Ban Half Day Lessons III

Forum for kitesurfers
Sea&Sun
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Sea&Sun » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:41 am

Scribbler wrote:Obstinate, Conceited, Vain, Hypocritical, Arrogant
Are all terms generally used to describe the character traits displayed by Fokitten on his Fo-rum.

I bet he wishes he was Toby...

But back to the point, Fokker, where's your Training Manual?

Beers and a Boat.... sweet&lethal, Mo-Fo.

Enlighten us.
I think a good model would be the Real Kiteboarding Zero to Hero Camp. You can check out thier web site to see the details and what it covers.

Sea&Sun
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sea&Sun » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:02 pm

Scribbler wrote:Obstinate, Conceited, Vain, Hypocritical, Arrogant
Are all terms generally used to describe the character traits displayed by Fokitten on his Fo-rum.

I bet he wishes he was Toby...

But back to the point, Fokker, where's your Training Manual?

Beers and a Boat.... sweet&lethal, Mo-Fo.

Enlighten us.
I am confused? The ad is telling after level 1, go get a kite and board and go out and parctice, although I may never recieved the training of using a board in Level 1. But I may need more lesson. Shouldn't it read you may be able to go out with a kite and board after Level 1 but you will probably need more lessons? I think this Ad and so I am sure the majority of Newbies believe that they should be able to go on thier own after level one. Please lets all just try to work together. I do know this, if Rockstar or Kite power was in trouble Fo would probably put his ass on the line for them. If Fo was in trouble Rockstar and Kitepower would probably put thier ass on the line for Fo. Kite boarders in general are of this nature. You know how many times you have put yourself in dangers way just to have fun! This is serious business gentlemen. Lets work together for the sport.

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:39 pm

I am confused? The ad is telling after level 1, go get a kite and board and go out and parctice, although I may never recieved the training of using a board in Level 1. But I may need more lesson. Shouldn't it read you may be able to go out with a kite and board after Level 1 but you will probably need more lessons? I think this Ad and so I am sure the majority of Newbies believe that they should be able to go on thier own after level one.

So am I, I reckon you are Fokiten, others tell me I must be wrong.
You do seem to be obsessing about the wording of sections of my website that are constantly quoted out of context, so I can understand your confusion !!! :lol:

This is from the opening page of the lessons section on Kitepower.com.au

Kiteboarding is all about kite control, and it is unfortunately not just a simple matter of grabbing a kite, a board and 'off you go'. Kiteboarding can be dangerous, and more beaches are coming under threat of closure because of inexperienced riders getting into trouble - or more experienced kiters with no regard for other beach users!

That's why you need to get professional lessons, and Kitepower has devised a lesson structure which helps students learn to kite independantly, and safely. While not essential, it is recommended that you get some kite flying experience first by spending several hours flying a small trainer kite.

Kitepower's instructors are approved by the International Kiteboarding Organization (IKO) for the safest and highest quality instruction. Do you live in other Areas / States? Contact us, and we might be able to recommend someone in your area.

From the intro lesson description

Just want to give kiting a go? No experience necessary - We will take you from flying a simple kite, through to using big inflatable kiteboarding kites - all in one session. This is the essential starting point for people who have don't have any previous kiting experience.

Located right on Botany Bay, Sans Souci is one of Sydney's premier kiteboarding locations. Rich, Dave and Tim make up the Kitepower Instruction Team and are highly qualified kiteboarding instructors with Level 2 IKO accreditation. Everyone in the team has been kiteboarding for more than 3 years and love what they do.

The Kitepower rescue boat will be on hand to watch over you in the water and provide the necessary assistance to other beginners who have learnt with the Kitepower Instruction Team.

Clearly highlighted note about the intro lesson

This first lesson may be done entirely on the beach - depending on the wind, skill level of the student and the location of the lesson. There is much to learn before you attempt to take a kite on the water, and it can often be dangerous to take students onto water without the proper experience first.

From the KITEPOWER "LEVEL ONE" (not IKO Level 1) lesson descrption

This is where you build on the skills learnt in the Intro to become fully independent. At the end of Level One, you should be proficient to go out and fly a kiteboarding kite on your own, including rigging, launching, re-launching, body-dragging and self rescue, and have a great time along the way.

Located right on Botany Bay, Sans Souci is one of Sydney's premier kiteboarding locations. Rich, Dave and Tim make up the Kitepower Instruction Team and are highly qualified kiteboarding instructors with Level 2 IKO accreditation. Everyone in the team has been kiteboarding for more than 3 years and love what they do.

Clearly highlighted note regarding Kitepower Level 1 lesson

To become proficient at an IKO 'Kiteboarder Level One' standard - you might require more than one lesson. It takes time to master all the aspects of the course. Any kite experience helps, so get practicing with those trainer kites.

At the end of level 1, you should be proficient to go out and fly a kiteboarding kite on your own - but it doesn't make you a kiteboarder. We get you most of the way - the rest is practice, and time on the kite. If you need further lessons, then we are still available to help $70/hour (your gear or ours).

Please lets all just try to work together. I do know this, if Rockstar or Kite power was in trouble Fo would probably put his ass on the line for them. If Fo was in trouble Rockstar and Kitepower would probably put thier ass on the line for Fo. Kite boarders in general are of this nature. You know how many times you have put yourself in dangers way just to have fun! This is serious business gentlemen. Lets work together for the sport.
[/quote]

I agree we should all be working together, how about you let Fokiten know? :o
You bet I would help Fokiten, or anyone else on the water!!

Please ask Fokiten to tone it down on Kitepower, IKO, Rick I, and all people who promote safety in this sport, you seem to know him well.

Nowhere on my website does it say "you are ready to go it alone after 4hrs or a 1/2 day of instruction", yet Fokiten and you have persistently posted BULLSHIT that it does.

How does that help us to work together?
And I would still rescue either of you if you were in trouble!

Get real or
get a life
or Post a better lesson plan.

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve McCormack

Scribbler
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Scribbler » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:56 pm

SunShade,

If you were as anal as say Vietkiter, you could trawl up some of the comments Fo-wit has made about Real Kiteboardings ('Zero to Hero')scheme.
I agree, it's a cool system.

Fo's view however, always the Contrarian was along the lines 'It's a puppy mill' 'The shit don't work' 'Bullshit'

That's why he is a waste of space, but a sense of duty/truth keeps me vaguely amused responding to his pigeon-chested empty rhetoric.

Sea&Sun
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sea&Sun » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:08 pm

Kite power isn't this last line saying At the end of level 1, you should be proficient to go out and fly a kiteboarding kite on your own - but it doesn't make you a kiteboarder. We get you most of the way - the rest is practice, and time on the kite. If you need further lessons, then we are still available to help $70/hour (your gear or ours).
Intro lesson------ 2 hours
Level 1 -------h 2 ours
Total __4 hours
Part of Ad
At the end of level 1, you to go oshould be proficient ut and fly a kiteboarding kite on your own - but it doesn't make you a kiteboarder. We get you most of the way - the rest is practice, and time on the kite. If you need further lessons, then we are still available to help $70/hour (your gear or ours).
We get you most of the way - the rest is practice, and time on the kite. If you need further lessons, then we are still available to help $70/hour (your gear or ours).

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:33 pm

Hey,,

Pretty sure this discusson is pointless.

I still say if you cannot leave the beach your just asking for it.

if you

Complete this level one WHICH DOES NOT INCLUDE KITESURFING

and go it on your own,,

your just asking for it.

Get some watertime, get some experience with a REAL kite in deep water learn how to waterstart and ride before you go launching a REAL kite on the fucking beach.

The skill to leave the beach should not be aquired from the beach

The beach is where the Bad shit happens.

That's the truth, what more needs to be said?

It's been fun,,LOL

fokiten

Wibbler
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Wibbler » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:49 pm

hahha you're lost/last again Fo...
I still say if you cannot leave the beach your just asking for it.
Exactly, Fool.
Learn to leave the beach.

First.

Because its the first thing you do EVERY time you wanna ride.
So embed it in your subconscious/conscience.

Thanks for listening (for once.)

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:50 pm

Sea&Sun wrote:Kite power isn't this last line saying At the end of level 1, you should be proficient to go out and fly a kiteboarding kite on your own - but it doesn't make you a kiteboarder. We get you most of the way - the rest is practice, and time on the kite. If you need further lessons, then we are still available to help $70/hour (your gear or ours).
Intro lesson------ 2 hours
Level 1 -------h 2 ours
Total __4 hours
Part of Ad
At the end of level 1, you to go oshould be proficient ut and fly a kiteboarding kite on your own - but it doesn't make you a kiteboarder. We get you most of the way - the rest is practice, and time on the kite. If you need further lessons, then we are still available to help $70/hour (your gear or ours).
We get you most of the way - the rest is practice, and time on the kite. If you need further lessons, then we are still available to help $70/hour (your gear or ours).

Sea & Sun
What is your problem?
Really?
Read this

Clearly highlighted note regarding Kitepower Level 1 lesson

To become proficient at an IKO 'Kiteboarder Level One' standard - you might require more than one lesson. It takes time to master all the aspects of the course. Any kite experience helps, so get practicing with those trainer kites.

At the end of level 1, you should be proficient to go out and fly a kiteboarding kite on your own - but it doesn't make you a kiteboarder. We get you most of the way - the rest is practice, and time on the kite. If you need further lessons, then we are still available to help $70/hour (your gear or ours).

That bit above, is just under the bit you copied and pasted, in your lame attempt to smear Kitepower.
Whats your problem?
Where is your lesson plan?

You know, the better plan than the Kitepower plan?
Where?
Post it now!
Thanks,,,
Sheez

:lol:

Cya and

Feed the cat

Steve McCormack

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:24 pm

Steve,

I've looked at a dozen iko sites, Aus, Erou, USA.

None of them even come close to saying, after level one:

" you should be proficient to go and fly a kiteboarding kite on your own "

All this shit you've been spewing, all the name calling.

Every post of yours,,,EVERYONE is tainted with bluster.

You posted the copy, you are responsible for the content.

Change it if you claim not to mean what it says.

What's the BIG deal?

Why persist in keeping what you claim not to say?

I really do not understand how you can say>

It dosen't mean> you should be proficient to go and fly a kiteboarding kite on your own,

Stop being silly,,,

Go comment on my free lesson plan,

STAND UP for a change,,,

Stop acting like a whoose, like a little girl

Thanks
fo

uncleneil
Frequent Poster

Postby uncleneil » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:58 pm

Kitepower, Listening to Fo and Sea & Sun is like listening to a broken record. They say the exact same thing over and over. I for one thing your advertiseing is fine but no mater what you do or say, they have deaf ears. Not once have they answered you questions about how they would do a lesson. Because they wouldn't and have no idea how. I have taught over 1000 people to kitesurf and know others that have taught more. Many with the half day lesson and not one accident or close call from any of them. Almost all of the accidents or deaths have been from experienced riders biting off more then they can chew. Save your breath.

There is no way that Fo could run this forum. Of course it wouldn't be a forum then with only himself and Sea & Sun talking.

Return to “Kitesurfing”