Forum for kitesurfers
lemo
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kite Testival in El Gouna,Egypt???

Postby lemo » Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:01 pm

Is the Kite Testival really cancelled ???
Just got mail from the hotel there informing me that they have cancelled the event :cry: :cry: :x :cry:
Will it be held somewhere else? :-?

bennyh
Medium Poster

Postby bennyh » Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:31 pm

I'm keen to get involved in the Testicle too.
I've heared on the grapevine that some insane Western politicians are brewing up a war on the other side of the Red Sea.
Our kites could get tangled up in low flying jets (ever wondered what would happen?) or worse get shot down by SAM's.
What does everyone think about heading into the Middle East?

Here's what the UK Foreign Office says:

Travellers to Egypt should be aware of the impact that violence between the Israelis and Palestinians has had across the Arab world and the risk of public disturbance in response. Demonstrations are usually well controlled, but there were violent incidents in early April2002, mainly against the police Recent developments in Iraq will also have had an impact on local public opinion and this might be expressed by some people. You should follow news reports and be alert to developments in the Middle East which might trigger public disturbance. You should take sensible precautions for your personal safely and avoid political gatherings and demonstrations. Any increase in regional tension might affect travel advice.

Must admit, it doesn't bother me too much and might add to the excitement from a travelling point of view.
Bring it on!
Regards

Preppie
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Preppie » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:26 pm

What!!!! i´ve already bought a ticket! Anybody with some info??

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:59 am

Hi Preppie,

sad but true!

The Kite Show has been cancelled due to the high risk of the war and its consequences !!!

It will be too dangerous!

Read the announcement for further infos.

Toby

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:47 pm

Hey Preppie, I will be there for the next seven weeks probably with no crowds, hopefully good winds and sun 8) Come buy to Colona and rip it up. I don't think there will be any problems in HRG.

Scott
Colona

Return to “Kitesurfing”