Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Free LineCrawler for Testing......do you want one?

Forum for kitesurfers
KiteLobster
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Free LineCrawler for Testing......do you want one?

Postby KiteLobster » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:01 pm

Hi Kiteforum Members,

How would you like to test a new kitesurfing tool for FREE that will help you untangle and keep your lines organized ready for a rapid set-up without the need to lay out your lines?

If you are interested in helping test the tool then please checkout the website http://www.kitelobster.com for all the information on the “LineCrawlerâ€Â

KiteLobster
Rare Poster

Did you get my email

Postby KiteLobster » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:16 pm

To those who have volunteered to test the LineCrawler (you know who you are :D ), did you get my reply :?: . I seem to have problems trying to reply to too many emails, too soon after another with the mail tool in the forum :roll: . Just to reassure you, all those who have asked so far will get one to test, so if you didn't get the reply email from me, please let me know.

In the meantime I still have a few more to give away to those willing to test it......and for all those guests out there that seem to use the forum and would also like one :bye: , then why don't you join, be part of this growing community :thumb: and send me a PM.

Cheers,

Robin.

KiteLobster
Rare Poster

Where are the GIRLS

Postby KiteLobster » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:03 am

Hi Girls,

Did you know of all those volunteers to test the LineCrawler none of them have XX Chromosomes :o . I really need some female input here to round of the testing. I still have a handfull of LineCrawlers left, so PM your details and priority will go to beauty before brawn.

Happy holidays and a a great kiting New Year,

Robin :bye:

http://www.KiteLobster.com

P.S. Good luck Testers, the LineCrawlers are in the post.

carkeek craig
Medium Poster

Postby carkeek craig » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:47 am

Thanks for the test try, it looks like a very compact design. I like that. 8)

Happy Holidays from Seattle! :bye:

Airtime
Frequent Poster

Postby Airtime » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:11 am

can we hear a review from some of the testers now?

mx5alan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mx5alan » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:18 pm

Airtime wrote:can we hear a review from some of the testers now?
Think most may still be waiting for delivery - I am... so guess it will be after the holidays before any real testing will be done. ?

carkeek craig
Medium Poster

Postby carkeek craig » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:24 pm

Haven't seen one yet, but in the meantime...

I have started an incredibly intense physical training program so that I'll be bright and ready when it arrives. :wink:

Cheers!

mx5alan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mx5alan » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:35 pm

What make of kites are people testing the LineCrawler with ?

I hope to be testing it with all my Peter Lynn ARC's. 8)

Have a few interesting ideas and tests already lined up when it arrives. :thumb:

So would like to know which type of tests people would like to see reports for ?

Konza
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kiel
Gear: LF HiFi, Switch Combat, Slingshot SST
Seaflight Diamond 5'9"
Brand Affiliation: None!

Postby Konza » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:59 am

Airtime wrote:can we hear a review from some of the testers now?
Yep! :) After I got my "LineCrawler" on friday I was very curious because I tried to construct a thing like that a half year ago. Well, my construction didn't work - the "LineCrawler" does! I tested it 3 times to solve the famous "linesalat" and 1 time to connect it to the kite. Couldn't yet test the "controlled drifting away" of the kite in a selflaunching scenario - no wind for me since friday so i couldn't test it on our local lake.

First of all:
Even if it looks a bit cheap and unstable i can say it is definitly none of that. Okay, the material is just plastic and it's not made of carbon, but who will care about that as long as it will work for some years :wink:
Upper-frame and sub-frame are connected with elastics and and can be fixed together with a velcro. In the "LineCrawler" are two blocks made of hard rubber which work together like clamp and a "stop-button" that can stop the lines from running through.

Now the points in which you will be interested when you consider to buy a "LineCrawler":

1.)
The "LineCrawler" promises that you can untangle your lines in very small places while not attached to the kite:

Well, even I hate the famous "linesalat" I produced it 3 times in the last 3 days: Unwinded the lines and mixed them :roll:
Important is, that you notice, that the "LineCrawler" doesn't solve this problem just by pulling it through your lines! That won't work. The real method is: Pull the "LineCrawler" trough them till it won't go further, then untangle the next part of the lines, pull it again - untangle - pull and so on. You will notice that you will produce a bunch of lines on the other "side".
When you are through, pull it again through the lines to the other side - this will be very easy and fast, because the lines are already untangled. Then you are ready to wind up your lines and with the help of the "stopbutton" you are able to do that as tight as with the hand. So it works even with just 2m² space. Cool thing: You don't have to touch your lines when winding the lines up so that you won't have scratches because of salt and sand.

2.)
The "LineCrawler" promises that you can rapidly attach the lines to the kite tangle-free with minimal space:

Yes, that's definitly the best thing about it! Just unwind a bit of line next to the kite, connect the lines to the kite and unclip the "LineCrawler". -> Ready to go. If you don't want to unwind the lines when moving to start simply unwind them next to the kite, but don't throw your bar directly in your lines or they'll get tangled again. Put it in the kite or on the board for example.

So these are my experiences so far. I like this thing and will definitly use it on my next trips. It simply saves time when rigging the kite just like One-Pump-Systems etc. :bye:

Did I forgot anything?
Ah well, I tested with my Waroo and it's Bar. So it's a 4-Line-Bar.
I don't know how it will work with a North 5th Line Bar for example. And
because I don't have one somebody else will have to test it :wink:

Greetings,
Konza :thumb:

PS: One thing which could make the "LineCrawler" better would be another velcro or elastic to clip it directly on bar - Not all bars have elastics at the barends like North or Cab. So that would probably be a nice feature. :thumb:

KiteLobster
Rare Poster

Postby KiteLobster » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:51 pm

:hallo@all: ,

Firstly I would like to thank all those who have volunteered :anon: to test the LineCrawler and wish you :goodluck:. For those who are still waiting (or forgotten to reply...I still have one waiting for you) they are all in the post. The last batch were posted 1 hour ago and they're on the way.

My MailBox is FULL :o and alas I have no more free samples for those of you who would like to test it :(.

I do hope that those who have received one will reward the Forum with detailed reports that will not only help me improve the LineCrawler but help you to decided if this is a worthwhile tool to have.

Don't forget to checkout my website, http://www.kitelobster.com because all the good tips and tricks that the Kiteforum volunteers discover using the LineCrawler with their setup I will be adding soon to a new INFO link.

I wish you all the very kiting best for 2007 and a very big
:cheers:

Robin
a.k.a. KiteLobster
http://www.kitelobster.com
Last edited by KiteLobster on Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”