Aussie surfers at cronulla riot

Forum for kitesurfers
bobbi o
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Aussie surfers at cronulla riot

Postby bobbi o » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:06 pm

was watching over the weekend the riot at cronulla beach as the local surfers held a demo after a couple of lifeguards got beaten up by some lebanese immigrants.seems the locals arent happy about "their" beach being taken over by the lebanese who roam the area in large groups abusing and bashing those in their path.

always a situation you expect to see in a city centre and not tarnishing such a beautiful surf beach..

vietkiter
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby vietkiter » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:40 pm

I hope you are just lamenting the situation, since your post comes across as inflamming racial tension.

Seems the actual facts appear sketchy... regardless, the triggering event only seems to unmasked much deeper social friction than simply a bunch of immigrants tarnishing a beach. Seems no different than recent events in France.

I am not condoning or saying who is right... just that there are extreme elements on both sides that salivate such an opportunity to divide an increasingly stretched social fabric.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/1 ... index.html

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:11 pm

How could this be?

Oz has a reputation for kindness to others,,, they're a gentle, polite and charming folk; personalities bent on spreading goodwill and accepting those with apposing views.

Have you ever seen a koala bear?

just adorable, this must be a typo of some sort

I read they claim

They were born there, they did not fly there,, 100% Oz bros

Ah?,,, I get it now it's them aboriginals who are going nuts...

f-en,, ah? Hmm?? crap,, they said white dudes with clubs.

Well that settles it. It's a typo,,aboriginals are not white, they are native brown,,peace loving and kind, just like I said.

People at one with their land,,,soul bros

so
THis is obviously just a typo some

confounded numpty journalist no doubt, with larceny in his genes...

It's all a mistake,,, how could this be??

it's all good,, I'm sure of it

carry-on Oz,, keep speading that (home grown) love...

-andre-
Medium Poster
Style: no school
Gear: GK V-SONIC
TRIX´08 12, 9

UG FLX 132

Postby -andre- » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:38 pm

scary pics i saw on german tv!

but i didn´t see a demonstation, i only saw surfstyle looking people beating and kicking foreign looking men and women!

greets andré

Kram Senrab
Medium Poster

Postby Kram Senrab » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:45 pm

test

Escalate
Medium Poster

Postby Escalate » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:20 pm

fokiten wrote:How could this be?

Oz has a reputation for kindness to others,,, they're a gentle, polite and charming folk; personalities bent on spreading goodwill and accepting those with apposing views.

Have you ever seen a koala bear?

just adorable, this must be a typo of some sort

I read they claim

They were born there, they did not fly there,, 100% Oz bros

Ah?,,, I get it now it's them aboriginals who are going nuts...

f-en,, ah? Hmm?? crap,, they said white dudes with clubs.

Well that settles it. It's a typo,,aboriginals are not white, they are native brown,,peace loving and kind, just like I said.

People at one with their land,,,soul bros

so
THis is obviously just a typo some

confounded numpty journalist no doubt, with larceny in his genes...

It's all a mistake,,, how could this be??

it's all good,, I'm sure of it

carry-on Oz,, keep speading that (home grown) love...
fo's post, a piece off artwork like always

:yourock: :thumb:

Taz P
Medium Poster

Postby Taz P » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:32 pm

vietkiter wrote: Seems the actual facts appear sketchy... regardless, the triggering event only seems to unmasked much deeper social friction than simply a bunch of immigrants tarnishing a beach. Seems no different than recent events in France.
Well... If I may say so, there is a difference with what happened in France.
In Aussie, they have locals going on riot against immigrants to protect a land.
In France they had young people and and young immigrants going on "riot" against the system.

None of these situation is better than the other though...
But you are right, these 2 events are based on social friction.

vietkiter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby vietkiter » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:56 pm

Taz P wrote: In Aussie, they have locals going on riot against immigrants to protect a land.
I don't pretent to have specific insight into this situation. I presume you are closer to the "actions." So I defer to you to explain how such "riot" is "protecting the land," in context of the quote below? Are we talking about another "aboriginal-like noble cultural assimiliation"?
-andre- wrote:but i didn´t see a demonstation, i only saw surfstyle looking people beating and kicking foreign looking men and women!

bobbi o
Frequent Poster

Postby bobbi o » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:21 am

i think the deal was that the beach's long held ambience was being spoilt by the influx of lebanese immigrants and it all kicked off after the lebanese beat up acouple of life guards.

what was unusual and disturbing was the images of thousands of surfer type locals running riot trying to beat up any lebanese people they could find.

obviously this is an extreme form of localism with racial undertones,but why toby views this as not worthy of debate i'm not sure?

Taz P
Medium Poster

Postby Taz P » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:14 am

vietkiter wrote:
Taz P wrote: In Aussie, they have locals going on riot against immigrants to protect a land.
I don't pretent to have specific insight into this situation. I presume you are closer to the "actions." So I defer to you to explain how such "riot" is "protecting the land," in context of the quote below? Are we talking about another "aboriginal-like noble cultural assimiliation"?
I wouldn't dare explaining such a thing or even finding excuses for it... I'm against any form of racism and what happened is pretty bad!

Just wanted to point out the difference between what happened in France and what's happening in Aussie – I didn’t mean to say that what happened in Aussie is “goodâ€

Return to “Kitesurfing”