the new bar, so far? Thanks for telling us about it.

Anybody else familiar with this bar?

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:52 am

maybe I am missing something, but with the short wrist leash to the backline through the bar tip this is not a spinning bar...slight 'con' I would say

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:32 am

this idea is not new.I know some guys having this idea as well,but still in development.
it is only a good bar for beginners and advanced who don't spin or don't do no handed.
but how about gusts? if a sudden gust hits and the bar will be pushed away due to the pressure and I hit the point and it releases,I will have full power? reviews would be great....

Marley
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Marley » Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:12 am

the punch out part for beginners and if yer no hand spinning then punchout not necessary. CHicken release and static release is gold.

Return to “Kitesurfing”