Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Mar 16, 2002 10:59 am

Yesterday I tested the new Da Kine Fusion Seat Harness.

here a picture of the 2001 model:

I don't have a picture of the 2002 model.
Basically it is the same, but with some little red colors specially the covers for the plastic adjuster.
Wah has been improved is the quality. Last year the seams broke very often. Now they sewed it twice and it shouldn't be a problem anymore.
In general this harness gives you a great support for your back. Pulled really tight your back can't move in the wrong directions.
The Velcro is of great quality and doesn't open.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Sat Mar 16, 2002 11:01 am

forgot to mention the knife in the back!

phree
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby phree » Sat Mar 16, 2002 4:15 pm

I've been using the Da Kine Seat Harness for about a year. I've had no problems except access to the hook knife in back. So I took a length of nylon strap and tied it to the knive handle. Then I attached the other end to a ring on the front of the harness. One good yank and the knife is in my hand. Plus, if I drop the tiny bugger it isn't lost in the ocean. To make the strap easier to find, I tied tight knots in it every few inches. I can find it easily and I do give it the yank test periodically. It seems to work great. If you ride in salt water, be sure to take the knife out and fresh water rinse it after use or it will rust out quick. At first, I left it in it's pocket and rinsed it. That wasn't thorough enough. Anyway, I think this is one of many areas the kiteboard manufacturers could improve on product safety. At least Da Kine has a knife and a good design on the snap away pocket. If they'd add a little leash it would be better.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Sat Mar 16, 2002 4:43 pm

good ideas.
I think I will do a longer line to the site of my harness. and I will test it before I go on the water with it.
running fresh water over it is a good idea too.

Freerider
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Freerider » Sat Mar 16, 2002 6:31 pm

I also use this harness and have had no problems with it. i have just got myself the new Maui Magic seat harness with the higher back on it for better support! It is really a very good harness!!

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Sat Mar 16, 2002 7:30 pm

I went through one of the first generation Fusion harnesses when the leg straps broke. They consisted of polypropylene or nylon fabric over a rubber strip and simply weren't up to the loads of lifting my heavy butt up into the air all day. The replacement second generation harness had nylon straps sewn over the leg straps and it holds up very well. I still am not crazy about the hook knife placement, but you are right at least they are trying and provide one. The performance and support of the harness is excellent in general in my opinion. The last two harnesses that I had before the Dakine Fusion were Maui Magic Dominator harnesses a couple of years ago. They worked pretty well but I would wear them out in about 8 to 10 months. Of course they weren't that expensive in the first place. I think they are manufacturing a kitesurfing harness now which would be worth checking out.

Rick Iossi

Return to “Kitesurfing”