Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Current equivalent of theAirBlast??????????

Forum for kitesurfers
Tabitha
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Current equivalent of theAirBlast??????????

Postby Tabitha » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:21 am

What does everyone think flies the most like the 01 AirBlasts? Mine is dead and I need to replace it :( Damn I loved that kite.

kjorn
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kjorn » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:33 pm

:lol: :lol: hahaha! Nice one :thumb:

monk.e.boy

Sea&Sun
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sea&Sun » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:34 pm

Caution Spitfire II or Caution Spitfire III. You will not believe it!!!!!!!!!! Demo one. I should add it relaunches much easier, goes up wind better, more stable, much more depower and believe it or not more pop.

blowhard
Very Frequent Poster

I hear you

Postby blowhard » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:12 pm

The Air Blast was truly a revolution in the day ,from zero to hero was the deal ,sorry to hear yours died ,I know a guy still riding one that was used when he bought it ,I took lessons on it ,,IN 2000!!!!
The guy that owned it never let anyone try it NOW we know why
I think the Naish X-2 is as close as you can get to it.
But if you are looking a little further ahead the Waroo is a good start

waroo12
Rare Poster

Postby waroo12 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:09 pm

I switched from Airblast to Waroos.
I'm an average rider. No kiteloops or crazy stuff.
For me the Waroo feels very close to the good old Airblasts except Depower (Waroo much more) and upwind ability (Waroo little less).
It didn't took me time to adjust to the Waroos.

Chris

Still own my 8.4 :wink:

Sake
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sake » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:28 pm

A mate tried my demo V6 12m after riding his AMP12 and he said it felt like an AB8.4 a.o. regarding lift and feel of depower. And the V6 excells on all other things. No way I would swap a V6-12 for an AB8.4 despite the great memories.

BTW IMO A Waroo12 is at least way of line regarding lift, feel of depower and direct feel in steering.

lordfak
Medium Poster

Postby lordfak » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:52 pm

If you flew the AirBlast with Bridles (Like I did ...... some hated them), I think a Bow type kite is a good way to go. I made an easy transition to Sonics.
Love the light bar pressure.

Sake
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sake » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:03 pm

lordfak wrote:If you flew the AirBlast with Bridles (Like I did ...... some hated them), I think a Bow type kite is a good way to go. I made an easy transition to Sonics.
Love the light bar pressure.
An Airblast with a bridle was hated by everybody overhere regarding flying and very prone to failing. Only reason was for "5th line trailing edge relaunch" and nobody used it except for the guy with the 16.4 :o
AB without bridle allready has little bar pressure. With bridle is like powersteering in a car without feeling what's happening at the wheels.
Of course it's nice that you liked it.
IMO Comparing an (non bridled) AB to a 2006 (bridled) bow is almost an insult to the AB. Especially the 8.4.

kjelleren
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kjelleren » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:46 pm

I went from the Airblast to the Takoon Scoop to the GK Lift to the GK Sonic. Matt Pendle had his hands in the design of each. Each had that great deposer an pop. Loving the Sonics. I still keep an AIrblast 8.4. Superb kite, but kites have gotten better. More responsive, more stable. Not sure if I will ever go any higher than the Airblast leaps. Truly a huge jumper. I have gone through 4 of the 8.4.

Dr.Gonzo
Frequent Poster

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:10 pm

kjelleren wrote:I went from the Airblast to the Takoon Scoop to the GK Lift to the GK Sonic. Matt Pendle had his hands in the design of each. Each had that great deposer an pop. Loving the Sonics. I still keep an AIrblast 8.4. Superb kite, but kites have gotten better. More responsive, more stable. Not sure if I will ever go any higher than the Airblast leaps. Truly a huge jumper. I have gone through 4 of the 8.4.
Correcto :thumb:

That is the line back to the original Airblast... the classic being the 5 strut 8.4 8)

Return to “Kitesurfing”