Forum for kitesurfers
sols
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby sols » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:06 pm

Other top kiters have different opinions
[quote]Leroy, fresh off of an eight day 30 knot plus adventure in Costa Rica, was on fire the entire event showing moves like kiteloop slim chances and back mobes to blind. Leroy passed on to the finals using his Xbow kite and Custom board to stick nearly everything in his heats. The pro men finals saw the PKRA experience come out in Leroy; his spectacular, jaw dropping back mobe to blind left the judges speachless and the crowd roaring. When asked about the finals Leroy had this to say, “We had lighter gusty conditions in waves – tough for freestyle. Thankfully I was on my Crossbow and I stayed evenly powered throughout my heat; I used my Imperial to get all the pop I needed for my powered moves. With a seasoned competitor like Dimitri, and a local like Jon, you have to pull out all the stops flawlessly to get a victory like this.â€Â

WestCoastkiter
Medium Poster

Postby WestCoastkiter » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:35 pm

Of course there is bows in the PKRA. the reason is because some companys only make BOWS. The riders dont have a choice, if they did im certain they would fly C's.
WCK

sols
Frequent Poster

Postby sols » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:41 pm

I see no rider leaving Cabrinha because of this. Actually I see more riders joining. Cabrinha gets feedback from their team riders when a new kite is out before it hits the market. If we didn't like the bowkites things could be different. And I think Cab riders do pretty well with their bowkites don't you think?

I'm proud to be part of Cab. I remember when bows came out most people said it would be the end of Cab but time shows different. I can count only a couple of companies that don't have a flat kite in their range. Most have 2 and more in a years time. Some known C models are transforming into flat and so. And it's still the beginning. Wait till higher aspect bow kites appear and then C will start to dissapear.

By the way, the Omega is out!

DART VADER
Medium Poster
Gear: Tube, Foil
Brand Affiliation: Sportime Family

Postby DART VADER » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:02 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: I agreee

sur4boi
Rare Poster

Postby sur4boi » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:08 am

C's will never die!!!!! Never!!

bows are fun to have a laugh on now and again (especially in waves!!).

Experimental player
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Experimental player » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:55 am

Kites with bridles are for beginners.

Its a kite with basically trainer wheels! gay.

Kites for uncoordinated people who stand poo stance.

Maybe bridle kites are designed for stretching the rectum.

Hold your breath your guts might fall out if you stand depowered for too long.

:wink:

JS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JS » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:58 am

sur4boi wrote:C's will never die!!!!! Never!!
When preaching, you'll be even more convincing if you emphasize your point like this:

C'S WILL NEVER DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

droffats
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride, Hdrofoil, Waves, Big Air
Gear: Ozone, Ocean Rodeo, Cabrinha, Mystic
Brand Affiliation: www.adventurekiteboarding.com

Let's all hate

Postby droffats » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:38 am

This may be way off as an example, but I'll try anyway. (I'm not flame baiting and the last thing I want is C or bow kite only beaches, fights, blah blah blah).

In mountain bikes, full suspension came along. Some proclaimed the death of hardtail mountain bikes, others said "Never!" Some said they are fine for fun, but no good for races and the only ones who'd race them are sponsored riders. This went on and on.

Today, just a few years later, both exist side by side, and have even become more specialized for different riding styles, race terrain, parts of the country and topography etc. There has even been backlash where some guys went as simple as possible; single speeds (no gears), no suspension front or rear, retro styles, steel frames (steel is real) etc.

In the end, everyone buys what they want and the sport grew in different directions. Some of the specialization helped keep sales from declining.

Maybe we'll grow enough not to run out of places to ride and get more respect as a user group so beaches don't get closed to us etc.

-Stafford

panchito
Very Frequent Poster

Postby panchito » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:40 am

sq225917 wrote:well at least he didnt recommend you buy one of their shit kites, at least the fuel always worked.
Yo man .... relax , take a deep breath ..... make yoga ....please don´t get back to the P&B* old days ..... thank you

Saludos

*(pimp & bash)

SlimShaddy
Frequent Poster

Postby SlimShaddy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:42 pm

SS Kiter wrote:
bleighty wrote:
DON´T BELIVE THE (BOW) HYPE!!!!!
Don't fear change.... :thumb: :bye:

Return to “Kitesurfing”