Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

K48 xover kit for blades?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

K48 xover kit for blades?

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:36 pm

Anybody try the cross over kit for the bigger blades? Chris says it's used ON the bridles and can be used in two-line form. Unfortunately, you have to send your kite all the way to England! Not sure if it's worth it since they're not THAT slow. just curious if anyone has tried or heard about it???

Marizu
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Marizu » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:28 pm

AFAIK, there are two official modifications to the Blade 1 or 2. Both are only for use with a bar.
1. The cross over kit does not require the kite to be sent away. They are effectively an extra bit of bridling that the brake and steering lines attach to. It increases the turning rate but I don't personally like the feel as much because it is turning on the brakes.
2. The VPS kit. I think that the VPS is only for Blade 2 and requires re-bridling of the kite (mid section mainly?). This is supposed to give the Blade proper variable sheeting like a Flysurfer or LEI. Unfortunately, it seems to drop the max power of the kite down a size, so the 9m has the power of a 7.8 and the 7.8 has the power of a 6.4 etc.
A friend of mine did a perfect job of installing VPS himself but I wouldn't want to risk it. Send it back to Flexi if you take this route.
I don't think that they bothered creating VPS for the Blade3.

Hope that this is helpful (and accurate)
M

WANTSOME

Postby WANTSOME » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:49 pm

Marizu

1...The Xover kit K48`s doing is a mod for the BIII bridle...it`s not the Xover kit that flexi sell as an add-on for the Blade range..

2..The VPS DOES increases the power of the kite..when I had it on my old 9m BII it def gave the kite more grunt...the greater the wind, the more you could feel the difference..

Marizu
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Marizu » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:52 pm

I just found this on the k48.com website. It looks really interesting.
Didn't mean to mislead on the VPS thing it's just what I'd been told by a couple of people that had them and then got rid.

M

WANTSOME

Postby WANTSOME » Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:20 am

There were load`s of people that did the same as your mate`s..

I wasn`t blown away after my 1st test flight, but I decided to stick with it.

It took a couple of hrs in a steady on-shore 10 - 12knts befor I found a good setting..then the kite just woke up..

On the strength of my kite a few other`s VPS`d there 9/7.8`s.
After a little adjusting they all ended up quite nice..

For the record...It de-powered my 9m down to something between the 4.9/6.4 BII..

It also made the kite turn much better...+ there was NO powerloss in the turn`s..

biggins
Very Frequent Poster

Postby biggins » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:42 am

The K48 Xover kit IS NOT the same as the one flexifoil sells. According to Chris it can be used flying two line only and is connected to the bridles of the flying lines only, not the brakes. Sounds interesting.
J

Return to “Kitesurfing”