Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Why np pro's on the Bows? Genuine question?

Forum for kitesurfers
pipedragon
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Why np pro's on the Bows? Genuine question?

Postby pipedragon » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:58 am

How come I still don't see any pro's in videos or magizines riding a Bow? I see promo shots of riders in advertisements riding them but not in real competition or otherwise. What gives? Is it that they are comfortable with C kites and no reason to change or the performace is just not there on Bows? :bye:

uncleneil
Frequent Poster

Postby uncleneil » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:48 am

Not true at all.

Bow riders;

Best: Shannon Best, Andy Hurdman, Clinton Bolton

Cabrihna: Susi Mae, Cameron Dietrick, Damien Leroy, Shawn and Jesse Richman, "Dre"

Liquid Force: Davey Blair(50/50), Julie Simsar

Just to name a few.

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:27 am

Nobody in their right mind would ever sacrifice performance and control/feeling over safety, if they don`t have a problem with safety/depower..

That's why you will see all the SS guys using Fuel/bat whatever, they make that just not as bad as the Link/TD..

That's why you will see Kevin/Rui on Torch3, and not on the new BoxerSLE...

The list goes on.....

The only guys that i feel sorry for, are the Cabrinha guys.... They don't have a choice... poor guys, new sponsor or a product that is not made for their style...

But on any given demo/photoshot whatever, you will see them all on the SLE/Bows smile for the camera... :wink: Its business... :girl:

ToastSYN
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: anywhere on Maui
Favorite Beaches: Ka'a Point, Matanzas Inlet
Style: overpowered
Gear: Royal Era 8m, Torch 7m, Obession 7m, 9m
Brand Affiliation: Mercenary

Postby ToastSYN » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:49 am

I wouldn't for a second feel "sorry" for the cabrinha riders. If I could I would get some footage of Jesse and Shawn Richman tearing it up on bows. I personnally hate bows but I keep myself quiet after watching these kids shred. Though they prolly could ride anything and do it, the fact that they can do it on bows shows the potential of the design

Toast

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:50 am

ToastSYN wrote:I wouldn't for a second feel "sorry" for the cabrinha riders. If I could I would get some footage of Jesse and Shawn Richman tearing it up on bows. I personnally hate bows but I keep myself quiet after watching these kids shred. Though they prolly could ride anything and do it, the fact that they can do it on bows shows the potential of the design

Toast
They are good......

But they have a much better deal than they would get anywhere else, but then have to settle whit that they don't have the opportunity to use good kites that don't use a bridle......

I wouldn't think twice using Cabrinha Bows only, if i got a deal like that.... But if had a choice??? SS-Naish-North comes to mind.... :wink: But i would smile when i did the Photoshot on the Link-BoxerSLE-Rebel..... 8)

FredMurphy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredMurphy » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:53 am

Give it a while. The current pros are all used to C kites and taking time to adjust. Also, the tricks that score in the comp are based on what works with C kites. When the kids that are gettng into the sport now progress, they will have learnt with bows and may well be doing tricks that aren't possible on a C.

just do it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Airush Varial-X, Airush Apex
Brand Affiliation: Airush

Postby just do it » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:45 am

Change the judging criteria and you will get more bows. Kitesurfing Competitions are going the same way as windsurfing did by alienating the consumers with tricks that are pretty much anachievable for 95% of all kiters and tricks that only work properly with kites that Mr. Average finds harder to use.
The Pro-Tours have a responsibility to adopt to the market, the consumers and fans.
Windsurfing introduced the Freestyle element and that revived some of the interest as it could be done anywhere with pretty average kit.

jrobson
Very Frequent Poster

Postby jrobson » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:54 am

FredMurphy wrote:Give it a while. The current pros are all used to C kites and taking time to adjust. Also, the tricks that score in the comp are based on what works with C kites. When the kids that are gettng into the sport now progress, they will have learnt with bows and may well be doing tricks that aren't possible on a C.
The "time to adjust" excuse it pretty lame, the cab riders apparently adjusted just fine, while the other's who could still ride C's, can't adjust... alrighty.

lesbian horse
Very Frequent Poster

Postby lesbian horse » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:24 am

erm the richman brothers are doing kook style. eg flash austin 2000.

waveslave
Medium Poster

Postby waveslave » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:39 am

Simple answer to your question:

Bow kites are a soft ride and C-kites are Core.
That's Core with a capital C.

Return to “Kitesurfing”