Forum for kitesurfers
BigIan
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force, DaKine, Transcend, DcBoardz
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Lost Board 87th St. Miami Beach

Postby BigIan » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:24 am

Monday lost my 115 litewave as a result of relaunch troubles caused by a leak in my leading edge blader. I was seperated from my board and was unable to find it. green board with best grind fins, and dakine foot pads with no name foot straps. Any information would be most appreciated. - ian

Timah
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Timah » Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:46 pm

How were you riding a 115 on south beach on monday? I was riding a 180 and still underpowered. Anyways, Sorry to hear about your board. Usally what happens is it gets taken way down the beach and some tourist finds it. Happened to a friend of mine a while back. About a mile down wind some kids were having a great time with their new "skimboard"... although those 1.75 fins didnt handle to sand to nicely!. They did'nt want to give it up.. and their mom was trying to defend them that it was theirs. Until we made it clear she had no idea what it was that they were playing with.

I will keep an eye open, but chances are slim. look on ebay as well.

Tim

mikeysfl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mikeysfl » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:19 pm

Jolly Green Giant.....new respect for you my man. Good luck with your board. THe chicks you brought yesterday to the beach were nice.

BigIan
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force, DaKine, Transcend, DcBoardz

Postby BigIan » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:05 pm

I was riding my 20.5 with pulley. I weigh 230 lbs and stand 6'5, plenty of power over powered at times, thats how my kite hit the water i was getting it low in a gust and a wingtip caught. Most people were on 16s and staying up wind with chicken. Where were you riding? I beleive that as a result of more land mass up near 87th street the afternoon sea breeze when the land cools off and the ocean takes longer, a higher onshore flow is created than say key biscayne south beach or the keys where their is more surrounding water. Yea mikey u know how i do, im into that blonde one who used your harness. peace and wind. - ian

mikeysfl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mikeysfl » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:08 pm

nice! :P

Return to “Kitesurfing”